The 2nd UKCS CS:S 5v5 Tournament Event! Starts 30th!!!

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

The 2nd UKCS CS:S 5v5 Tournament Event! Starts 30th!!!

Postby MotsMan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:57 am

The 2nd UKCS CS:S 5v5 Tournament Event!

The following paragraphs here intends to run through various settings and rules of the competition. Non compliance with the rules could lead to match forfeits or even tournament disqualification.

The Tournament

The tournament will be of a group format. Every team in a group will play every other team in their group. Each match will be played across 2 maps which will have been set prior by admins. The winner of the match (i.e wins both maps) will receive 3 points to their group standings. The loser (i.e wins no maps) will receive 0 points to their group standings. If both teams win one map then each team will receive 1 point to their group standings.

The number of groups will depend on the number of teams applying. If there are multiple groups the top teams from each group will progress forward into an elimination style round to determine who is the overall winner.

Tournament Schedule

The tournament is scheduled for a 10 day sign-up period beginning the 24th Jul & ending the 4th Aug. The actual event will be looking to start on the 5th Aug and will continue until all matches are played.

Tournament Rules

All UKCS rules will still apply during tournament play. A comprehensive list of them can be found here. In addition all UKCS forum rules also apply whilst using the forums for status updates and etc. The comprehensive list of forum rules can be found here.
Breaking rules will lead to match forfeits & in serious cases can lead to tournament disqualification & being barred from future events. UKCS will not tolerate disrespect to admins and a disregard for the rules.

The Sign-Up Period

The sign-up period lasts for 10 days beginning the 24th Jul. The sign-up thread can be found here. Please keep that thread exclusively for signing up to the event. The sign-up thread specifies an exact format for which you must use to be entered into the event.
Team captains can sign up a team of 5 (with at least 1 substitute), however for maximum exposure we will allow individual players to sign up. Individual players will be randomly joined together to form new teams, in the situation we have excess players they will assigned as second substitutes for existing teams. Whole teams who have applied can’t refuse any extra players we assign to their team; we hope that substitutes will get a fair time to play during the match.

Match Settings / Maps

The shortlist of maps we have chosen is based upon feedback received from you the players. The shortlist is as follows de_dust2, de_inferno, de_train, de_season, de_tuscan, de_cbble, de_cpl_strike & de_nuke
Maps will be set for specific matches by me prior to the match. It will be set so every teams first game will be two maps. Every teams 2nd game will be a different pair of maps. This will continue utilising all the maps we have avaiable in the short list.
Match settings are a mix of UKCS & the ESL config. We will have a round timer set to 1:45 with reduced buy times and bomb timers. You will be restricted so you can only spectate your own team. Auto-snipers are restricted completely and AWP’s are restricted to 1 per team.

Mumble

Xerxes has kindly let us have our own sub-channel for the event using mumble. I expect teams to use mumble as the admin running the match will use it to coordinate the event. Also we may be looking to cast the event and being able to bring in team comms is a plus. Teams will then be able to join their own sub channel for use during the match. Spectators of the event will also be able to join a spectator sub-channel to discuss play with other spectators. For information about the mumble server and how to set it up visit here.

Match Rules

All UKCS rules will still apply during match play. A comprehensive list of them can be found here. We will begin with some practice rounds till all teams are ready. Live play will only commence when both team captains inform the admin running the match that they are ready. Should your team not be ready 15 minutes after the scheduled start you may forfeit the match, unless if both teams consent to carrying on with one team on reduced players.
Play will start off with a knife round to determine the teams. The winning team will get to decide whether to play as CT or T first. During the knife round planting the bomb, shooting & throwing any type of grenade will lead to your team forfeiting the round. Match play can now commence.
During the match should a player disconnect live play continues until the end of the round. Then live play will be paused for a maximum of 5 minutes where the team can either substitute the lost player, wait for player to return or continue with 4 players. Delaying the match further could lead to a match forfeit.
Should 2 or more players disconnect for a team and after 5 minutes the team can’t continue play with at least 4 players, that team will forfeit the match.

Tournament Standings

Tournament standings will be ranked upon how many points your team has. The top 3 teams will receive prizes. The 3rd place team will receive one months VIP, the 2nd place team will receive one months VIP. The overall winning team will receive 2 months VIP. In addition the top two teams will also receive the chance to represent UKCS in an upcoming cross-community 5v5 tournament!

Keep your eyes posted in the thread below for new developments, the main aim of the event is to have fun and a lot of what was said above will not even be necessary, but is just needed to clear up certain cases.

Thanks & enjoy!

The admin team.
Ex-CS:S Senior Admin & Ex-CS:S Map Testing & Events Manager
Thanks to Frying Dutchman for the avatar :)
MotsMan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Madsie
STEAM_0:0:12412399

Re: The 2nd UKCS CS:S 5v5 Tournament Event!

Postby MotsMan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 am

Note: To remove any confusion what is said here are the correct dates! The sign-up period is from today to the 4th August. Matches will start on the 5th August! If you need more time to get a team set up please contact me in advance!
MotsMan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Blaze on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Fail, I'm working in NYC for a month from the 2nd of August, Jb will still be away I think and Zvalan has uninstalled for now!

Disappointed as I doubt we will be able to defend the 2siq crown we won last tournament, our GM Tsenister will probably release a statement in the next 48-72 hours.
Good luck everyone who enters though :)
Blaze
UKCS Sponsor

Player: blazey
STEAM_0:1:22040076

Postby sENTIx on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:01 pm

I need a team! pm me :D
We No Speak Americano!

sENTIx
Recruit Member

Player: sentix
STEAM_0:0:61333042

Postby MotsMan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 pm

See this sentix :)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57834

Just apply as single player and we'll put teams together.
MotsMan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby SMeGoL on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Blaze im glady to take over this title ^^, sorry we cant play aginst each other

SMeGoL

Player: SMeGoL:pPp
STEAM_0:1:20054894

Postby Tsenister on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:12 am

Blaze wrote:Fail, I'm working in NYC for a month from the 2nd of August, Jb will still be away I think and Zvalan has uninstalled for now!

Disappointed as I doubt we will be able to defend the 2siq crown we won last tournament, our GM Tsenister will probably release a statement in the next 48-72 hours.
Good luck everyone who enters though :)

Unfortunately this is not the whole story. I had to disband the team because Blaze failed to meet the conditions of his probation and must spend a month in Ashfield's juvenile detention centre. I believe JB has eloped due to his parents inability to cope with a same sex relationship, and Zvalan is on an offshore anger management course after punching a clean hole at work after someone "used his coffee mug for the last time".

Good Luck to the next teams!
Tsenister
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Ash ㅋㅋ
STEAM_0:1:5226924

Postby lockwyn on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 am

i am in ;)
sitting at a distance, like vultures on the attack, I rise
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. -Christopher Hitchens
lockwyn
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: lockwyn level 43 ver. 1.39
STEAM_0:1:5617232

Postby fuLLy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

im game, need team tho

fuLLy
UKCS Sponsor

Player: fully
STEAM_0:0:9773467

Postby MotsMan on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Fully just apply at the link provided.

And teams will be put together out of the applicants.
MotsMan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby BreeZe on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

How do you sort out the teams from "random" people signing up? Some kind of draw or what? :) Just curious here, not sure if ill attend myself, but im considering it.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby MotsMan on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:35 am

I just randomly pick players. Each team would then have a player also who is willing to be a captain.
MotsMan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby MotsMan on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 am

Note being a captain doesn't require much work :) It's just a point of contact for me, who can then spread info to the other members of his/her team.
MotsMan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby BreeZe on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks for the info mate.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby surreal on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:01 pm

PM me if you want to form a team. I'll be captain using my immense team leading experience.
surreal
UKCS Sponsor

Player: surreal
STEAM_0:0:1470239

Postby surreal on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Skimmed over the rules, but couldn't see it...what time are the actual matches and on what days?
surreal
UKCS Sponsor

Player: surreal
STEAM_0:0:1470239

Postby Lionheart on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 pm

surreal wrote:Skimmed over the rules, but couldn't see it...what time are the actual matches and on what days?

They are in the evenings and normally one match per team every couple of days until that team is eliminated / win.

Each time is assigned at least 1 sub (Or if you form a team, include a sub) so that if one player is not available, another can replace him.

The below attachment is from the previous 5v5 UKCS tournament and shows how the timings roughly work. I doubt it will vary greatly from that; but Mads can correct me otherwise :)

http://images.ukcs.net/13559/Tournament_Brackets~9.png
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby Jb's on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 pm

yeah it's a shame 2siq won't be able to defend our title of UKCS best 5v5 team ever.

I'm out of the country until the 7th of august. but if there is a team looking for a sub i'd be happy to join for some of the later games :). hit me with a PM.

2siq needs at least one representative. Blaze could you play from the US? your ping won't be too different from the last tourny lololol

Jb's
Home Member

Player: jb1
STEAM_0:0:5433520

Postby SMeGoL95 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 pm

If any good team wants me Add: Johan95440 :twisted:

SMeGoL95
Recruit Member

Player: jHHxDD
STEAM_0:0:15430956

Postby Gorilla*Criminal on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:54 am

jbizz is coming back - and best team ever? pffft I wasn't playing is all
It ain't over until i run outa bannanas
Gorilla*Criminal
Home Member

Player: GainZ!
STEAM_0:1:17321042

Next

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat