cs_aurora_b4 by LaBello

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

cs_aurora_b4 by LaBello

Postby LurkyUK on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 pm

http://files.ukcs.net/11739/cs_aurora_b4.zip

Hey guys this is a map made by a guy called LaBello. It's full of custom content and really stands out as a great looking custom map. It's a hostage map set in an earth-like sci-fi environment, combining long range and close quarter combat. Zipped up it's 74Mb (due to all the custom textures/models/sounds) so it shouldn't take much longer then the dust cs:go maps to download. I'm pretty confident that the layout/size will be appropriate for this server and I've had my hands on it to optimise the hell out of it to get a great frame rate for us :D

Last edited by LurkyUK on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

LurkyUK
Home Member

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Re: cs_aurora_b1 by LaBello

Postby astro on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 am

Looks interesting but whats it going to be like for people who have issues with fps ? Looks beasty though at any rate =)
astro
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: A*-
STEAM_0:1:9537458

Postby LurkyUK on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Well I spent about 10 hours optimising it and I'm pretty confident it will run smoothly with us all on there :) Give it a go yourself and let me know the results

LurkyUK
Home Member

Postby Nish on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Ah, this looks awesome, will have to test it out!
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Image Image
Nish
Admin Cadet
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby Lionheart on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 pm

We will map test this as soon as humanly possible :D
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby lockwyn on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Looks nice!
sitting at a distance, like vultures on the attack, I rise
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. -Christopher Hitchens
lockwyn
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: byleiptr
STEAM_0:1:5617232

Postby Lionheart on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:20 am

Any other feedback guys? The main problem seems to be a long download time, although this only happens once obviously per map version.

Any other comments about it would be greatly appreciated :)
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby Raving Nightmare on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Once I downloaded the map, it worked like a charm the second and third time etc.. The map looks really clean and pretty simple to navigate. One thing I could use less of is the many stairs. Other than that, it looks quite nice.

Raving Nightmare
Recruit Member

Player: WOW BOB WOW
STEAM_0:0:15520606

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Updated the 1st post with the latest version. Work has been done on the doorways to make it easier for the player, and more importantly the hostages, to go through. two of the stairs in the main building have been merged together to simplify movement in that area and to a fix a hostage navigation problem. Labello has done a great job and it's all based on your feedback so thanks a lot guys

LurkyUK
Home Member

Postby B1ad3 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:47 am

cool but dont forget to do something with voting. its a new map so ppl maybe wont vote for it. i c u do a great work by creating all this maps but i cant understand when they gonna be played? everytime i try to play server runs same shit classic maps especially in the morning. so for me its like half a day server runs some classic maps (and some maps i really hate like pyramid). so u guys have alot of new maps but i can play 5-10 hours a day and new maps play like 1 time per half a day. i mostly see office (wtf office doing on server 1 and 2 if u have office only server?), piranesi, dust2, italy, cbble, piramid, losttemple, inferno_orig (this inferno is a joke its an old inferno but just time of the day is night). i still hope one day i wake up and server will run all new maps one by one without this stupid voting. i understand u guys love ur classic maps and gonna play for 10 more years (or more) on them but why dont u make classic only maps server (or even dust2 only, cos as i can see alot of ppl love this map) im sure this server will be full cos looks like ppl really dont care what map to play, so why is Lurky wasting his time on new maps if ppl still vore classic maps? tbh if i was a Lurky and spend my time for maps and watch ppl play on classic maps instead of my maps i would be really sad.

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Player: B1ad3&UebekeParty
STEAM_0:1:39310341

Re: cs_aurora_b4 by LaBello

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 am

Apart from the 2 CTs spawning inside each other are there any other bugs you've noticed or any suggestions?

LurkyUK
Home Member

Postby astro on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 pm

not a fan of this map, the access to upper level is extremely difficult and the entrances cause choke points which just result in camping .... such a shame because the map looks nice and fps seems quite stable.
astro
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: A*-
STEAM_0:1:9537458

Postby Little_Devil on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 am

B1ad3 wrote:cool but dont forget to do something with voting. its a new map so ppl maybe wont vote for it. i c u do a great work by creating all this maps but i cant understand when they gonna be played? everytime i try to play server runs same shit classic maps especially in the morning. so for me its like half a day server runs some classic maps (and some maps i really hate like pyramid). so u guys have alot of new maps but i can play 5-10 hours a day and new maps play like 1 time per half a day. i mostly see office (wtf office doing on server 1 and 2 if u have office only server?), piranesi, dust2, italy, cbble, piramid, losttemple, inferno_orig (this inferno is a joke its an old inferno but just time of the day is night). i still hope one day i wake up and server will run all new maps one by one without this stupid voting. i understand u guys love ur classic maps and gonna play for 10 more years (or more) on them but why dont u make classic only maps server (or even dust2 only, cos as i can see alot of ppl love this map) im sure this server will be full cos looks like ppl really dont care what map to play, so why is Lurky wasting his time on new maps if ppl still vore classic maps? tbh if i was a Lurky and spend my time for maps and watch ppl play on classic maps instead of my maps i would be really sad.

Servers and bandwidth don't appear out of thin air at will, there is a cost involved :)

Between the hours of 2 AM and 11 AM a set selection of classic maps are on, after which the server flips onto the voted selection list. This came about because we had quite a number of players moaning about map choices, particularly with overnight and early morning players, asking why the more classic maps like the original Italy and Office were not to be seen.
Voting on the server looks at which maps the players on the server have a preference for, so if someone is stupid enough to incorrectly rate a map highly in the first place, that map will come up on the vote for them. The voting system is controlled by the players at any moment in time, with the map choices being derived from the map rating of the players on the server at that time.

There are no classic maps on server #1 between 11AM and 2AM except for a spattering of guest maps which are not on regularly.

You need to refrain from making wild statements, and concentrate on the main topic of a thread. without getting side tracked into other issues you have.
This reply is for information purposes only and does not constitute as an answer to the thread topic
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Little_Devil on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:33 am

This map does look good, and apart from the long download, in general bugs that the players have reported about have been fixed.

Players enjoy the novelty of any new map, and as such we usually have to wait a short while before grievances if any are aired by many. We always get one or two that will gripe about imperfections in any map :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to Maps : CSS