- Hello and welcome to the CSS Section of the UKCS forums. If you are new to the forums or haven't made a post yet, you might want to go to the New Member Introductions and Member Celebrations Section and make a thread so that everyone can see you're a new member. UKCS is a friendly place and we hope you will enjoy your time here!
Within this thread you will find specific information about the CounterStrike:Source servers at UKCS.
UKCS Server IPs and GUI:
- Here at UKCS we have many servers catering for several different source games (CounterStrike:Source, Day of Defeat:Source, Team Fortress 2, CounterStrike:1.6 and Left 4 Dead).
- CSS#1: 18.104.22.168:27015 - 62 Player CSS
- CSS#2: 22.214.171.124:27015 - 46 Player CSS
- CSS#3: 126.96.36.199:27015 - 62 Player CSS Office Extreme
- CSS#4: 188.8.131.52:27030 - Sunday Evenings Only
The CSS server IPs are:
You can also use the UKCS GUI created by Nelsaidi2 which will connect you with a single click. For more information about the UKCS GUI, or need help with the plugin, please post here.
Click here to get the UKCS CSS GUI setup.
What are the CSS Server/Forum rules?
- The CSS Server rules can be found here. You are expected to follow these rules and follow what UKCS admins say when on the servers.
The UKCS forum has its own set of rules that you can read here.
What about the |UKCS| tag and how do I find my SteamID?
- When you sign up to the UKCS forum you are asked to add your unique SteamID. There is a guide on how to find the SteamID here. Active members of the UKCS community use the |UKCS| tag in game, to show that UKCS is their home server, and that it's the server they regularly play on. It also signifies that you are a member of the community. Everyone that is a member of the forum with their SteamID in their profile is welcome to wear the tag with pride!
How can I donate to UKCS?
- UKCS is funded entirely by voluntary donations, which ensure that we have the best servers with the best possible playing experience for you. Everyone that donates towards the running costs not only help maintain the servers and the UKCS community, they also receive VIP access to all UKCS servers for at least a month. This means they do not need to queue to join UKCS servers when they are full.
If you want to donate via PayPal, you can either click the link at the top of the forum or on the homepage, or alternatively go straight here. If you donate by PayPal, then your VIP access will be granted immediately and your donation will also be listed on the homepage.
You can alternatively donate by post using cash or cheques by sending either to using the Official UKCS address:
- UKCS, PO BOX 27015, Worcester Park, KT4 9AA
Cheques should be made out to "UKCS". Please remember to add your playing name/SteamID and your real name somewhere so we know who has kindly helped out UKCS. Please also make sure there is a return address in case of delivery problems.
How can I contact an admin in game?
- If you have any trouble whilst playing on the server, be it a disruptive player, a hacker or just a general query- you can contact an online admin by saying "@message" where message is what you want to say. This will alert all admins with a popup message and they will reply as soon as possible. Don't worry, only you and the admin team can see the messages you send. Please try not to spam the admins either, and only send your message once.
I think I've spotted a cheater/hacker! What should I do?
- If there is someone you think is using hacks, cheating or using exploits, the first thing you should do is try to contact an admin using the "@" command. If there is no admin currently available you may want to make a demo to show an admin at a later date. This is also useful if you want to record yourself playing to show others.
To record a demo, type "record demoname" in the console. Then type "status" to get the steamID of all the players currently in game.
This will record what you see, whether you are spectating another player or playing yourself. It will also record anything being said on a mic on your team. To stop recording a demo, type stop in console. To play a demo you have recorded, type playdemo demoname in the console.
The demo will be located in: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamusername>\counter-strike source\cstrike and be named yourdemoname.dem.
If you have recorded a demo of a cheater or abuser on the UKCS CSS servers, upload the demo on the UKCS uploader. There is a guide on how to use the UKCS uploader here.
When you have uploaded the demo send a PM, including the link to the demo, to any of the CSS Admins listed here
How can i join the CSS admin team?
- If think you have what it takes, and want to join the CSS admin team. Then you can apply here. All applications are considered.
Does UKCS have a Teamspeak server?
- Yes! We have a UKCS Teamspeak server where people can socialise, chat and just generally have a good time.
For more information about the Teamspeak server click here.
When I'm playing on the server, how can I see who has sprayed an image?
- If you are registered on the UKCS forums and have your SteamID correctly set in your profile, you can use the UKCS Spray Inspection command. This allows you to compliment players on their sprays if you like them and also to report a spray if you find it offensive. For information about how to use the in game spray inspection, click here.
- There is a guide on how to increase your framerates in CSS as well as a lot of tips from players here. You might experience an increase of up to 50%!
How do I install custom skins?
- Installing Custom Skins:
- Step 1: Extract the .RAR / .ZIP or whatever etc. etc.
- Step 2: Go into your /steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike/materials/models/player (then urban or terror depending on which player skin you are replacing)
*NOTE* most of the folders will not exist so you may have to create some of them.
- Step 3: Get the recolour/reskin file (either terrortemp.vtf or urbantemp.vtf) and place in the corresponding folder.
- Step 1: Extract the .RAR / .ZIP or whatever etc. etc.
- Step 2: Go into your /steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike/materials/models/weapons folder, *NOTE* again you will have to create some of the folders yourself. For now only v_model replacements have be released, so create another folder called v_models.
- Step 3: With most of the releases the name of the gun has the model folders (eg. rif_ak47) just paste the folder in their (the v_models folder)
- Step 4: Go into your /steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike/models (you will have to create the models folder in your cstrike folder, do not get confused with your materials/models folder.
- Step 5: Create another folder in /models/ called weapons paste the other files that were in the zip/rar in this folder.
If you're not sure what files go where, just try and look for the corresponding folders.
--- Enjoy your customised cs:source
Installing custom models for weapons (the custom model conversions):
Can I turn off the voice chat and radio commands?
- If you are finding it a bit much with the voice commands on the servers (especially when they are full), there are some commands you can use to turn it off.
- Code: Select all
alias radio "radiooff"
alias radiooff "ignorerad 1; alias radio radioon"
alias radioon "ignorerad 0; alias radio radiooff"
bind "v" "radio"
To turn voice chat on or off:
- voice_enable 0 - Turns off voice chat,
voice_enable 1 - Turns voice chat back on.
If you want to turn the radio messages off, you need to locate a file called autoexec.cfg. This is located in your /steamapps/username/counter-strike source/cstrike/cfg folder. If you do not see an autoexec.cfg file in here, just create one. Add the code below, and type exec autoexec in your console when you enter the game. You can change "v" to whatever key you want to use to turn if on and off.
Is there an official guide to UKCS?
- If you want to find out more about UKCS, you can also have a look at "The Guide to UKCS".
Other helpful threads:
- Gandy's radar overviews.
Very handy to have a proper map overview on all the custom maps we play here on UKCS. If you have questions or find some map overviews to be missing just make a request in this thread.
Gandys GUI and and extended keyboard options.
Visit this thread for an alternative GUI, and the very handy extended keyboard options!
Trim down your CSS and gain HDD space.
Use the tips in this thread to reduce the disk space taken by CSS.
CSS Buy Binds
Use the tips here to make practical buy binds in CSS.