de_blitz1_ukcs_b1

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

de_blitz1_ukcs_b1

Postby LurkyUK on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:39 am

http://files.ukcs.net/11739/de_blitz1_ukcs_b1.zip

OK so as this map was never made for server 1 I've gone back to it as it's become quite a common map on there. It got good feedback at the map test last night but for those who wern't there here are the main changes:

Made an extra set of stairs out of T spawn to both make it easier for Ts to get out, and help the CTs get the spawn campers if it comes down to that.

Marked the bombsites clearer so hopefully there will be less confusion at B. You can also plant in that little enclosed bit by the door at B so you have more cover.

Made a load of hallways and doorways slightly wider.

I've changed the dynamic of the inside/upstairs route to B. Before some CTs spawned really close and were able to take the inside over pretty easy. It's almost 100% going to the Ts now unless CTs push in numbers. The CTs can still get downstairs to B 1st but it should be harder for them to hold it off, which should make the map more interesting.

Changed the route to A a bit, as it was very hard for Ts to get into the final building as 3 or 4 CTs would camp the doorway.

There are now 64 spawn points (46 on the other version) so it should be less crowded at the start.

Last edited by LurkyUK on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Re: de_blitz_ukcs_b1

Postby keeley on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:57 pm

this one is good 2!!
"Jammy Dodger : your bullets are like steel kisses raining down upon me"
keeley
Recruit Member

Player: vrrrrr keeley.
STEAM_0:1:65153277

Re: de_blitz1_ukcs_b1

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 am

In general this new version should make it a lot easier to plant at B and just be more fun in general :) Feedback and ideas very welcome

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Postby BreeZe on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 pm

The pile of wooden logs outside T spawn is easy to get stuck in, if you jump on top of it near where it makes contact with the door.

Dont even need to be pushed by a teammate, you can get stuck by crouching there.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby LurkyUK on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 am

BreeZe wrote:The pile of wooden logs outside T spawn is easy to get stuck in, if you jump on top of it near where it makes contact with the door.

Dont even need to be pushed by a teammate, you can get stuck by crouching there.

Thank you I've fixed it for the final version but I suggest you stay clear of it for now :)

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Return to Maps : CSS