Match Practice for clan-less people?

Forum for all Clan related discussion, including matches, results and recruitment.

Match Practice for clan-less people?

Postby Ccpanther on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:46 am

So many clan-less people around... joining a good clan is hard work and allot of people gets the full thing wrong...
You see... most people thinks that to join a clan, you just need to run around killing as must people is possible... the truth is.. competitive clans that play in official tournaments, look for match players.. not necessarily how many kills you get.. but how well you play in a team..tactical awareness, following orders quickly and efficiently..and so on.
How you play in a match is completely different of how you play on a PUB server... the problem is that people now a days don't get that type of practice because most servers are 32+ players....

Will be nice if UKCS can get a match simulation server up..so new guys can experience the dynamics of match playing.. maybe UKCS*4 that is only up once a week?
hell.... I even host a game my self for few hours in the weekend if that is not possible...
PM me if you interested on match practice.. and when I have about 10 people interested I'll host a server on Saturdays for a couple of hours. :wink:

Edit:... forgot to say...CSS only. :roll:
The Gentle or the Furious.
The Knight shield or the Warriors sword.
The Right and Wrong or the Wrong and Right.
The Open palm or the closed fist.
The Black or the White ?
Ccpanther

Player: Cpanther
STEAM_0:1:52146308

Re: Match Practice for clan-less people?

Postby snow_white on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:51 pm

I'd love to try to experience some competative CSS. My CSS experience is like 5-6 scrims subbing in for the former VIA competative team. I did rather horrible seeing I have no experience with scrims in CSS.
For example: I don't throw grenades (LOOOOOL), I don't know where invisible walls are.. how far which sounds travel and so on and so forth.

My general competative FPS (americas army, BF2, BFV, CoD4) experience is ok though.. but you can't float on these experiences in CSS, its been around for too long.
Dear Mario: Please come to the castle.
I've baked cake for you.
This is a video game, rescuing princesses is for pussies!
Gamers are the sportsjocks of the nerds!
snow_white
Recruit Member

Player: snow_white snow_white
STEAM_0:0:16389855

Postby Ccpanther on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 am

snow_white wrote:I'd love to try to experience some competative CSS. My CSS experience is like 5-6 scrims subbing in for the former VIA competative team. I did rather horrible seeing I have no experience with scrims in CSS.
For example: I don't throw grenades (LOOOOOL), I don't know where invisible walls are.. how far which sounds travel and so on and so forth.

My general competative FPS (americas army, BF2, BFV, CoD4) experience is ok though.. but you can't float on these experiences in CSS, its been around for too long.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a pro... LOL.. I think I need the practice my self to. :P ...But I use to play in some cs clans many years a go...and now I been playing on PUB's with lots of players, I notes my game have chance allot..For EG:.. I do allot more spray and pray now than I use to, and I rush for the quick kills to much....my tactical positioning and awareness is slowly going to ZERO. Also the motivation is different when you know that wining or losing a round is not that important....

I love PUB's for my general game play.. LOTS OF FUN. but *some* times I miss the adrenaline rush of competitive match playing on cs. :wink:
The Gentle or the Furious.
The Knight shield or the Warriors sword.
The Right and Wrong or the Wrong and Right.
The Open palm or the closed fist.
The Black or the White ?
Ccpanther

Player: Cpanther
STEAM_0:1:52146308

Postby kira on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:50 pm

I would be interested in this - sent u a Pm Ccpanther
kira
UKCS Sponsor

Player: KiRA
STEAM_0:1:45500623

Postby rz- on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Wow this is a very good idea!

I used to play in several clans during the beta 7 - cs 1.3 period, and since i finally took the step to get back into steam, i really wanted to play competetive again..
Big problem is that i became an international truckdriver and im only home during the weekends.. So a clan isn't a possibility anymore :(

Soooo this is the perfect match for me! Seriously interested overhere ^^

rz-
Recruit Member

Player: rz
STEAM_0:0:48200015

Postby kira on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm

We can always get some 1 on1 or 2 on2 going- I got a server that can be used. I know I nd the practice anyway!!
kira
UKCS Sponsor

Player: KiRA
STEAM_0:1:45500623

Postby Tweezy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:02 pm

I would love to join you guys for some practice. I used to scrim a lot back in the day, but I haven't done it in a while.

Tweezy
Recruit Member

Player: Tweezy
STEAM_0:1:21428618

Return to Clan's Corner