UKCS CSGO Plans

Forum for discussing Counter Strike: Global Offensive

UKCS CSGO Plans

Postby Synaphix on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Good evening,

I thought I would make a post regarding the servers and changes that will be happening over the following weeks. To start with, I am going to be getting the servers configured again with new map rotations on one of the servers and using a vanilla map rotation for the other. I will just say before we get further into this that it is a basis to work from and we hope to bring the community into the decisions to grow and expand on the server setup and map rotations going forward too.

A goal which we will be working on besides the map rotation will be the introduction of new in-game posters, MOTD changes, steam group information and events. We will aim to bring the community into these decisions too and aim to work on the introduction of regular events such as tournaments and a fun map server on specific days. We also plan to setup a map testing team where we can fix bugs, make adjustments to maps and more but information will be posted on this in the coming week.

One of the things that we will be looking towards is also bringing an admin team of old and new as time goes on to maintain the servers and training them up to make the servers and enjoyable place. Whilst you are free to apply to be an admin at the moment, applications will be looked at in the coming week(s) when things have been configured and more stable.

I think this briefly touches on the plan that we have going forward for the UKCS CSGO servers and will be working on bringing this back to a lively state. If you have any questions feel free to reply to the thread or send me an inbox and I will respond when I can.

- UKCS CSGO Team
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Re: UKCS CSGO Plans

Postby EWJ on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:14 pm

:cheers:
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby daggsy on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:14 pm

:cheers: Sexy times!!! :)
UKCS Old Timer

Gazzy |UKCS|
----------------------------------
daggsy
UKCS Admin

Player: Gazzy
STEAM_0:0:86543893

Postby Nish on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Looking forward to this! :D
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Image Image
Nish
Admin Cadet
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby Dauntless on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Looking forward to the fun and seeing everyone back where they belong at home on UKCS GO.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Synaphix on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 am

Just an update.

I have redone the config file for both servers, these are still receiving tweaks but should be fine. In regards to CSGO #2 this is no longer a Dust2 server and has custom maps, however, it will default to Dust2 until I adjust the startup once I have finished tweaking but the vote should only come up with new maps after this.

CSGO #1 Rotation - These are vanilla maps which I added a few more into the current rotation we had as well as applied a new config file.

CSGO #2 Rotation - These are maps we have put into rotation for now, feel free to test them, make comments or suggest maps in the map section or by replying to this thread.

Plans

- I am looking to bring more CSGO servers in the future which will bring (permitting we can accomodate these) surf, zombie and a dust2 server.
- Posters / MOTD will be redesigned and added within the next week.
- Map team post to be added.
- Events to be brought up for discussion and introduced on a monthly basis.
- Map test event will be posted properly in the coming week.

I'll add more if I see anything, this is just an update on progress so far.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby Shuriken on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 am

Nice to see some progress here, I just started playing again. Shoot you all soon <3
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Synaphix on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Well, after issues with the TV/Broadband provider, I need to wait until 28th to get my internet connected. I am using the wifi from previous tenant which should work until then they have said but its a poor connection so I won't be on until the end of the month however, in the meantime I am going to do a lot of work on the servers and then do an official relaunch within two weeks time with map tests, event and such!

You can of course poke me on Steam if needed for anything!
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Return to UKCS : CS:GO Server Chat