Killing floor

Given our kin-ship with HalfLife 2, here is a separate forum to discuss anything related to HalfLife 2 and the various Mods out there (eg, Gary Mod, Zombie mod etc)

Re: Killing floor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Ive been playing the past few days! THe new maps are great! (from the Last update) Unfortunately they have ruined the SCAR, i dont know if they messed with the recoil, as its really hard to balance, standing or crouching, but the damage has been reduced. i use to be able to deal some good damage to a Scrake and FP, but cant do either now! But ow well, cant have everything!

The Mac-10 is an interesting weapon, does give firebug more of an option now. Its handy in later rounds where theres over 200 specimens as you dont need to really buy a spare flamethrower to have lying on the floor until needed.

Ive been playing medic atm, just cos i cant be bothered to do much else, and the gun is rubbish. If you dont take a headshot with it, you empty your mag into the specimen and its still standing, its a bit of a joke sometimes. Medic needs another weapon. And people wonder why they buy a crossbow aswell!

The reworked cash system was a great move! As it was always annoying for me when i put all my rounds into an FP just for someone else ot get the last shot! Means you dont have to ask from money at the end of the round which is always annoying as u dont know if ull get any!

At the end of the day, Its still as fun as it was when i first got it last year! Epic fun! :D
You think your safe, until you turn a corner i see a massive rocket heading straight for you.........what do you do???
WARNING: YOU CANNOT ESCAPE MY ROCKETS! (Big Hitting Lizard)
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Big Hitting Lizard [LSS]
STEAM_0:1:20778156

Postby Slippery Lizard on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:56 pm

So a christmas special from tripwire, has hit some problems, but more on that in a min. The special update includes

Twisted Christmas Event Details

* Runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th
* Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
* All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair
* All creatures in game replaced with Christmas themed monsters including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound
* More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements
* 13 new Christmas achievements
* Unlockable “Baddest Santa” playable character
* Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 playable character available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor
* Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as equipable items for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
* All new difficulty level beyond suicidal – Hell on Earth
* Balance improvements

The all new difficuilty looks quite interesting, should be really fun and i wonder what Balance improvements could be, change in gun power do you think?

The bad news, the patch was released to early, earlier, and therefore wasnt finished. so its been delayed, i do not know how long for, the lasted from their website:
We are sorry to inform you that the non final build of the KF Xmas update was rolled out. This was on accident due to a mis communication. It will be pulled back shortly.

In the released build perks and achievements will not work as intended, and the Linux server files were not yet complete.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the final patch is on its way still.

ALSO, theres a new DLC pack coming out aswell, with London Characters
Finally, on top of everything else, there will be a new DLC pack for you: “London’s Finest”. This brings you 4 new characters, survivors from London, fighting alongside London’s emergency services and the army, to try and stem the tide of zeds. You might have wondered what happened to the vicar from the Church in West London – well, Reverend Alberts made it out alive and is fighting to save his flock. With him comes the unlikely combination of a soccer hooligan known as “Chopper” Harris, Kevo the Chav and their new best friend, Captain Sir Richard Wiggins, 5th Baronet of Warbury, the only survivor of the guards at the Palace, still in full dress uniform. This motley crew make up a team known as “London’s Finest”, available as DLC to add on to your game, at the same time as the Twisted Christmas event.

I just hope i can find the time to play this!

EDIT, heres a preview video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uL7AHMHCWQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
You think your safe, until you turn a corner i see a massive rocket heading straight for you.........what do you do???
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby LuckyNV on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:11 pm

ok so what is the deal...

587MB patch which was wrong

another 260ish MB patch I assume undid the error.

now I'm downloading yet another 587MB patch?
LuckyNV
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: LNV IS HE MAD?!
STEAM_0:1:4677295

Postby Slippery Lizard on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:13 pm

i guess they have repatched it, over right the old files (installed earlier) and installs the new ones?!
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Previous

Return to Half Life 2, Source Mods, Steam Games