Still a source game, still has blank bullet mags.

Forum for discussing Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Still a source game, still has blank bullet mags.

Postby Flare on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 am

I just dont get it...

BF 3 , fire a burst at a enemy at his chest or head.... hit markers , damage done and kills taken.
CoD BO II : Fire a burst at the enemy head / chest , hit markers , damage done ...kills taken.

Source games, including this CS:GO , 3 - 4 bursts with a Famas on burst mode at targets chest = 1 hit 6 damage ?!? Where the hell is the rest of the bullets going...worse, where can you hit aiming at the chest and do 6 damage ?
Enemy sprays with AK and does 136 damage with 1 hit ?
I feel more likely to hit with a pistol closing my eyes and mashing the bloody fire button.

Look I know I aint a CS pro or a FPS pro, or a gaming pro...but for crying out loud I can aim at a still standing target and put 3 bursts in that targets chest so why does the game only claim 1 hit and 6 damage...where the fuck do you have to hit to get that amount ?
Only source games (good FPS, good ping)
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Re: Still a source game, still has blank bullet mags.

Postby Security on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Well since damage scales down with range and kevlar but in this case you should have been pretty far away from the guy.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby Flare on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 am

Was playing the Dust maps, random server (UKCS ones were empty) at 45 ms ping, I got to about 5 - 8 m of a target with the Famas set to burst mode and the target was looking down an corridor when I opened fire.
I rapidly fired 3 - 4 bursts at the target who responded by spraying his AK in my direction, I died he lived and the game claimed I hit the target 1 hit for 6 dmg, he hit me 1 hit for 136 dmg (could be off with the 136, bad memory).

Now if I was trying to pick him off at long range, no problem thats my fault for taking pot shots outside my personal optimal range instead of getting in to a better position before firing.
If we had both bumped into each other and surprised each other, no problem I aint the fastest reaction gamer by a long shot.
If I had lost the exchange but did say 80 or something dmg in 4 - 5 shots , no problem least I dished out some pain...

... but to get told I fired something like 12 bullets at a still standing target at 5 - 8 m , and hit once for scratch damage... thats where I got a problem.
It only happens with source games, any hitscan weapon seems to just not register hits... CS:S , DoD:S and even TF 2 with the none projectile weapons, even the Heavy a lot of the bullets simply didnt register.
I havent had the same problem with any other engine... BF 3 I was able to drop targets with a accurate burst or two getting headshots quiet often, in Blops II PC I have no issue with hitting a target with an AR (ADS and a quick controlled burst to the head and you can even beat the laser sight SMG most of the time).
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Security on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 pm

The Famas on GO has a massive spread problem (yes even on burst) as well as being a low damage weapon making it pretty much worthless or so I have been reading. :P
It is no surprise that you only hit the man once when you know that but as how you did 6 HP damage I do not know.

If you have this problem with all Source based games you might want to check out your lerp settings etc. as they effect hitboxes in a big way.
This post is about L4D but as it goes through the basics etc. it is a good place to start reading. :)

Edit: Found a video where they also show the hitboxes which shows the delay they can move with:

Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Return to UKCS : CS:GO Server Chat