Map Removal

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

Map Removal

Postby RedThunder on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:58 pm

de_Prodigy, once a great map and now is a horrid wasteland. This is map which is voted by people who don't care to notice the map menu, and when it is in full swing becomes a nightmare to play 1) This map is heavily ct sided, ts can't make any advancements as cts will always be there beforehand 2) The Passageways are to narrow for any co-ordinated rushes, smoke is not useful at all on this map, 3) FF ruins the map even more due to excessive blocking. Personally This map should be removed from the rotation and i hope any Higher admins with the control of map rotation for the UKCS:CSS servers will remove this map

Cheers,
RedThunder

RedThunder
Recruit Member

Player: Eclipse
STEAM_0:0:103576490

Re: Map Removal

Postby hagz on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:48 pm

thats why i love it lol. but no seriously a great map for 6v6 max i reckon and i love it too. maybe one for #2
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby RedThunder on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm

For a smaller server, but for a 64 player servers it becomes chaotic, if its removed from UKCS #1 then it could open a new rotational slot for e.g de_beroth_beta etc or a map that is not featured on the current rotation

RedThunder

RedThunder
Recruit Member

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 am

Like all maps, unless the map coordinator ( Moe ) does not get to hear any complaints about a map, there is little that can be done.
However now you have mentioned it admins can run votes on the server, when the map is on, to determine how players feel about it.

At present the map is limited to no more than 54 players because of the size restrictions placed on players, however this could of course be reduced to accommodate players who like to play the map with fewer players.

Any comments on maximum number of players for this map would be welcome I am sure.

As Hagz said, he likes the map and so do I, but I do see your point about the blocking, which can be frustrating.

May be taking the player count down to 32 would be an idea, what do you think would be an ideal number ?
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby RedThunder on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 pm

From Personal Preference, no more than 32, obviously it being a great map, it is a map that promotes camping and frustration now this can be said about de_blitz, as it is a small, rush map but it can be easily balanced with co-ordination but as prodigy has narrow pathways, cts gain the upperhand in every situation, now as i have no control over maps, so i will leave this to the admins of UKCS

Thanks for the feedback

RedThunder,

RedThunder
Recruit Member

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat