UKCS 3 AWP Restrictions.

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

AWPS back on UKCS:3?

Yes - Unlimited amount per team
14%
Yes - Restricted amount per team (e.g 2)
46%
No
40%

Total votes : 83

Re: UKCS 3 AWP Restrictions.

Postby Jems on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Just have awps enabled with a lower % of players turning it on in settings on #3. You can also make that 2 per team limit apply when they are allowed. Reset every time teams change.

Jems
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Jems
STEAM_0:1:13712412

Postby Dagur on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Awp back on . The people have spoken.

Dagur

dagurlegend

Postby Mini3gg on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Could there be a vote when someone joins with:
Awps On?
1 - dont care
2 - yes
3 - no

I think the problem is that most people who play are noobs and don't know how to counter a awper, with the best way being smoke. They just run in/out and get picked off one by one because they rarely all rush in at the same time. A competent T awper can hold a whole team back at side hall unless a CT throws a smoke or a good number run in and overwhelm him. Or the ts get easily picked off at back yard -> garage or ct spawn -> front yard because they dont smoke it up. Or Ts run from spawn -> back yard and already they're 4 down because they didnt smoke main hall.

The other problem is CT awpers camping garage or back yard windows till the round ends to save their precious gun not even attempting the objective. You can end up spectating for over a minute just waiting for the round to end because Ts don't want to run out and die.

Mini3gg

Player: Egg
STEAM_0:1:15669024

Postby juice102154 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Please no... Not that lame wep back..

I remember when it was enabled to 2 per team, everyone bitching at eachother who had the awp and who not, if someone didn't have an awp and he wanted to have it, he simply blocked someone with an awp the whole round untill that person died so he could easily pick it up. (or started teamflashing the guy)
Also, a small map like office simply doesn't work with a gun that instantly kills you - whether it is in your foot or in your chest. If you try to walk from yard to hall you get shot and killed withouth even seeing where that goddarn insta dead rifle is. Now with the scout as sniper rifle, people learn to aim.
Plus, as said before, CT will just camp the garage from the back with their awp's and T will camp the proj room from the back and ct's will get killed without even walking into the room..
"Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle." -Christian D. Larson
juice102154
Recruit Member

Player: Juice
STEAM_0:0:33610634

Postby Masta on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Make them available to 2 people per team again!

My main motivation, why i chose to start playing on UKCS like a year ago was because it was one of the only Office 24/7 servers, that allowed the AWP.
When i came back after a long period of "CSS free time", there was really something missing deep in my heart when i played on your server :lol:

However, now that you've fixed?! the problem with the awp restriction, you should seriously bring it back to 2 per team so that everybody is happy again.

Masta

Player: `Masta
STEAM_0:0:6280045

Postby A Killer Potato on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:15 pm

juice102154 wrote:Also, a small map like office simply doesn't work with a gun that instantly kills you - whether it is in your foot or in your chest. .

Proving that the majority of people against AWPs don't understand them in the slightest. A arm/leg hit will do 84/85, not kill you.. A headshot with most guns can instantly kill you too, are we going to ban them next?
I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Compile log wrote:Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."
A Killer Potato
Home Member

Player: Espurr
STEAM_0:1:10838190

GET AWP ON OFFICE #3

Postby daimon on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 pm

hey why can we not get awp on Office server #3 ?

daimon

Player: Evil Daimon
STEAM_0:0:43323729

Postby daimon on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:45 pm

come on i want awp on office :D

daimon

Postby B1ad3 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:16 am

go play some awp map u clown with ur stupid awp! if activate awp, 2ppl from ct team gonna camp4life on spawn. as i remember i c u daimon few times camping near ct spawn with scout on some tree (dunno how to get there maybe some bugabuse) till the end of round. now i understand why u want awp so much.

Last edited by B1ad3 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Player: B1ad3&UebekeParty
STEAM_0:1:39310341

Postby B1ad3 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:24 am

Mini3gg wrote:I think the problem is that most people who play are noobs and don't know how to counter a awper, with the best way being smoke. They just run in/out and get picked off one by one because they rarely all rush in at the same time. A competent T awper can hold a whole team back at side hall unless a CT throws a smoke or a good number run in and overwhelm him. Or the ts get easily picked off at back yard -> garage or ct spawn -> front yard because they dont smoke it up. Or Ts run from spawn -> back yard and already they're 4 down because they didnt smoke main hall.

The other problem is CT awpers camping garage or back yard windows till the round ends to save their precious gun not even attempting the objective. You can end up spectating for over a minute just waiting for the round to end because Ts don't want to run out and die.

thats it! ppl dont know (dont want) to counter awp. they just rush for fun. and every1 who wants awp so much hope to wipe all enemy team because they know ppl wont bother to try to counter them. all u say its true and this is how its gonna be. ct camp dont want to lose awp. t dont want to go die vs awpers. so if u die in the beginning of the round u will spectate for 1-2 mins. what a hypocrites.

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Postby B1ad3 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:35 am

A Killer Potato wrote:
juice102154 wrote:Proving that the majority of people against AWPs don't understand them in the slightest. A arm/leg hit will do 84/85, not kill you.. A headshot with most guns can instantly kill you too, are we going to ban them next?

if u usually hit with awp leg/arm then u r a really bad sniper. dont buy awp. leave it to ppl who can use it properly. hs from most guns instakill - o rly? deagle, ak, shotguns (at close range), scout its not MOST i think (ofc if we are talking about not close range and no helmet). r u new to cs? and its not so easy to hs an enemy with this weapons like its so easy to kill enemy with awp.

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Postby B1ad3 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:39 am

from the other side i understand u guys. but only 2 awp it will be not fair to the other players. so id like to suggest remove awp restriction. so every1 who want to buy it can buy it. id really like to see what will happen. let there be chaos.

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Postby MaddoggMiranda on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

never liked awps a good scout'er is better than an awp'r any day! :twisted:
MaddoggMiranda
Recruit Member

Player: MaddoggMiranda
STEAM_0:0:14746860

Postby DarkMalfunction on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am

Before finding UKCS, I used to play on a deathmatch server run by Blaze clan, which was constantly on de_dust2, but allowed 3 awp's per team.

The amount of arguments you get from people logging on, choosing the AWP and locking it by using "same guns every round" and then stealing it was ridiculous. One person would sit at the the side alley in the dip at the T end, and just camp. You can't throw a smoke that far, so by the time you get there, you are dead. The CT awp's would sit in the room by T spawn and pick off spawners, and basically you couldn't go anywhere on the map.

I appreciate that office is a different map, but this is what would happen:

Playing T:

Come out of spawn, run into the hall near the projector room and the big window that everyone rushes through to get to garage. Get instantly picked off by AWP's in the big window by CT spawn.

Or,

Rush either garage or the side hall, get mown down by the rest of the team.

Playing CT:

Hold garage, but that's slow and boring, and it would be too easy to kill the other T's and then have a large team go pick off the T AWP's.

Or, rush through to the side hall or projector room, but get picked off by AWP camper.

Either way, the teams would basically be one teams AWP vs the entire other team.

In fact, ive thought of a great idea.

UKCS: 5, office +awp, 3 stays as it is.

DarkMalfunction
Recruit Member

Player: Recessio
STEAM_0:0:52684718

Postby daimon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:47 pm

How long will it take the owners to see that more peopel want awp back. i think it`s time to turn it on

daimon

Postby daimon on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:19 pm

B1ad3 wrote:go play some awp map u clown with ur stupid awp! if activate awp, 2ppl from ct team gonna camp4life on spawn. as i remember i c u daimon few times camping near ct spawn with scout on some tree (dunno how to get there maybe some bugabuse) till the end of round. now i understand why u want awp so much.

is not bug to get up in that tree and no i just like to rush peopel who have awp :D it just make it so much harder :)

daimon

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 pm

daimon wrote:How long will it take the owners to see that more peopel want awp back. i think it`s time to turn it on

41% don't want it back on. If it were clear cut with the majority wanting it back on, then it would be a different matter.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby RMS on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 pm

As lot of players don't know how to counter an awp, awpers were just totally controlling / holding keys spots, denying rushes and it was "locking" the map in general. Also, most regular awpers used to camp in OP spots and never played for the objectives. The gameplay with awps was terrible.

I played quite a bit on this server lately and it's so much better since the awps are off, no doubt :D

RMS

Player: .Rems
STEAM_0:1:40478508

Postby EnvY1324 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:52 pm

NO! NO! NO! you have 1 or 2 AWP's on the game for each team would be so bad in game play you have ct that rush now with scouts and pop t's on the cross to the grg even with smoke cover still get tagged.

the same with T pushing side hall awping into "offices" or just at the top of side hall peeking onto main hall just not good...also with the block ON people will kill you for the awp by blocking you when you peek round

just such a bad gun i belive it to be a noobs gun "but the pros use it" but people that join the ukcs are not all pro's and if they are no wonder they get 35/5 people on the ukcs servers are not all pros at the game.

i am no pro but on a DM server i have held lower tunnels and upper tunnels with a awp and deagle by myself along with side door on dust 2 awp is a very overpowering gun in the right hands and i do see alot of good players on ukcs....to put a awp in their hands is madness xD so i would say no

EnvY1324
Recruit Member

Player: EnvY
STEAM_0:1:24879032

Postby renegade_master on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:33 pm

i originally voted yes to have 2 awps back, but having had awps off for so long if i could change my vote i would now change it to no. i like awp and used to be very good at it, but putting my personal feelings aside i think it should remain off for office.
renegade_master
Home Member

Player: Renegade_Master
STEAM_0:1:8405460

PreviousNext

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat