[PC Moba] Dota 2

Discussion of Valve's upcoming Action RTS game DOTA 2

Re: [PC Moba] Dota 2

Postby Shuriken on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:50 pm

D: Entire team should be charged with indecent assault
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Flare on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Woah, talk about varying difficulty ... one match the enemy team barely know how to get out of the fountain area... next match my opponents are tearing me a new one.
Wasnt much fun... it was Storm 'here I am' pulling me back, Riki and his smoke ensuring I cant do a thing and death... or Spirit Breaker bash bash bash bash bash ..oh you werent planning on doing anything were you ?
It wasnt like I was wondering around the jungle solo or anything... in the middle of my team and the enemy team target my Jakiro each time .( guess they didnt like my Macro -> Dual breathe -> Ice Path combo I smacked them with and let Sniper get 4 of them one team fight. )

My abilities werent firing off so well, or I am so used to smart casting in LoL when I press a ability I expect it to fire off... not have my hero stand there looking at me like I am stupid or something ... YES I FUCKING WANT TO SPIT DUAL BREATH NOW, I AM SURE, YES I WANT TO CONTINUE... is this a Microsoft thing ?
The sheer number of disables in the game are horrific, and if the numbers the heroes have werent enough... the shop provides about 50 more, and developers wonder why BKB is so popular.

... actually my biggest issue at the moment is the mana control, I was basically tossed in mid again ( AFTER I bought the courier ) so ended in mid with 6 tangos , 1 salve , 2 clarities , and a branch... and spent most of my lane phase OOM despite taking Molten Fire to harrass for free, I simply couldnt get a single proc on the VS opponent I had ( the creeps in Dota are MUCH more aggressive than those in LoL, I so much as click to attack and the enemy creeps are all over me before my hero has actually done the attack... basically giving the enemy free harrass ).

Any tips on what to buy to get my mana more controllable ? I usually look for a Voidstone to get some good regen going... should I look maybe to a bottle if I end up mid, and fight for rune control ( couldnt get one this time as I bought the donkey, last match no one bought and I need to get used to using it ).
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Aceo on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Don't spam skills and get a bottle with first 600 you farm up in mid. Mana control really isn't a big issue in DoTA.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby Aceo on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm

For the most part Jakiro doesn't fit in very well at the moment. The amount of highly mobile champions currently in use just stop him being incredibly useful. There are longer or more reliable stuns and better damage elsewhere.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Wizav on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:01 pm

The dota2 key match is this weekend right? can someone list the details

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Salva on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:14 pm

dont know if its happening wiz, there was meant to be a page made and an announcement and what not, it may be delayed.
Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Postby Wizav on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm

We should get a team sorted out again and join some leagues and have some proper matches, that last one was fun even though we got completely stomped. I think we'd do pretty well with some practice and few matches.

Pub games are really starting to piss me off it's either getting completely stomped or completely stomping, good even games where either team could win happen once in a blue moon, valves match making system is complete shite.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby TheKrumpet on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 pm

i7 920 @ 4GHz / ASUS P6TD X58 / 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 / Gainward Phantom GTX570 / Corsair HX650W
Titan Fenrir / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB / Cooler Master HAF 922 / Dell U2412M / HP w2007v
TheKrumpet
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Krumpet @ i49 BS-D4
STEAM_0:0:32223044

Postby Wizav on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 pm

If the key match is delayed let's get a team sorted for that and kick some ass :twisted:

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Flare on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:02 pm

*sigh* Thats DOTA2 , had a bad game as Witch Doctor trying to support a Ursa who took no regen items and started with boots versus a Lich and Weaver. Ursa charges in loses most of his health, I blow my mana pool healing the useless sod ... and he charges back in , and takes a crapload of damage and I use up the last of my mana tossing out the stun.
Didnt enjoy that game at all, I know Witch Doctor is a support but he seems to lack anything active to do when he gets in trouble... toss out the bouncing stun, hit heal and leg it... Maledict didnt seem too effective, least I was dead each time I got that close... and the ulti seems to be a waste, a ward that shoots at heros but is channeled and you need to stand pretty close to the ward to channel it... and nothing stops the enemy from walking away, or killing you instantly.
I couldnt rely on my teammates... Ursa was on his own most of the time, he had boots of speed , Vlads and a Sange... our Zeus, was only after his Ulti... had a refresher and arc boots... Pudge and Riki werent too bad but not enough.
That match lasted 40 odd minutes of slowly getting the fun sucked out of you.

Next match I went Lion! He at least can do something if the enemy comes for you... like the silly Skeleton King who got too brave near my unattended tower...so I ran in and SPIKE!! A few auto attacks and the tower damage done him in for a easy kill , I caught Morph out and Spiked + Hexed him so I had a tonne of time to right click him down.
Wierdest one was walking up to mid, saw the tail end of a Dragon Slave so I walked up to Lina , Spiked then hexed before she got cute, then gave her the ol finger... was having fun, then the enemy team disconnected.
That match lasted 13 mins :cry:

... win loss , 4 wins 3 losses so far... I so noob :lol:
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Aceo on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Hmm, I had a really good Witch Doctor game a couple days back if you look at my history. I was practically carrying, so, if you want, you could go through my match history and give that a quick watch.
He's really quite a good support, a solid amount of stun and maledict which can cause a ton of damage so long as it lands and damage is done to those it's on.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Revolving Ocelot on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm

That's Revolving. Absolutely nothing to do with Metal Gear Solid, and everything to do with rotary felines.
Revolving Ocelot
Home Member

Player: Revolving Ocelot
STEAM_0:0:11402139

Postby Shuriken on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 pm

You can't call yourself dotas worst player Ocelot, at least not until you've seen me play lol
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby MittinsKittens on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Revolving Ocelot wrote:That's Revolving. Absolutely nothing to do with Metal Gear Solid, and everything to do with rotary felines.

Same difference, just ones a crazy gunman and the other is a crazy feline.
MittinsKittens
UKCS Sponsor
Official Pie Watcher
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: MittinsKittens ♥
STEAM_0:0:16655903

Postby Trell on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 am

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/04/dota- ... #more-1259

Some super crazy icon changes! Mekanism, Force Staff, as well as MKB and some other weird changes :P
Trell
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: sfpr.[A]kke is my waifu
STEAM_0:1:15774734

Postby Trell on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:23 am

[09:21] <Trell|> Dentist/Kharne any news on dota 2 at i46
[09:22] <@Dentist> Trell|: we'll probably do it
Trell
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby MittinsKittens on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 am

Sweet. Time to actually get good and to learn tri-lanes,side pulling and other funky stuff.
MittinsKittens
UKCS Sponsor
Official Pie Watcher
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: MittinsKittens ♥
STEAM_0:0:16655903

Postby Wizav on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

Yeah let's learn some lineups, the metagame will probably change alot before i46 though if more heroes get added

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am

Got literally no obligations that don't concern gaming right now so I'm finally going to plough some time into games, this being one of them :D

Trell hit me up with the knowledge bomb that is reddit, after half hour of reading I already know half a dozen things I was doing wrong already lol. Would appreciate some hand holding over the weekend if anyone is up for carrying me through a couple of games <3

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Trell on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 am

Wizav wrote:Yeah let's learn some lineups, the metagame will probably change alot before i46 though if more heroes get added

Sand King with veil + Invoker + Enigma please
Trell
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

PreviousNext

Return to Dota 2