Steam in general

Given our kin-ship with HalfLife 2, here is a separate forum to discuss anything related to HalfLife 2 and the various Mods out there (eg, Gary Mod, Zombie mod etc)

Steam in general

Postby heuji on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:50 pm

having been away from Steam for a while i have come back to getting lots of random player friend invites. i always check their profile, and, if hidden/private, or devoid of a UKCS tag, i instantly reject. common sense, really. just it is happening so frequently from Steam level 1's with hidden profiles (usually a comedy/cartoon Gaben profile pic or similar). i'm guessing they're clearly scams/scammers of some sort, but, what's it all about?
also, what are people doing to avoid getting all these sort of invites? i'm on about 1 or 2 a day, almost. i don't want to go private/block all for trading and other reasons. is it just a case of dealing with it?
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Re: Steam in general

Postby hagz on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:29 pm

not sure you can do anything to avoid them I get sometimes 8-10 in a day then nothing for two weeks. seems to me your doing the obvious thing. usually if you add them they will try and trade with you and give you some crappy excuse about high latency stopping them trading directly over steam so they send you the link to a dodgy inventory/market page.
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby Slavechild on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:38 pm

I don't get many and most of my profile is private, think that may be part of why I don't get them too often.
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby heuji on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:12 am

hagz wrote:not sure you can do anything to avoid them I get sometimes 8-10 in a day then nothing for two weeks.

it's irritating. you'd think steam would do something. a simple block invites from level 1 steam users would be good. i mean, you get steam level 2 easy enough...
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Return to Half Life 2, Source Mods, Steam Games