UKCS World war 1 Source Gathers

Given our kin-ship with HalfLife 2, here is a separate forum to discuss anything related to HalfLife 2 and the various Mods out there (eg, Gary Mod, Zombie mod etc)

UKCS World war 1 Source Gathers

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:43 am

Hey UKCS Predz here :)

I have been a player on this source game for about a year and its absolutley fantastic, being a DoD player i fitted right in with the setting and atmosphere of the game, and I post to you in here today to ask players to reply so we can possibly do a weekly unofficial event gather for it, to have a laugh and keep it going along :)

It has 3 classes with different dynamics allowing tactics to be used to great effectiveness, these will be explained Below :)

Light Infantry - Armed with a Bolt action Rifle and Two frag grenades, used for all frontline pushes ordered by the powers above to take positions across the battlefield in a CP Style Day of defeat game mode, the Bolt action also has a Bayonet for close quater issues that may arise, grenades can be used to clear positions, this is the most played class and if used effectivly in numbers can be the turning point of each map.

Machine Gunner - Heavy class and can only be used when prone, the MG units are responsible for long range supression across the field of battle, containing lots of Ammo the MG is a massive threat on the fields of war in ww1, however their heavy gear makes them poor at moving around therefore light infantry can easily flank MG's if they work together, at least having one Light infantry as the MG's guard is neccessary to keep the position fortified.

Officer - Only armed with a Pistol and his Binoculars the officer is responsible for calling in Gas Attacks and Artillery strikes from the 18 Pounder howitzers on the battlefield, only one officer is allowed per team therefore only experienced players should try taking on the role, protecting the officer is key as he is your main support line for heavy attacks from cannons, he is very fast but lacks strength in gun fights due to only having a handgun for his protection.

If this interests you add me on steam : PREDATORPANTS and reply to this post for interest and lets get this cooking ;)

Thanks all

Predz.
Welcome to the Battlefield...

"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: omg des is doming me "
"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: Im not having this, someone spec him"
"TC|UKCS|: Well done Predator! Brilliant work! :D" ty Mr.President

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: [L.O.G]PREDATORPANTS
STEAM_0:0:18109619

Re: UKCS World war 1 Source Gathers

Postby Mr Q on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:55 am

Sounds good! I'll prepare the Wilfred Owen poetry.

Mr Q
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Q
STEAM_0:0:4667879

Postby Kaelan002 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

It appears that this mod has gone dead due to a member of their team being a gigantic troll and then leaving with all the code for v2.0 :(

Hello all WW1: Source fans, I have some pretty sad news for you today. The last couple of weeks we've had alot of problems regarding the team. People have left, taking their work with them, and in the end, we almost have no work, and no people to continue working on the mod.Thats why, as you may have understood, the mod is today announced dead. It has been a really good time as long as it lasted, seeing both old and new players enjoying our mod. We would like to thank all the players, and the realism units for supporting us all the time.

If you read on basically their HUD coder (potteh) left and took all the code for the new version with him :L . Something which he appears to have done before with other mods too.
Here is a conversation he had with another member (the boss?) of the dev team, shows how much of an arsehole+troll he is.

Edit: found version 1.13b (the one made before the one their coder ran off with)
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary, those that don't, and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.

[video =373,150]http://a.pomf.se/ixefrf.webm[/video] Now shhhh Kaelan... OOOOOOH
pomf.se is ded. :'(
Kaelan002
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Kae
STEAM_0:1:29878923

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:33 pm

You can still server for it however, therefore games can still be played it wouldnt hurt to have a few matches a week now would it?;)

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Kaelan002 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I tried version 1.13 and i know its a beta but its just terrible:
the maps just end with a invisble wall followed by a hole
nearly all the weapons clip into something
the machine gun just doesnt work as i cant go prone!
there are loads of hills and steps you can get up even though you are meant to
etc.

What version have you got, are we even talking about the same game? :?
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary, those that don't, and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.

[video =373,150]http://a.pomf.se/ixefrf.webm[/video] Now shhhh Kaelan... OOOOOOH
pomf.se is ded. :'(
Kaelan002
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Kae
STEAM_0:1:29878923

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 pm

kaelan002 wrote:I tried version 1.13 and i know its a beta but its just terrible:
the maps just end with a invisble wall followed by a hole
nearly all the weapons clip into something
the machine gun just doesnt work as i cant go prone!
there are loads of hills and steps you can get up even though you are meant to
etc.

What version have you got, are we even talking about the same game? :?

Works fine for me, prone is easy aha! :L and I had some good matches with MrQ last night so nooo Its still there and it plays fine ;) im not sure if we are on the same page here :L !?

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Return to Half Life 2, Source Mods, Steam Games