Talk about cheating on the server

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

Talk about cheating on the server

Postby TrymZzz on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:10 am

Hi!

I figured ill register since im playing only on UKCS this days.

My question/topic is: It been a lot of talk/whining about cheating on the server lately, its one player name for the most its talk about since he was banned, then
unbanned, then banned and now unbanned again. As soon as he play, its many of the players talking about cheating and the chat is filled with how the cheat is done,
and how bad this is for UKCS ect ect. Yesterday is was said that the admins didnt have enough proof, but everyone could see that the player was cheating.

This tread is to everyone, admins and players: Its treads about how you can help the admins get the proof that is needed, and the easiest way to do this is that noone
talk about cheat in chat, but rather open the console and type "record example_cheater" and send it in to the admins.
I have a couple of records of the player, but when everyone whines about cheat and is in specc, the player start to play like his not cheating. He is looking where he should,
he even get him self killed by ppl sitting in the most obvious places just so we dont get any proof. If you all can see he is cheating, and say you think UKCS is damaged
cause his not banned. Use a round or two to rush, then record him when you die and send in as proof. If we love UKCS so mutch, we should atleast get rid of the players
"we know" cheat instead of whining in chat about admins cant do anything.

The rules should be: Noone talk about cheat in chat, maybe in teamchat if his not on team to agree record. Start a record, send in to admins and they decide if the prrof is good
enough. Ive seen this player and agree, something is wrong, you can see it on where his not looking when he gets excited (he only looks where ppl is), but since everyone
talks about it in chat, i havent got any good record of it yet!

Thx
TrymZzz

TrymZzz
Recruit Member

Player: TrymZzz
STEAM_0:1:843363

Re: Talk about cheating on the server

Postby evil elmo on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:55 am

Hi

The best way a player can help the admins on ukcs is as you have said, which is to record demo's when we cannot be on server. A lot of the players know who the admins are so it is very easy to turn hacks on and off to suit them, but this can cause tension between admins and players. Our hands are tied due to lack of evidence but without additional support from players the tears will keep on coming.

One of the server rules is that we dont allow open accusing in chat, and admins when we do enforce this rule, can at times get our heads bitten off, but we have to do our job but we cant do our job if the players dont help us to do our job, and i think at times that players forget that we are the at the end of the day normal players like them but we have a responsibility to help keep UKCS a fun and enjoyable place to play. So players have to give a little and maybe have a little more patience.
evil elmo
UKCS Vice President
Executive Admin

Player: evil elmo
STEAM_0:1:8885123

Postby hagz on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:38 pm

It is annoying thats for sure i have even kicked one or two who decided to abuse admin chat when i asked them to shut up.
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby RyanAvenged on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Agreed hagz, I've had to kick & informally warn because they're abusing others and crying hacks constantly. This is a pain, but something to deal with.
"You can't hang on to yourself. You don't have to try not to hang on to yourself. It can't be done, and that is salvation.'

Rest in peace, Tom Searle - Architects

Memento Mori

"Be mindful of death"
RyanAvenged

Player: Ryan™
STEAM_0:1:54347432

Postby hagz on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:35 pm

A kick really is the last resort tbh but as you no doubt know, when your trying to deal with 2 namechanging hackers and you got half a server shout Admin Hacker on 1 it makes life so hard sometimes you just got to.
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby TrymZzz on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:10 am

Is it many players on the Forums? Seems to be most admins answering in this tread. Lets hope they all read it.

I actually played 1 round with the player i talked about without anyone talking about cheats, and got a couple of records, one that might be good enough, but
i need more. When i rushed to die, i instead got loads of kills and didnt die, typichal... :)

Anyways... I know this can be hard on players/admin, but when the whole server is talking about cheats and the cheater you try to catch is "hidning" because of it.
Try some kicks or admin messages about the rules or get players to read forums/rules. Admins might "blow their cover", but as longs as the whole server talks about
cheat you wont get anything on the players that you want to ban anyway. The players that is obvious cheaters dont care, so this you will get even if the whole server
is crying about cheats. This is just a suggestion/my opinion, the admins do as they should/want.

Regards
TrymZzz

TrymZzz
Recruit Member

Player: TrymZzz
STEAM_0:1:843363

Postby RyanAvenged on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Well considering this is the CSS forums and you're talking about cheating and server rules, ofcourse admins are mostly going to reply! It's highly frustrating from an admin point of view, when we can be trying to spot any cheats on a player that has been reported to us via the @ function and all we see in chat and in our admin messages, is constant spam "cheat" or whatever they say. Although it may seem like we don't do anything about it, as me and hagz mentioned in our earlier posts, we've had to discipline players and still will do to players which constantly break this rule, most of our players (if not all) know the rules about spamming admins and shouting cheat around in the server chat.

With an obvious cheater, this can be dealt with in a few easy ways. If it is someone who is hiding and toggling on/off cheats, we cannot simply just ban because someone said they saw them cheat. Admins have a duty to perform on server, we do it to the best of our ability and do it with a level head.

Sometimes a personal approach to a long-term player is better than just us using our admin powers to send them a "quick" message, when we deal with issues like this, sometimes it's better to deal with a person who does this personally and get them over to your point of view, rather than theirs.
We know it's frustrating when someone is accused of hacking and totally starts hiding it, but as soon as they show it, players spam. We try to deal with it best we can, there is also reasons where for example, if you have seem something dodgy that nobody else has, report it and if there is an admin available, they will deal with it, if not PM us on the forums, we're always willing to help. :cheers:
"You can't hang on to yourself. You don't have to try not to hang on to yourself. It can't be done, and that is salvation.'

Rest in peace, Tom Searle - Architects

Memento Mori

"Be mindful of death"
RyanAvenged

Player: Ryan™
STEAM_0:1:54347432

Postby Flow'Tastix on Thu May 26, 2016 8:09 pm

This is why i stopped playing for awhile on the ukcs server, cause they can hack and not be banned, thats what i dont understand, maybe if they fixed the issue with hackers, i would like to come and play again, i never hacked before and i never will, i think its lame, but UKCS is a good server, to not let hackers just hack like no one see's.. just my opinion about this.

:|
Flow'Tastix
Recruit Member

Player: Ṁʀ. Ƞοکĸіℓℓت⁉™
STEAM_0:1:14901425

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat