Which maps should be removed??

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Which maps should be removed??

Postby WaitNBleeD on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:14 pm

Ok, over the past couple of days, it's been brought to my attention that there are quite a number of maps in the rotation that people aren't really enjoying.

All I would like people to do is list the maps in current rotation, that we'd like to see the back of for a while.

For one, I see such maps as facility, spooks, blahhh as total waste's of playing time, as i'd much rather spend some time on a more constructive map like office or prodigy so I can keep my brain focused.

For me, switching from a map like cs_office, to a map like spooks is totally stupid, as it ruins the continuity of everyones game and often ends up a waste of time, as people don't play them proper anyway. Most of the time t's are killing themselves in the house just to help pass the time until the next map.

So, it's over to you, the general ukcs public, to see if we can make a couple of changes.

I understand that some people will whine by saying that there aren't enough maps in rotation as it is, but at the end of the day, I know i'd rather brush up my skills on a map that I KNOW i'll be playing a clan match on at some point in the future, rather than tossing about on a "fun" map that everyone hates.

And we can always get em stuck back in the rotation later on, but by then we'll probably have a whole new bunch of maps to experiment on anyway :D
WaitNBleeD
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Piefinger
STEAM_0:1:542294

Postby Bullets on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:33 pm

cs_mansion
awp_subzero
de_aztec (If you don't get on the CT's when the maps start you'll never win a round)
Bullets for the Deaf|UKCS|
Bullets
Map Seeker

Player: Carlos the Brave
STEAM_0:1:3225421

Postby Cobra on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:35 pm

Not true about Aztec, if the T's stick together and work well first off...they will win. But they need to rush.

Cobra
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Cobra^Trinity
STEAM_0:0:2543793

Postby Bullets on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:45 pm

Yes Cobra that is true, but they Never do :( So therefore i still thing it should be taken off. (i also know it never will. Just my opinion).
Bullets for the Deaf|UKCS|
Bullets
Map Seeker

Player: Carlos the Brave
STEAM_0:1:3225421

Postby Diamond Geezer on Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:36 pm

Hi guys hope everyone had a good christmas and new year. I really hate the map where you only get snipers rifles and its all white. sorry for knowing map name. :wink:

Diamond Geezer
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Plums
STEAM_0:1:5358821

Postby ChowRiit on Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:09 pm

cs_mansion - its boring and lame, and all the terrorists just go hide in the dark little room. Most people seem to hate this map, and I'm one of them.

cs_twilight needs a lower player limit, 40 players, MAYBE 50 max, as it is as soon as it starts getting full half the server gets unplayable lag until 2/3 of the players are dead.

spooks isnt great, it gets dull pretty fast. Blahhhh however i still enjoy, we should have ONE fun map in the cycle, and it should definately be blahhh.

I still think chateau is a laggy waste of space, but all the high end system guys are still going "well if your PC cant handle it its your problem", so I suspect I can't win this one.

Edit: oh yes, how could I forget docks. I HATE this map. It's boring, bland, and has a bunch of annoying bugs...
Last edited by ChowRiit on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my Computer Security or Webcomics threads! :)
ChowRiit
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:0:4566834

Postby SpaZ [UK] on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:27 am

Spooks / lost its appeal
Blah / same as spooks
nm castle / blocking is a big issue on this map

Rest im pleased with
SpaZ [UK]
UKCS Life Sponsor

STEAM_0:1:4567232

Postby Death on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:19 am

spooks - bpring

Castle - dull and repetitive

other map forgot name before or after castle but its exactly same, basicaly tc we need these maps shuffled round bit coz css lost its seriousness with some maps, some are nice change etc.
Mr. T and Chuck Norris once encountered each other on a lonesome British path. Before the inevitable battle could begin, the earth shit itself and created Scotland.

Death
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: bo$$m4n
STEAM_0:1:2896568

Postby rocket_Magnet on Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:00 am

castle : blocking and z axis combat in css doesnt work very well in such a small space

facility: long corridors problems with spawns and just god awful :)

rocket_Magnet
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:1:309520

Postby CATCHERAL on Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:29 am

mansion i think is just boring. the T's camp in the darkness. and i was playing a couple of times on that map and the t's all buy nv and turn the lights off and the only a few ct have nv and the rest just get pooned.
CATCHERAL
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Catcheral
STEAM_0:1:4317924

Postby -={Cpt.Darling}=- on Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:56 am

spooks - i could probably take a few more weeks of it but its no classic
Blaahhh - i still like and is pretty even
castle - same as spooks
baraneyeck - totally shite map. Not that it looks terrible or has blocking issues like other maps it just isnt very good at all. Pretty 1 sided too.

NOW in to the big league

Twighlight - U must be insane if u enjoy the 58 man block fest that is twighlight. Ive seen the rounds end in 1 minute cos all ts r cramped together easy for the kill. nades hit ur own men and kill u all the time. ppl stand in the way all the time. the hallways r too tight and even facility with even smaller hallways pisses on this shite map. If anything had to go it would be this map(only because i know prodigy wont be removed).

Prodigy - might as well state my case. which simply reads DULL CAMP DULL CAMP DULL CAMP. campiest map ive ever played. I used to despise dust and have been banned from servers on 1.6 for going on about it, but thats only because they didnt have prodigy on server. Can none of u remeber that prodigy was on hardly any servers cos its totally shite? well well well well well well dull. Its alright for say kuma who doesnt use his legs throughout whole maps but if u rush ur in for an hour wait waiting for all the campers to die. DULL DULL DULL

Docks - docks is also very dull. I have occasionally had fun on it but lets face it its lay out is proper dull. too many ladders to be camped above of. The biggest factor of docks is the fact that its almost impossible to rescue hossies. Infact i think it is impossible. I have spent so many rounds trying to get the hossies out of friggin building but they wont shift. Therefore making it a very very bad map. All it takes is 1 t to camp for ever(and u cant find really boring bastards on this map) and the cts lose.

I like even maps with an even amount of rushing and camping. All out camper maps r the worst bar the blocking maps obviously. TBH just get rid of twighlight or reduce number of men
LONG LIVE THE HIP!!!

HiPPeH HiPPeH ShaKe!!!
-={Cpt.Darling}=-
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Twitch on Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:02 am

People really didnt like Castle tonight. Almost everyone wanted to skip the map.
Twitch
Home Member

Player: PaulHudson
STEAM_0:1:1906120

Postby Death on Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:55 am

TC or bullets however decides what amps we have,

please remove castle and baraneyc or whatever them 2 maps the same and very dull, this not only my opinion every1 hates it, just let u know i dont know 1 person who likes it!

yes we want custom maps but honestly every asks for them to be skiped etc and they sorting to get really dull, just wondered if you can consider these 2 maps?

thanks
Mr. T and Chuck Norris once encountered each other on a lonesome British path. Before the inevitable battle could begin, the earth shit itself and created Scotland.

Death
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby RUSH on Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:14 am

I have an Idea why not have a type of voting system where 5 mins before end of map you can vote to skip the next map on rotation but you would not be able to put custom maps on rotation next to each other so you would skip custom map and move onto standard map not like skip custom map and land on another custom map
Knife Kills: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
RUSH
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:1:5522569

Postby Cobra on Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:19 am

TC is going to work on a map vote system for source soon. I'm not sure about the ins and outs of it, I'm sure he'll fill us in near implementation time.

Cobra
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Cobra^Trinity
STEAM_0:0:2543793

Postby PaLaDiN! on Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:15 pm

SpaZ [UK] wrote:Spooks / lost its appeal
Blah / same as spooks
nm castle / blocking is a big issue on this map

Rest im pleased with

would say the same BUT docks and facility can get moved too...
facility is just crap, way too much junk on the floor :s and sinds its not a 100% same as the old version it's even worse :D
And docks well, it was a great map in previous CS versions (specialy in my old days I miss u beta 4 :D ) but the current version sux... laggy doors etc

PaLaDiN!
UKCS Sponsor

Player: PaLaDiN!
STEAM_0:1:98964

Postby Death on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:09 pm

castle remove please,

this map is just not source, blocking and gay,

every1 hates it nd they constantly moan ingame

please remove it will not be missed and its thoguhts of EVERYONE!

i will take any abuse etc for its removal but i doubt they will be any!

also can we seperate spooks and blahhh as they very similar map!

peace

Death
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby gandy on Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:18 am

Second what death says about castle and the complaints.

gandy
VP (Retired)

Player: gandy
STEAM_0:1:5083494

Postby ChowRiit on Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:42 am

I know its not technically moving a map, but could you shuffle the cycle a bit? Maybe change the order every week or two? It'd be nice to have a different order every now and then, rather than always playing x after y after z, etc.
Visit my Computer Security or Webcomics threads! :)
ChowRiit
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:0:4566834

These are the worst ever

Postby KAL-EL on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:40 pm

blahhh_s
cs_spooks_s
de_nmcastle_s

Got to be the most pointless maps ever made, no tatics no skill, just wastes time, normally we all play fast furious rounds these maps are taking the full time limits per round.

Please bin these UKCS server has a good name dont ruin it with shitty pointless maps.

Nuff said
KAL-EL
UKCS Sponsor

Player: KAL-EL
STEAM_0:1:3164594

Next

Return to Maps : CSS