Insomnia Festival moves to Coventry

Going to a LAN event? Want to join UKCS at Insomnia events? Get the latest low down here!

Re: Insomnia Festival moves to Coventry

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:34 am

Security wrote:It doesn't surprise me MP managed to book those 121 on site rooms but at the same time that really is such a small amount with the 2k+ people attending during summer LAN, the camping space isn't big enough for that many people either as far as I seen... And since they advertised with both I am curious what they will be doing with i52 since i51 is indeed be a test run as Kaelan mentioned.

That said, apparently there's very little limit on how many people you can have in a room under the fire limit so there's no problem with airbeds etc and splitting the room cost. As far as I see that, that's a net gain for all involved.

After looking at the arena, I'm HIGHLY interested and I think they'll manage to figure it out just fine.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Neuro the Legit Samurai
STEAM_0:0:3125332

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:57 am

already have my back up plan hotel wise if I cant get in on the one on site, means not drinking most of the weekend and maybe getting a cab on the saturday night but its all good :D
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby Trell on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:59 am

Cap'n Neuro wrote:After looking at the arena, I'm HIGHLY interested and I think they'll manage to figure it out just fine.

Call me percy pessimist, but I don't for one second think its just going to be figured out fine. Regardless of how many people share, there is no way the amount of people wanting on site hotels is going to match up to the rooms spare after they put staff and exhibitioners in the rooms.

I'm very keen to see how they decide who gets to book a room.
Trell
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: sfpr.[A]kke is my waifu
STEAM_0:1:15774734

Postby re# Skilgannon on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:53 am

it will be first come first served am guessing
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby ListerofSMEG-2 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 am

I might just camp again - saves all the hassle of fighting for rooms. Looks like they are all double beds instead of some twins. makes sharing more difficult so why not just camp?
Last edited by ListerofSMEG-2 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i37 i40 i43 i45(Spec) i46 i49 i52(spec) i55
ListerofSMEG-2
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ListerofSMEG
STEAM_0:1:5418592

Postby NightStalker on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:57 am

MP's new sport? Death room, fight to the death and the last few people can either decide to share or fight till last man standing!

Broadcast around the worldwide for the entertainment of rich fools who bet on it.
NightStalker
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: NightStalker
STEAM_0:0:8782934

Postby Shuriken on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:03 pm

500 MEN ENTER! 1 MAN SLEEPS!

I WILL KILL YOU ALL!!!
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby ApacheFlame on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 pm

NightStalker wrote:MP's new sport? Death room, fight to the death and the last few people can either decide to share or fight till last man standing!

Broadcast around the worldwide for the entertainment of rich fools who bet on it.

I smell a lawsuit from the author of the 'Hunger Games' or Battle Royale coming...
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby Unspecified on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 pm

As somebody who doesn't have a car the smaller amount of on site hotels is disappointing, though i guess we've just been spoilt at Telford with so many rooms within spitting distance.

There is 1 other hotel within walking distance (~20 mins) but that's fully booked too (not sure if by multiplay). Nothing else really within walking distance.

I guess the options are: hope to book one of the onsite rooms, hope they do lay on a decent shuttle service to city centre/hotels (sounds like council might be happy to help in this area), see what the 'resting area' is like or camp (roughly in that order for me i think).

Either way, LAN should still be awesome :D
ImageUKCS Head Moderator. Retired Senior TF2 Admin.
Feel free to send me a Image or message me through Image with any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

17:43 - Salva: i did find out im not pregnant

One of the UKCS iSeries Clanbox Co-Organisers:
Unspecified
Executive Admin
Head Moderator
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: unspecified
STEAM_0:0:2326270

Postby just annoying boo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:22 pm

I don't like camping (V-Festival every year is more then enough) so will looking for a local B&B / Hotel. Happy not to drink so will have a couple of spare places in the car to play taxi.....will make my mind up by the end of this month if actually going to I51 - Will be at I52 in the summer 100%.
just annoying boo
Home Member

Player: boo
STEAM_0:1:4062232

Postby bucko on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Unspecified wrote:As somebody who doesn't have a car the smaller amount of on site hotels is disappointing, though i guess we've just been spoilt at Telford with so many rooms within spitting distance.

There is 1 other hotel within walking distance (~20 mins) but that's fully booked too (not sure if by multiplay). Nothing else really within walking distance.

I guess the options are: hope to book one of the onsite rooms, hope they do lay on a decent shuttle service to city centre/hotels (sounds like council might be happy to help in this area), see what the 'resting area' is like or camp (roughly in that order for me i think).

Either way, LAN should still be awesome :D

This is bothering me as well and the one near did not have a free cancellation policy like all the other major hotels so it put me of booking it. I really want to go i52 (summer lan) but for the price of the hotel and all the transport and everything I am tempted to just take a holiday to the S. France for a few days. Camping at Telford was pretty awful, it was a fun experience being with you guys at i49 but it just was an awful camp site (facility wise) imho and the staff pretty miserable. Really hoping I can go halves with my mate on a hotel if I get the chance.
Software test engineer.
AKA Bucko 0 |UKCS|
bucko
Home Member

Player: Bucko
STEAM_0:1:7095564

Postby Security on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:09 am

I do think that the new camping site will be allot better then the one from i49, the fact that the old security firm they used to use until Telford happened will be returning is great as they are actually capable (they have done the security stuff at Newbury and Stoneleigh in the past) and the camping site is allot closer making the facilities in the Ricoh available.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby Berath on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:04 pm

On-site hotel full within the hour
Nearby Novotel, fully booked for the Saturday night an hour later.

If that is for i51, a quieter LAN, dread to think what it will be like for i52

Sounds like they need to get their hotel booking system sorted too, according to the Multiplay site people were trying to get through constantly on a premium number that played a message and then dropped. Cost a fortune.

I'll wait and see what reports are like re. any shuttle service or the use of taxis to and from more distant hotels and then decide if i52 is a goer or not.

Berath's Brain Burps; you know it makes no sense
Berath
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: (=WDG=) Berath
STEAM_0:1:23915483

Postby EWJ on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:02 pm

If I cant get a room nearby I'll probably pass..

But wait an idea appears! any holiday rental apartments nearby.. A googling I shall go.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Dr C on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:33 pm

I was ringing like a mad man this morning. They seem to not gave a hold system so if you did not get through they hung up and you have to try again and again. Had no luck.

Only wanted the onsite hotel as i did not want to mess around with taxis or shuttle buses. or not drinking so i could drive to and from a off site hotel when ever i wanted a power nap or shower. Sleeping in a hall no thanks. In my car no thanks. camping? looks like i will pass.

I knew i should of not bought the ticket before i was certain to get a room.

Dr C
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Dr C
STEAM_0:1:14939077

Postby sweetamber92 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm

so did anyone get a room????? if so ill be using your shower
sweetamber92
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sweetamber92
STEAM_0:0:27295044

Postby Unspecified on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Note for anyone confused in this thread, the hotels that went on sale today and sold out was for i51 in April - the ones for i52 in august are not on sale yet, so don't panic just yet.

They're likely to cock a few things up the first time in the new venue that they should hopefully sort out for the big i52 :)
Feel free to send me a Image or message me through Image with any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

Unspecified
Executive Admin
Head Moderator
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby dmc25_uk on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:18 pm

so can i ask is i52 defently going to be at the same place as i51 so i can start ringing about the hotels for i52 :)

dmc25_uk
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: dave25_uk
STEAM_0:0:1684228

Postby dmc25_uk on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:55 pm

forget about my last post, just looked on google map and the nearest hotel not booked up for i52 in the summer is no where near walking distance and as i wish to drink it will be camping for me.

dmc25_uk
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: dave25_uk
STEAM_0:0:1684228

Postby Unspecified on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi Dave, yes i51 & i52 are both confirmed for the Ricoh.

I think multiplay have block booked the closest hotels for both events, so expect to see some information about i52 hotels once they release the tickets.

Unspecified
Executive Admin
Head Moderator
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Previous

Return to iSeries & LAN Events