Well... convince me!

Forum for discussing Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Well... convince me!

Postby Security on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 pm

I have been a dedicated CS:S players many years ago and I just bought CS:GO, what are the main reasons for me to start dominating Office (;)) and many more area's again? Of course I shall be a master noob once again at the start, but what is everybody's specially at which I should set my goals at to dominate? Please let me know and motivate me to play this wonderful game!
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Re: Well... convince me!

Postby Dauntless on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Better late than never!

What I love about the game is how different everything feels to CS:S. From the sounds, the way guns feel and the skins.
As the game is still relatively new there are not a lot of decent maps out there but they are coming. The maps that are out there are either improved versions of classic maps or altered versions for better or worse of CS/CS:S community made maps. Some great new ones but as I said, still plenty of decent looking ones in development.

There is no UKCS mod at the moment, as always though, our beloved TC is working hard to sort that. The game has completely different coding to the other CS games which is a bit of a pain. Thats not to say some of the standard features are not up and running, we have vote maps etc. and a great bunch of admins always around. :P

There is a solid group of regulars now on the UKCS server. I'm sure this will grow over time. Each server has the classic maps and some tested new maps. All which are fun and challenging.

Valve themselves are developing new (i'll try and find the extract to back this up) and improving existing maps. Nuke recently had a refurbishment.

Worth giving it a go during prime time, would be good to have you there!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Re: Well... convince me!

Postby Security on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:19 pm

:D
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security