Server status

Forum for discussing Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Server status

Postby Thandrior on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 am

A few thoughts on the server-status.

- The map rotation is not optimal. I only feel de_dust2 is playable atm in competitive mode. All the other maps everyone immediately goes CT and ppl with a slow computer like myself ends up on T-side every single time. I noticed Dreamhack@valencia didn't use a single official map for their competition.
- Spectator glow / Full spectator .. let us spectate our own team only.
- Any reasons for the 3 second lock-out in the beginning of the match? Rushing tactics might work better if it was only 1-2 secs or none at all.
- I'd like server #2 to be a 16-man or 24-man server for a more tactical game. Both servers are only ever full in the evening. That's just me.

Join in with your opinion on server improvements.

Thandrior

Player: Thandrior
STEAM_0:0:956233

Re: Server status

Postby Seraphina on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 pm

You know, while I seem to play a lot better with less people on the server, I really wouldn't want #2 limited to less than 24 people. To be honest to me and others I've talked to #1 is the more competitive server. People are a lot more serious there, there's more flaming, whining and swearing there from what I've been able to see and #2 is much more fun most of the time.
Why not leave one server for the competitive players and one for those who play for fun more than their scores?
Except for adding some more custom maps (scoutzknivez ftw), restricting on AWP and Auto Sniper and maybe a way to make joining teams more balanced (I usually end up on T as well because I Auto Select ;)), I'd hope #2 doesn't get changed too much.

With #1 you can do what you want, just defending my home server :P
You've had your last regrets, reached your final depths, deepest pits.
Stepped aside for the world to pass you by, chose to leave the fear.
You are stuck in a world of deadlocks...
Seraphina
Home Member

Player: Seraphina
STEAM_0:1:8420977

Postby S.O.Sniper on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Except for adding some more custom maps (scoutzknivez ftw), restricting on AWP and Auto Sniper and maybe a way to make joining teams more balanced (I usually end up on T as well because I Auto Select ), I'd hope #2 doesn't get changed too much.

I find all this vital. I don't play much atm - the large number of awps/auto-snipes combined with the team stacking just makes for an unfun time for those who don't teamstack and spend 2/3 as Ts getting worked. One weekend I spent several hours playing and was CT twice via autoing.
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby cowboyfromhell on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Patience guys and girls! :)

Maps - We (the admins) had an initial look at a huge number last night and will be trying to organise public tests of the successful candidates in the near future.

Other points - These will be dealt with as and when the UKCSMod is ready, but TC is very busy and does this in his own time and so may take a while. Rest assured though, everything is being worked on and all ideas are considered for when we do finalise the server configurations.
Senior Forum Moderator, CS:GO Admin, ex-TF2 & CSS Admin
Add me to Steam Friends if you need a hand. :)
Use the UKCS Uploader for your pictures, it's free for members!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Xerxes wrote:Worst. Senior. Mod. Eva.
cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Player: Cowboy
STEAM_0:1:10068175

Postby Dauntless on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 pm

cowboyfromhell wrote:Patience guys and girls! :)

Maps - We (the admins) had an initial look at a huge number last night and will be trying to organise public tests of the successful candidates in the near future.

Other points - These will be dealt with as and when the UKCSMod is ready, but TC is very busy and does this in his own time and so may take a while. Rest assured though, everything is being worked on and all ideas are considered for when we do finalise the server configurations.

Thanks for the update, we all appreciate the work that TC and the rest of you guys put in to ensure our time in the community is up to the excellent standard it usually is.

And Sera, I'll sign the petition to keep #2 as it is, the maps and teams don't matter as much when your having so much fun with the regulars on the server.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Seraphina on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 pm

No worries, I'm patient (surprising myself there actually), I know it's coming one day and I can live with the way it works until then. If I couldn't, I wouldn't play here ;)
You've had your last regrets, reached your final depths, deepest pits.
Stepped aside for the world to pass you by, chose to leave the fear.
You are stuck in a world of deadlocks...
Seraphina
Home Member

Player: Seraphina
STEAM_0:1:8420977

Return to UKCS : CS:GO Server Chat