am i the only 1

Given our kin-ship with HalfLife 2, here is a separate forum to discuss anything related to HalfLife 2 and the various Mods out there (eg, Gary Mod, Zombie mod etc)

Postby Elmer the Fudd on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:50 pm

I thought HL2 was great, I was on track for finishing it within maybe a few weeks. Just playing here and there. Then a friend told me i had to try CSS so i thought i would give it a go and thats what stopped me finishing it :cry:
Elmer the Fudd
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Elmer
STEAM_0:1:6215187

Postby OHMYGODIMONFIRE on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:55 pm

i thought hl2 was amazing when i played it the first time. after reading lots of posts by people saying the boat/buggy sections were boring i had a wee think about why they thought that. when i played hl2, i didn't go slowly. the boat chase part took only about 20-30 mins as i just sped through (as i imagine thats how gordon would travel through that part. trying to outrun the combine) the same with the buggy section, although that was a bit longer and a little tedious. i did find some of the more enjoyable parts of the game came after the buggy section. the pace of the game really picked up too and the story started to kick in a lot more.

however, i finished it and then thought i would try this "cs thingy" you get with hl2. only been back to hl2 twice and tbh i only get about 3 chapters through and i'm bored. in retrospect i think hl2 had the wow factor with how impressive it looked (my gf commented on how real it looked)

i'm with you though jp, it has no hold for me. i'm looking forward to getting my hands on cod2, i've played through the demo many times on veteren. looking forward to the challenge.

OMG

p.s. i never (and still haven't) played hl1 so i'm not a valve fanboy.

p.p.s doom 3 was too dark for its own good. they should have just made the walls black :?
OHMYGODIMONFIRE
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: OHMYGODIMONFIRE
STEAM_0:0:4850231

Postby Elmer the Fudd on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:02 pm

OHMYGODIMONFIRE wrote:p.s. i never (and still haven't) played hl1 so i'm not a valve fanboy.

You are missing out then HL was truly amazing and held my attention better than HL2 did, but i still blame that on css, also i thought doom 3 was pretty fun. I wouldnt buy it i only played it at a friends but it was a laugh.
Elmer the Fudd
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Elmer
STEAM_0:1:6215187

Postby MisterMushroom on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:24 pm

Ehm! I never ever used cheats before finishing a game, I did on quake 1 and it was ruined! And tried smod, still no challenge! Come on valve your games are too easy! lol :P
Image Image

<3 wr allways
MisterMushroom
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Pengwen
STEAM_0:1:8744574

Postby ßÔñžØ ~ Ģuinness™ on Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:17 pm

I thought HL2 was great, I was on track for finishing it within maybe a few weeks. Just playing here and there. Then a friend told me i had to try CSS so i thought i would give it a go and thats what stopped me finishing it

It's my fault you havn't finished HL2? :lol: :P

ßÔñžØ ~ Ģuinness™

Player: BonzoG
STEAM_0:0:4574703

Postby PinkFloyd on Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:57 pm

*sry for 2nd bumb*

never looked in this section on forum before :roll:

and well i didnt even play HL2 for about 2 months after i got it hahah just got it only so i could play CSS lol

i think its the most boring game ever and didnt even to the end of the 1st part i found it tht crap
PinkFloyd
Home Member

STEAM_0:1:7555971

Postby MisterMushroom on Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:29 pm

Ugh If i try to play HL2 story again, I just couldn't be bothered, even in smod! :shock:

Hurry up valve with Aftermath, its delayed again I bet! :evil:
Image Image

<3 wr allways
MisterMushroom
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Pengwen
STEAM_0:1:8744574

Previous

Return to Half Life 2, Source Mods, Steam Games