Trash talking - No im trying to make a point!

Forum for discussing Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Trash talking - No im trying to make a point!

Postby Crovax on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi Guys

(bit of a long one this, so im sorry haha)

First time UKCS forum poster, long time CS and UKCS public server player, formally Source now the excellent CS:GO....really loving the game so far, the Steam Forum trolls were wrong thankfully imo! Anyway I felt compelled to post tonight after a minute ago on UKCS GO #1.

Here's the scene, some guy is hoggin the mic, acutally sod it, his name was Quantative Teasing, (nice name actually). Anyway I went about my business playing the game and headshotting some noobs ;) joke. But from the instant I join, this guy is asking everyone their rates and such saying for example "Oh your not using old CS:Source rates, jesus no wonder your score is so high!" he said to some guy with 10-5 score.....this immediately ticks me off but I say nothing.

We play a little more and now he's going on about how CS:GO is apparently WAY easier to hack now, compared to Source. I'm thinking Source was hardly difficult to hack, I'm not sure you could get more easy than easy?...... I let it go again anyway...

But It starts to become clear that this guy challenges people in the server who have a slightly positive score......hes not so obvious to outright accuse someone but he does it in a sly way....another one of his quotes to an admittedly decent score 29-5 "You should give this up and make millions at CS if your "that good"......ggrrrr!!!!

I wouldnt mind if he was saying this in a slightly positve way, but everything he's saying is isinsinuating that someone has an unfair advantage, hence their good score. Infact he was insinuating that hacking was RIFE in CS:GO. So I decide I cant take this, I'm going to challenge / educate this guy!!!

One of my arguments and this sounds big headed I know, but please dont take it that way. If hacking was RIFE how come I normally top my team each map, and I dont hack one little bit? I got no response and I know it sounds cheeky but the point is strong.

Predictably it ends up in a bit of a war me typing, and him on the mic (unfair battle already hehe)... ugly swear words are exhanged and it ends after a while. I actually made a mistake during the argument, that made me look silly (annoyingly) where I misheard some of his bull****, but generally speaking I was 100% justified to stand up to his tosh......even more annoyingly some dude pipes up on his side - THE INJUSTICE OF IT ALL!!! :twisted: haha

Now I know that many of you are probably reading this and thinking, just ignore him, but you know what this guy was so clear in his convictions that I thought not this time buddy, no, im not going to do that when someone is clearly not cheating and is just playing well. You may have guessed that I have an agenda in this and I do.....

I would consider myself a pretty decent player (sounds big headed right, but I'm not particularly proud of myself but its a fact) and as a result I am often top of the server, many times I have a score in the region of 29-5 for example. Come the end of the month though I usualy average 2.15 kpd at the end of it, alright, but I know I can do better.....but it is extremely annoying when you get the odd person who comes on and says your cheating in some way, especially so if they bang on about it!

I know in life your always going to get someone trying to knock you if your doing well at something, its probably jealousy, or lack of experience (predictably this guy in question could barely get more kills than deaths) thats always the way, but I say stand upto them and defend yourself, and others if you know the person in question isnt hacking. If you cant tell then fair enough, but I can tell you now I know and you probably do as well when there is a hacker on, and it isnt very often. To me they stand out like a sore thumb, it might be that ive played the game too long but I can tell 100% if someone is hacking or if someone if just skilled.

I remember as a 1.6 player I was in a clan, and we was in the Enemy Down premier league table.....we were good, and we would beat most teams.....but there were some who would make us look so poor it was laughable, we could barely take a round off them. I used to think how can they be that good, how is it possible, they must cheat!!.....then we played a couple of these guys at a LAN and they did it live of course....we saw in person that some people are just that good. Once we realised this we became better ourselves, because we accepted the facts and worked harder!

Its because of examples like the above that I thought I would do the guy a favour, and make him realise that good players do exsist, it didnt work out well but I think you should tell people the cold hard truth sometimes.

By the way I know this is just a game, and its something you shouldnt get worked up over, but annoying I love this game and when you get people who talk like they know what they are talking about its annoying......so annoying you put up a post about it! I hope that some of you after reading will stick up for my fellow skilled players out there, but I doubt it, especially if they keep headshotting you!

Thanks for reading......cue the classic type replys "this guy needs a whisky" and "this guy needs a girlfriend" .....to which I reply I have had a whisky tonight, and my gf is calling me to "finnish playing on the computer!"

Cheers

Crovax

Crovax
Recruit Member

STEAM_1:1:14919422

Re: Trash talking - No im trying to make a point!

Postby Ger-h on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 pm

i got one thing to say that must have took a long time to write.fair play to you :D
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby Crovax on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 pm

haha thanks, yeah it did actually

after tpying though I went back on the server to hear the saem dude accusing someone lol

hes probably an ok guy, just he doesnt understand cs or cant stand losing.....

Crovax
Recruit Member

STEAM_1:1:14919422

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 am

I understand your point of view from a perspective as we also have these kinds of people over DoD Source...
The only thing i can say is, wait for the game to be fully established with UKCS Network and control so admin authority can be set in motion to construct a less hostile "Bitchy :roll: " Playerbase.

But good read, made some fine points indeed! 8)
Welcome to the Battlefield...

"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: omg des is doming me "
"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: Im not having this, someone spec him"
"TC|UKCS|: Well done Predator! Brilliant work! :D" ty Mr.President

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: солдат001
STEAM_0:0:18109619

Postby re# Skilgannon on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 am

well written and I feel your pain!

this is why I avoid any game that has the words "counter strike" in them ;)
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby NightStalker on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:31 am

tl;dr There is a guy that just can't take dying?

I assume this is what your post is about?
NightStalker
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: NightStalker
STEAM_0:0:8782934

Postby Cass0 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:50 am

nah this guy loves the sound of his own voice i've heard him, covax has a solid point here.

Cass0
Old Timer

Player: Cass0
STEAM_0:0:296845

Postby cowboyfromhell on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:39 am

Sorry to hear of your issues, mate. :(

As Predator has mentioned, we are currently in the very early stages with the game and only basic server controls are currently available to us. Rest assured that in time, though, the servers will have the same great atmosphere on them that the rest of the UKCS games do. :)
Senior Forum Moderator, CS:GO Admin, ex-TF2 & CSS Admin
Add me to Steam Friends if you need a hand. :)
Use the UKCS Uploader for your pictures, it's free for members!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Xerxes wrote:Worst. Senior. Mod. Eva.
cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Player: Cowboy
STEAM_0:1:10068175

Postby KAL-EL on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Im guilty of having a moan i try not to but i cant help it sometimes :) Least im honest in saying so. Im better than i used to be lol. My moans are not dying but the injustice of the game lol.
Im not the only one to have a moan when killed etc. Anybody that says different is talking s**t.

The main problem on the GO servers is threres not enough warnings going up etc, or not enough eveidence of admins being present. The problem atm is people butting in on other peoples convos ie when im in team chat and people ask questions about the reg or the damage i reply and forget to press teamchat. Then the nosey planks that dont know the convo butt in and moan at you for thinking your moaning lol.

Loads of keyboard warriors trolling on the go servers. Think when admins are more present and when they can message people like the source servers the better. But TC is working all hours getting a new one sorted for GO. :cheers:
KAL-EL
UKCS Sponsor

Player: KAL-EL
STEAM_0:1:3164594

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

KAL-EL wrote:Im guilty of having a moan i try not to but i cant help it sometimes :) Least im honest in saying so. Im better than i used to be lol. My moans are not dying but the injustice of the game lol.
Im not the only one to have a moan when killed etc. Anybody that says different is talking s**t.

The main problem on the GO servers is threres not enough warnings going up etc, or not enough eveidence of admins being present. The problem atm is people butting in on other peoples convos ie when im in team chat and people ask questions about the reg or the damage i reply and forget to press teamchat. Then the nosey planks that dont know the convo butt in and moan at you for thinking your moaning lol.

Loads of keyboard warriors trolling on the go servers. Think when admins are more present and when they can message people like the source servers the better. But TC is working all hours getting a new one sorted for GO. :cheers:

As stated, wait for permanent UKCS Establishment, GO is young and new, patience players just keep relaxed and calm, developments are soon incoming im sure as UKCS shall deliver you the playing experience you expect :)
Welcome to the Battlefield...

"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: omg des is doming me "
"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: Im not having this, someone spec him"
"TC|UKCS|: Well done Predator! Brilliant work! :D" ty Mr.President

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: солдат001
STEAM_0:0:18109619

Postby Supashadow on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 am

I have noticed it many times playing GO, but somebody invented a nice button called mute. :lol:
Supashadow
UKCS Sponsor

Player: CSB! o_O
STEAM_0:0:3661472

Postby EWJ on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 am

Aye as Supa said.. just mute him..
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Blaze on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Skimmed it, I understand where you're coming from.

This is why whenever I'm on a UKCS server, I play with voice_enable 0, just makes everything much easier.
Blaze
UKCS Sponsor

Player: blazey
STEAM_0:1:22040076

Postby Mr Tortoise on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 pm

but lots of hackers in go ... join a dm server for an hour i bet a hacker joins and goes 100-1 ;p

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Return to UKCS : CS:GO Server Chat