New Map Suggestions

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Re: New Map Suggestions

Postby jihn on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Lionheart wrote:
FaviousM wrote:Was trying to think of this map while playing on the server the other day, finally found it

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/10525

de_spirits

Used to be on VIA, which is how I know of it. Remember it being fun back in the day :)

According to the weblink, it has a maximum player size of 40 which would be problematic for us ? Depends really why it was limited at 40 players as according to the reviews, it is pretty huge.

Might be possible if we were to have a maximum player limit put onto the map, but from experience, people hate that a map that changes half way through just because 2 extra players have joined the server!

Also the same for de_roma_aimstyle & cannot find the maximum player limit for de_beroth at first glance

Spirits was run on UKCS #1 for a good while, it was however scrapped due to lack of popularity. Part of this was because of performance and bad bottlenecks. It does have some potential if it was remapped for performance and a little boost on looks.
"The rover batteries have 18kwh of juice. The oxygenator alone uses 44.1kwh per sol. See my problem?
You know what? "Kilowatt-hours per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name.
One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything.. um...I suck at this ... oh FK it. I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".
All told, the Big Three need 69.9pn, most of that going to the Oxygenator and Atmospheric regulator."
-Mark Watney 'The Martian'
If you want something done, select a busy person‚ for the other kind has no time. - based on Elbert Hubbard
jihn

Player: uSayItBstWhnUSAYntn@all
STEAM_0:0:159716

Postby moe_guays on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:53 pm

mg_hold_your_balance

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/113805

"Both sides spawn on the opposite direction of eachother. Aim of the map is to kill the other team. This can be done by either knifing, nading, awp-ing or with the platforms you balance on."

This would make a perfect addition for #4 (fun server).

Needs testing first (on #5), doesn't work with bots :(
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: Moe's Brewery
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby keeley on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:57 pm

de_losttemple2 was great :)
"Jammy Dodger : your bullets are like steel kisses raining down upon me"
keeley
Recruit Member

Player: vrrrrr keeley.
STEAM_0:1:65153277

Postby B1ad3 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:40 am

hi what do you think about de_beroth, de_autumn, de_frost, de_nighthawk_pro, de_resistance_v2, de_season, de_sunnyday?

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Player: B1ad3&UebekeParty
STEAM_0:1:39310341

Postby moe_guays on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:17 am

For all you Minecraft fans out there

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/175015

minecraft V1

Again this map would probably only suit #4 :)
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: Moe's Brewery
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby Who Am I? on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 pm

I got a little nostalgic so I want to see de_middleages http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/7286 and de_rush http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/19321 again :)
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby EWJ on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:21 am

We had Dolls on the server a week or two back and from what I seen it was well received.. Also didn't appear to have any lag issues and there were 64 people on.

So please can we have Dolls back on rotation.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby lockwyn on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:59 am

Who Am I? wrote:I got a little nostalgic so I want to see de_middleages http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/7286 and de_rush http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/19321 again :)

Good choices wai ;)
sitting at a distance, like vultures on the attack, I rise
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. -Christopher Hitchens
lockwyn
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: byleiptr
STEAM_0:1:5617232

Postby Franek on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:03 am

Dools and de_rush sound awesome,

Can we play anymore CS GO maps on ukcs css servers?

And on evening hrs. to could play aritricity or parthenon <3 bluecorridor, piranesi, thc65 and any map with bomb sites that is not so many rage routes onto it
Franek
UKCS Sponsor

Player: zip
STEAM_0:0:30633306

Postby Lionheart on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:00 pm

mg_hold_your_balance has a gravity problem as explained on admin thread so no immediate plans to put that onto #4 Moe (you know, but for other peoples benefit I said it here :P )

Will be testing de_rush & de_dust2002 on the test server soon & , if no problems, will be testing on #1 over the next day or two :)

As for CS GO maps, could you post here or PM me a specific map link from gamebanana that you would like to see on the servers?
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby BreeZe on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:30 am

id still recommend you guys have a look at de_roma_aimstyle

Think it would be brilliant for server 1, it was a great experience on VIA back in the days, very high paced map like desert atrocity and parthenon.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby Luunde on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:22 am

Hey guys. I used to play on VIA quite alot, and yeah, the roma_aimstyle map as breeze is saying was alot of fun. Great rush map!!

de_Forest
Was alot of fun hiding behind trees and stuff. Id love to see that on #1 / #2.. Think it will be a good experience http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/35559

de_beroth_beta

This map shoulde definatly be put on the server. This map is AWSOME http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/10923

de_gallery

Id love to see this map on also http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/15896

Piiiiz out :)

Luunde
Recruit Member

Player: Luunde
STEAM_0:1:12029502

Postby Lionheart on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 pm

All 4 of the above maps have been on the server / tested at some point in the past - will look into why they aren't on rotation anymore :)

Afraid de_rush had some problems although de_dust2002 can be tested further in case anyone was wondering with what happened to those.
Lionheart
Home Member

Postby A Killer Potato on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:45 am

The problems with de_rush_v2 just after the engine update were fixed by Valve some time shortly after the map was taken off rotation. I've played on a few servers that have it on rotation, it could go through testing again though just to make sure?

Taking some of Rapids suggestions from #4 maps, maybe add some of those to #2? de_contra has been played heavily in the competitive scene and personally love it.

de_vegas_lite was previously on rotation but removed, the same as de_losttemple2. Both of these could be re-added to rotation (not to replace de_losttemple_pro mind).

de_season is another competitive map I've seen on a few servers, it worked fairly well on them.
I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Compile log wrote:Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."
A Killer Potato
Home Member

Player: Espurr
STEAM_0:1:10838190

Postby Lionheart on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:11 pm

De_losttemple2 is on #1 , and since not all prefer that version, #2 has been the alternative de_losttemple_pro (Having two versions on one server at a time isn't really ideal).

De_rush used to have minimum/maximum player limits and I have been informed it would still be rather problematic to play (& would not be played during busy periods anyway)

In better news: De_roma_aimstyle has problems although I have sent a PM to Lurky, who has kindly sent me a *hopefully* fixed version of this map now - and I will include this in an upcoming maptest.

De_forest has console issues hence can't be on the servers.

De_gallery can be tested in an upcoming map test but there appears to have been a problem with it in the past, no idea what though so will re-test to see if there are any outstanding issues with the map.

Will also re-test de_beroth_beta.

Will check why we aren't playing de_contra / de_vegas_lite

We played "de_season_sdcss40_v3" during a map event recently & that went down well, so will test for long-term rotation suitablity.
Lionheart
Home Member

Postby A Killer Potato on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Lionheart wrote:De_rush used to have minimum/maximum player limits and I have been informed it would still be rather problematic to play (& would not be played during busy periods anyway)

What do you mean? I've played on this map on other servers with no problems whatsoever, with 30+ players. How long ago were these player limits?
I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Compile log wrote:Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."
A Killer Potato
Home Member

Player: Espurr
STEAM_0:1:10838190

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Too few players, and we got player complaints about the map being one sided, Far too easy for T to win. However when we had it on the servers, with full server numbers, we had many complaining of bad lag. Players get bored of some maps after a period of time, and are only willing to put up with minor lag, anything else becomes boring with players leaving the servers.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Who Am I? on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 pm

What, are you really talking about de_rush LD? I thought it was an actual well-balanced map! Any team could win. I say give it a try again, like Tato said.

What about de_middleages that I suggested earlier? I'm sure it was one-team-biased, but I'd like to get some input on that :) That map really takes me back, to the way too long nights on UKCS with the night people.
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby Little_Devil on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind giving de_rush_v2 a trial as a guest map, and I would imagine that initially players would like it, as long as the lag problems were no longer evident.

I liked de_middleages, and thought it was a fun map to play, but then again I also liked quite a few of the old maps. :)
Problem is that Valve brings out an update, and the maps suddenly start to lag, fall out of favour, and are then removed, never to be tried again.

Maybe you could ask mrsRapidbyte if she will give them a test run, to get some feedback. :)

I used to run an old maps night, just to see which maps were still lagging and if they were still as unpopular, but haven't done that for a while now. Maybe we should have an event and run some suggested maps, but I digress and that is for a different thread to this. :D

Edit : put de_rush_v2 on #2 for a trial period
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby MrsRapidByte on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Little_Devil wrote:Maybe you could ask mrsRapidbyte if she will give them a test run, to get some feedback. :)

Great News there will now be a Classic Map Night to be held Monthly on Server #4 at 8pm :D

More information about the event can be found here.

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Player: Lady Luck
STEAM_0:0:5400643

PreviousNext

Return to Maps : CSS