Demos for UKCS short (video of community)

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

Demos for UKCS short (video of community)

Postby Viz on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 pm

UKCS Community Short

Info
As some/most people are awear i am currently trying to make a community short advertising the community and servers of what we have to offer, which aims to invite/show off ukcs in genereal. Also for me to be able to carry on editing video's when i have some free time.

Work so Far:
Screen shots:

Video preview:

Demos

Info
What i need is some demos for me to start editing the actual footage of the servers for this community short. This is were you come in :D to help me. Also at this current time i cannot go on ukcs as i have a constant high latencey so untill orange (my ip) sort it out im stuck.

What im looking for
- Big Rushes
- Alot of gun fire, grenades, ect
- Team Play
- Funny moments

What not to do
- Do not fire (muzzle flashes are hard to remove)
- Do not crouch (as i cannot get rid of the jolt in the camera on crouch)
- Do not jump (again produces a small lag)
- Need to be fairly close to the action (but not that close) can be behind the door or wall of what site people are rushing into (so doesnt
have to be standing next to people.

Would just like to add, i do want a few varieties of maps, but at the same time would like a few demos of certain maps (as in it doesnt keep switching from map to map every clip but has a variety) it does not matter what server this is on as it will not show up in the demo what server, it just has to be on UKCS servers.

An Example of a demo i recorded on ukcs, with me editing after to give you a better idea as to what im doing and also what you need to do is below:

Once you have your demo add it too winzip or winrar with a notpad, in the note pad write somat like:
Dust 2 / Big rush B / about 3 mins in or tic 12000 or 4 round in ect/ server 2/ Recorded by Viz!
As much info as possible would be greatfull to help locate the round/ time i need to look at/edit. Then just upload it too the ukcs uploader.

Would just like to thank everyone who takes part in helping me out. i do have a week off work 7th feb - 13th feb. So if i could get some demos by then as im sure ill have a little free time, that would be amazing.
Last edited by Viz on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nicey Frag movie coming soon =)
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Viz
STEAM_0:1:10862125

Re: Demos for UKCS short (video of community)

Postby Skjold on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Would the demo's work if we're in spec (Without filming from one persons view, just normal spectator and maybe 3rd person at some point)

Because as I am no longer an admin (due to personal reasons) I have time on my hand to record quite a lot if needed.
Skjold
Home Member

Player: Skjold Say Wut
STEAM_0:0:21911618

Postby Viz on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Skjold wrote:Would the demo's work if we're in spec (Without filming from one persons view, just normal spectator and maybe 3rd person at some point)

Because as I am no longer an admin (due to personal reasons) I have time on my hand to record quite a lot if needed.

No sorry because it is not a pov, if i used that sort of demo all i can record is what you see, this footage would be usless.
On a side note i can do a 3rd person perspective using a pov demo (as its not got zblock so there is a cheat i can use)

NINJA EDIT: the cheat only works when viewing a demo an connot be used ingame or on anyserver as its just a few console commands.lol
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby AViewToAKill on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 am

Yeah cud try this myself as i havent got to do much over next couple of days... just remind me of commands to record. Does it matter if u die all the time??

Edit! Might need help with using winzip and all the lark to send not to hot on that me self! Lol didnt see the small print!
AViewToAKill
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: AViewToAKill
STEAM_0:1:15732433

Postby AViewToAKill on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:44 am

Sorry for double post but, thought that with Skjolds idea with someone in spec could work through mumble with some one in spec and soome one playing; sounds alot like ghosting i know but could direct or at least tell some one where to go! Plz not let be a rank whore cus ure gonna lose!
AViewToAKill
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: AViewToAKill
STEAM_0:1:15732433

Postby Viz on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 am

to record a demo, all you need to do is type in consol, record <demoname> as in record ukcsdust2. then at the end type stop. you dont have to use winzip or winrar. it was jus to keep the notpad together. you can jus upload the demo and post the link here. just type underneath it what you need to type in the notpad.

i cannot use demos you record in spec as i hav no freedom of were the camera will go. they need to be a pov. but to hav someone in spec overseeing the guy recording is fine by me, unless admins think this is ghosting and dont.
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Gorilla*Criminal on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm back to css on the 7th with my desktop so I can finally play this bloody game after 5 months so I'll get you some stuff. You say Don't fire as it's hard to remove Mussle flashes, but what if its silenced. I re iterate that I haven't played this game in 5 months and honestly can't remember if it gives anything away and will make it hard for you.
It ain't over until i run outa bannanas
Gorilla*Criminal
Home Member

Player: GainZ!
STEAM_0:1:17321042

Postby Viz on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Gorilla*Criminal wrote:I'm back to css on the 7th with my desktop so I can finally play this bloody game after 5 months so I'll get you some stuff. You say Don't fire as it's hard to remove Mussle flashes, but what if its silenced. I re iterate that I haven't played this game in 5 months and honestly can't remember if it gives anything away and will make it hard for you.

you will have bullet shells still, an also the jolt of the gun may shake the screen, i think anyway. lol best jus not to shoot an hide. if you get a big rush on the go just stay back/middle of pack and when on site hide. once most of the people die you can start shooting as i wont need footage after that :) jus need some good action shots.
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Viz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 am

BUMP, need some demo's :< i would do it my self but i get high latency on servers cuz somat is wrong with my internet provider atm
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Skjold on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:27 am

Been trying Viz.. But I only manage to get good demo's of me and less than 4 guys playing on same team at same time. It gives good tactical demo's though :) But you have no idea how annoyed I get of getting flashed 24/7 while playing lol. I know you can just remove the flash in the demo... But seriously I would like to know where to look when I'm flashed xD I'll keep trying though. Reason it's hard getting any when there's a lot on (as you want demo's of more than 30 players at a time I'm guessing to make sure there's some good action).
Skjold
Home Member

Postby Viz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:37 am

Skjold wrote:Been trying Viz.. But I only manage to get good demo's of me and less than 4 guys playing on same team at same time. It gives good tactical demo's though :) But you have no idea how annoyed I get of getting flashed 24/7 while playing lol. I know you can just remove the flash in the demo... But seriously I would like to know where to look when I'm flashed xD I'll keep trying though. Reason it's hard getting any when there's a lot on (as you want demo's of more than 30 players at a time I'm guessing to make sure there's some good action).

yea server needs to be full, but tbh lets say your on de_prymids or some maps were everyone rushes religiously you dont need to fully commit to rush just be in close proximity.
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Skjold on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:47 pm

I try that and I still get overloaded with flashes. It's like people have an autoskjoldaim with flashes lol. One round of Pyramid I was flashed the first 1 min of the round -_- Even changed positions to more safe area's
Skjold
Home Member

Postby Blaze on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Skjold, Face --> Wall !
:D :D
Blaze
UKCS Sponsor

Player: blazey
STEAM_0:1:22040076

Postby Silent BoB on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:38 am

I got to see a preview of this tonight. Looked sick but im being told that lack of interest etc from everyone including the people at the top has caused viz to ditch it.

The advert brought me back. Must have had booooooobs in it.
Silent BoB
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: SILENTBOB D|091
STEAM_0:0:9289236

Postby Viz on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm

gunna bump this thread one last time, intrested in all/any demos now. l4d, tf2 and css ( good kills as in fast 4/5/6/ect, funny moments, random shots, ect. if i cant get any then ill release a sort of trailer for ukcs an move to my next project ^^.
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby S t e f f |DK| |UKCS| on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm

On it Viz :!:

Viz, could you please update the link to the youtube preview of the video :silent:
UKCS Executive Admin and Forum Moderator
Click Here to send me a PM.

UKCS is an independent gaming community made possible by donations from its members
Sponsors receive VIP reserved slots immediately on all UKCS servers and game types for a period of a month or longer depending on the amount donated. If your total donations over time ever reaches then you receive life time VIP on all servers current and future. All donations of any size are welcome.
Click me to donate --->Image
S t e f f |DK| |UKCS|
Executive Admin

Player: S t e f f |DK|
STEAM_0:1:12364203

Postby S t e f f |DK| |UKCS| on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Alright all, sorry for spamming your forums, but we need some demos for this (ALL GAME TYPES).

gunna bump this thread one last time, intrested in all/any demos now. l4d, tf2, dod, 1,6 and css

Viz has already put tons of time in to this, so the least we can do, is to get some footage.

This is a video of the UKCS Community, so we need footage from all game types.

Steff <3
UKCS Executive Admin and Forum Moderator
Click Here to send me a PM.

UKCS is an independent gaming community made possible by donations from its members
Sponsors receive VIP reserved slots immediately on all UKCS servers and game types for a period of a month or longer depending on the amount donated. If your total donations over time ever reaches then you receive life time VIP on all servers current and future. All donations of any size are welcome.
Click me to donate --->Image
S t e f f |DK| |UKCS|
Executive Admin

Player: S t e f f |DK|
STEAM_0:1:12364203

Postby ACCELERATOR - - on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 pm

It's 11:40pm, and i have nothing better to do with my life.

I'll see what i can record in TF2 right now.

ACCELERATOR - -
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: mrCK
STEAM_0:1:26540695

Postby Viz on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks guys.
Reson why links are down is that i have made a trailer for this and dont want people to see the final video/intro atm better off being a surprise anyway.
going to be using frags now!! so you need to get me demos. All u need to do now is jus type record demoname, in consol and upload it. i will only use 1 round/frag from a single person so make sure you hav a good one, what would be ideal is quick 4-5+ frags, funny moments, lucky shots, good team work (big rushes) as for tf2 i am not 100% what is good but send me some decent stuff, ill do the rest :).

Like i said already i am now going to use frags!! So this is a chance for you to actually be in it!!

thanks again
Viz!
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Viz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

well due to the huge lack in intrest of this (as in getting demo's) im giving up on this project, as i havent recived 1 demo in like 1-2 months.

But heres the trailer, ukcs can do with it as they wish. PM me for a direct download link if you wish to put it somewere else off youtube.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcwlvCxc-PI&hd=1[/youtubehd]

Im am currently making a new project for thekgl, if you wish to see a small edit for a demo call:

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1ys_yYgVM&hd=1[/youtubehd]

Add me to steam or sub my youtube account for further updates/vids of this (long way to go)
Viz
UKCS Sponsor

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat