Server #3 inofficial rules?

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

Server #3 inofficial rules?

Postby Who Am I? on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 pm

So I was on server #3 the other day and someone was complaining about campers. I simply said "it is allowed" or something like that. Some regulars (one or two of them) said No, there is a rule against that.. I told them to check the rules, cause I know there's no rule against camping. Sure it is frowned upon by several admins, on a personal level sure.

However, these regulars claimed that a certain admin had enforced it with a rule. Not naming anyone since it shouldn't matter.

So, my question, where is this rule they speak of? I'm sure one of the office-regular-admins can give me an answer to this.

EDIT, I do know about this rule: http://forums.ukcs.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=41555#27, I guess it can be interpreted as all camping is forbidden, I don't interpret it like that.
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Re: Server #3 inofficial rules?

Postby krzje on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Camping is allowed, and is a part of the game. Wasting time is a complete different matter. If you're the last CT that is camping in spawn behind the barrels till some brave T shows up, that is not allowed.

He should be rescuing hostages, which speaks for itself.

Specially on office you see T's gathering around in the projector room "guarding" the hostages, this can be annoying if you're a ct, but then again if you don't like that at all, i suggest you try server 1 or 3.

To answer your question, no, there isn't a rule which says camping isnt allowed. :wink:

krzje
UKCS Admin

Player: rz
STEAM_0:0:48200015

Postby Who Am I? on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:29 am

To be completely honest, the situation may have been one of those where the ct takes way too much time with the objective, in that case they were right in complaining I guess. Still, there is no specific rule on server #3, issued by that specific admin, as they suggested. So I was right about that.

I kind of feel like a hypocrite talking about this though, since I tend to focus a bit too much on surviving, at times :P
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby sadist on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:32 am

CSS is a great game because you can win using a variety of tactics, not just being the best shot. Camping therefore is a viable tactic, I mean real life snipers are really camping right? For someone like me who doesn't have the best reaction times or quickest shot, ambushing as I call it is great fun. Finding a good spot to surprise people is great cus I can rack up some kills.

But if I check the scoreboard and I'm the last player, I should move it and try to find someone to kill. Then ill get killed and no one can complain that they had to wait too long for the next round!
sadist
Home Member

Player: Sadist
STEAM_0:0:3947729

Postby hagz on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:15 am

If i saw someone camping (ct) outside the back of office on 100% health i would take action. usually just a quick admin message is enough to get them moving. but no there is no rule against camping in fact camping garage is a viable tactic as if you lose garage it would be difficult to rescue the hostages.
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:30 am

Camping can be annoying, but is not against the rules in most circumstances.

There are times however when admins have at their discretion rules they could apply to help the game move along more smoothly.

I am sure you have witnessed some occasions where you have seen someone camping for no other reason than to gain points, at the expense of their own team.
These include the following.

1/ End of map where someone has either full or nearly full HP, makes no attempt to even try complete the map objectives.
2/ A player sits in one spot waiting for the ultimate moment to kill off as many opponents as possible, even at the expense of watching team mates get gunned down, just so they can carry on hiding.
3/ Someone else needs assistance but the camper will not move from a spot to help in any way, no matter what HP they have left.
4/ Won't defuse, because there may be a chance they could get killed off.

tbh I would love a mod that killed all surviving players on a loosing team :P
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat