Time for some fresh maps on UKCS 1?

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

Time for some fresh maps on UKCS 1?

Postby mavarick on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:30 pm

I can practically maneuver every map now with my eyes closed. Its time to pump fresh blood into UKCS 1. Some new maps.. get Lurky working that lazy son of a! :D

mavarick

yiltannaci

Re: Time for some fresh maps on UKCS 1?

Postby moe_guays on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:41 pm

If you have any suggestions post them HERE and I'll take a look at them :)
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: Moe
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby sadist on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:42 pm

mavarick wrote:I can practically maneuver every map now with my eyes closed. Its time to pump fresh blood into UKCS 1. Some new maps.. get Lurky working that lazy son of a! :D

Patience man :-)

Me and lurky have been working on at least a couple of maps... :-)
sadist
Map Tester

Player: Sadist
STEAM_0:0:3947729

Postby smokealot on Thu May 14, 2015 6:04 pm

definitely need not only new maps.... but good maps....i know maps i like, others will hate and vise versa!....but there is a lot of poor maps rotating on server 1*.... noticed roma was added, really great map, fast!...but have only ever seen it on in the morning, is there a reason for that?

there was a couple of maps on there some time back, can't remember names for the life of me! but elmo was on playing that day i'm sure she can remember them, there was a few who taught they where very good that day :!:

why is there a few version of Italy in rotation? really only need one! is it 3 or 4? the best one! :scratch:

i probably should have wrote down some good maps to see what use can do!

hope the future is bright with some new or the best old one are added....not the boring one's in rotation at the moment :D

smokealot
Recruit Member

Player: smokealot
STEAM_0:0:10824963

Postby moe_guays on Thu May 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Take a look on Game Banana... See if you can find the maps on there :P

why is there a few version of Italy in rotation? really only need one! is it 3 or 4? the best one! :scratch:

Smetimes there's a bomb and hostage version of the same map... not sure about Italy tho?? :)
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: Moe
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby smokealot on Fri May 15, 2015 9:35 am

old maps.......beroth beta, thc65 ,cpl mill pro, compound, nuke , train, militia, tides....something different from the rotation!

change inferno to one of the other versions...i think its set in the night...seems like a bigger version been awhile since i played!

get roma rotating...only seen it early in the morning..... night fever would be awesome if added too!

server 1 should be priority maps...... i don't think the voting system works... for map ratings anyways... most will press 1 - 3.... just to get rid of vote system! i know i do nearly every time.

as for new maps...i wouldn't know where to start....which ever ones have been added get them rotating when its busy.......

smokealot
Recruit Member

Player: smokealot
STEAM_0:0:10824963

Postby Hesh on Tue May 19, 2015 6:27 pm

More maps are desperately needed.

Mav's right, you can maneuver most of the current rotation blind, know where everyone tends to go, and where they hide.

Looking in the "Post your Pwnage" thread there are a lot of maps that were played on, and need to be revisited.

Agree with most of the ones smoke has suggested above, except some the vanilla maps, but that's only because of the bottle necks in the channels. Compound, train and tides (although love the aesthetics of tides!)
March You Pigs!!!
Ride the Spiral to the ending.
Hesh
Home Member

Player: Monster Hesh
STEAM_0:1:6530083

Postby Little_Devil on Sun May 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Its always a toss up when it comes to maps.

I enjoy new maps, as no one has an advantage of any sort, then there are the maps that only a handful of players know, but are decent.

What you do get when replacing maps are a number of things, depending on your view point.

First you have the different types of players, ranging from the die hard, one map player, to those that will only play a small range of maps they know well, to players that like to see new/less played maps.

Secondly you have maps that were intended for very small servers, that play well, but as soon as they are put on larger servers, they fail miserably. Inversely you have very large maps that were intended for a lot of players, that also fail, because they are too big and as soon as the player numbers drop, they become boring. Many maps intended for a smaller number of players, lag badly when the player count is increased and even maps that can look good, just do not play well, because of the way they were made.

Choosing maps is never easy as you need to cater for the range of player types and the varying numbers of players on the servers at any given moment in time.

The map team do work hard in not only sourcing maps, but modifying maps so they play better on UKCS.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Bruce_Lee(UK) on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:03 pm

It is would be nice, I was very surprised to see how many old school maps were still around after a 5 yr break from the game. We have 3 servers we could use one as an old school map and server 2 which is currently really quiet could be used for new and fun maps.

Server 3 could be a classic office and classic dust rotation.

Only a suggestion, but something needs to be done to revive the server popularity
U know when u've been bruced!!!
Bruce_Lee(UK)
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Bruce Lee
STEAM_0:1:8643885

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat