Freshen up the mapcycle

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:CSS Servers

Freshen up the mapcycle

Postby nelioneil on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:39 pm

As a long time UKCS player (AKA old fart :D ) I would like to see the mapcycle to be expanded. We know that there are not too many maps made for CSS now, so I thought it could be a great time to bring back the classic maps, the ones played yonks ago.

Also because UKCS is still the best server and always is welcoming new players and growing its player base, a lot of these players would not have played these old maps such a long time ago, and it would be different. I would love to suggest the following maps be considered to be brought back to rotation (apologies if some have).

awp_subzero (maybe a fun hour?)
blahhh
cs_747_css
cs_assault_hslan_final
cs_backalley_bracket
cs_cells2
cs_chickenrun
cs_dracula
cs_harvest
cs_hurst_gold
cs_infiltratev2
cs_jailhouse
cs_jungle
cs_mansion
cs_militia_tm2
cs_office_07
cs_schweden_final
cs_siege_2010
cs_spooks_s
cs_xcom (or de_xcom)
de_alivemetal
de_blast_ed
de_church_marq2
de_clubdome_b2
de_cn_egypte
de_coldfusion
de_courthouse_final
de_dam_facility_fixed
de_deltamill2
de_dolls
de_dust_pcg
de_gristmill
de_hiekka_v3
de_icewark
de_kilo2_64
de_lochs2
de_lost2
de_losttemple2
de_middleages
de_pira_legos
de_quebec
de_rennes_v1
de_rush_v2
de_seasideresort_pro
de_star
de_sunken_temple
de_survivor_css
de_thc65
de_thematrix_11
de_villa
de_westwood_s
helms_deep_s
ka_beams (fun hour)
nippers_opus

Thank you for listening :D
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

nelioneil
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Lambda
STEAM_0:1:1115569

Re: Freshen up the mapcycle

Postby EWJ on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:15 am

Dolls!!! ❤
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Nish on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 pm

I still don't understand why pira_legos was removed. It's one of those classic maps from the UKCS servers that I remember playing on the most.

I think Star was removed due to the clunkyness of the whole T side. They really didn't stand a chance if the CT's got to their positions quickly.

What are the chances of getting de_chateau back too? One of the defaults from the game itself.
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Nish
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby evil elmo on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:20 pm

hey nish

Pira-lego is still on rotation but only in the morning, star is mainly a #2 map due to its small size and de_chateau tbh no one has asked for it to be put into rotation. I enjoyed playing a lot of the classic maps that was until valve updated the game and broke some much loved maps. I know the map team are looking into some of the classic maps so if you wish to make a post there for any maps you may wish to see back on rotation, im sure it would help them and myself a lot.
evil elmo
UKCS Vice President
Executive Admin

Player: evil elmo
STEAM_0:1:8885123

Postby evil elmo on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:22 pm

I had a quick think about it and i have removed the time restriction on pira lego, i shall let the test run for a month or so and see how players feel about the map again.
evil elmo
UKCS Vice President
Executive Admin

Postby Nish on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Oh sweet! I'll make sure to hop on to try it out. Maybe consider leaving the regular piranesi off the cycle for the duration of the month as well?
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Nish
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby nelioneil on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Any news of the above maps?
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

nelioneil
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Lambda
STEAM_0:1:1115569

Postby evil elmo on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Some of the maps listed are fun maps which are reserved for #4 only, due to the fact that you can die quite easily and if ranks are on, it would cause so many problems. So we keep some maps for the fun server. Such as : de_dolls helms_deep_s ka_beams (fun hour).

Some of the maps only come out at halloween for obvious reasons, not everyone wants to play halloween maps all year round. cs_spooks_s for example is 1 of those maps, cs_dracula was removed due to players complaints about the map and the time wasting.

Some of the maps have been broken since valve updated the game and no longer work, such as cs_jungle, cs_harvest, de_cn_egypte, de_westwood_s and others have been taken off either because of players complaining or they caused problems with the server itself, having maps on that crash the server is not good. de_clubdome_b2, de_courthouse_final, cs_schweden_final to name a few that were removed by player request.

A few of the maps listed are on rotation either on #1 or #2 but only appear at vertain times due to there size, such as middleages that is quite a small map so that comes on in the morning when there are less players. Trying to fit 64 players into a map as small as that would probably cause blocking or lag problems. And some of the maps were removed due to players getting bored or player count dropping or a glitch needing fixing.

Moe deals with the maps so maybe if you pm him, he may be able to tell you which maps may be able to come back on a trial basis or as a guestmap in the future. When removing maps from rotation although not fun is sometimes necessary and we are trying to introduce new maps. Also some of the maps on your list have been updated into a newer version so dont have their original name. Hope this helps
evil elmo
UKCS Vice President
Executive Admin

Postby Lithyº on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Some of these maps are quite interesting I personally think it would be a great idea, even though I'm not an expert of them all in terms of knowing them etc.

Lithyº
Recruit Member

STEAM_G:1:352784

Return to UKCS : CSS Server Chat