Stuttering

Given our kin-ship with HalfLife 2, here is a separate forum to discuss anything related to HalfLife 2 and the various Mods out there (eg, Gary Mod, Zombie mod etc)

Postby GazNET on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:00 pm

The heap size should be around half your total memory, so yours it fine as it is. :)

If you have 1Gb RAM, though, I recommend changing it for HL2, CS:S and HL2:DM. I've just played CS: Source with a bigger heap size and it rocks! To do so simply add "-heapsize 524288" (without the quotes) to the Launch Options of each game. :D
Sector Clear!
www.gaznet.com
GazNET
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: GazNET
STEAM_0:0:2825642

Postby itchy 'n' snitchy on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:38 am

i had MAJOR stuttering try and run a registry cleanup tool, really does work :D
itchy 'n' snitchy
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Cerwym
STEAM_0:1:7668043

Postby GazNET on Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:16 pm

I have loads of those sorts of tools. I recently did a clean install, but that didn't solve the problem either. Besides, after presenting them with irrefutable evidence recently, I finally got Valve to admit it is a Source problem:

"Yes, we are currently investigating this problem. Obviously this isn't a problem for everyone, but there's probably nothing you can do to your machine to fix it either. You are correct in that it's the sound that seems to be causing the stuttering. Hopefully there will be a real fix for this released shortly."
Sector Clear!
www.gaznet.com
GazNET
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: GazNET
STEAM_0:0:2825642

Previous

Return to Half Life 2, Source Mods, Steam Games