Embark on a cobble project?

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Embark on a cobble project?

Postby LurkyUK on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:03 pm

As cobble is a boring as hell stalemate with 60 players I was thinking about a ukcs extension to it with everyones input. What would you do to make de_cbble better? Or should I just leave your damn maps alone lol

My ideas?
obviously add an extension to B as the one path there now us just impossible to get through.
remove the sniper points at T spawn to encourage attacking behavior. The two sniper windows above the underpass have a view of nothing and are pointless.
Extend the middle sniper points to look over A/CT spawn so the attacking team have some more options.

sample mock up: http://files.ukcs.net/11739/de_cbble_ukcs_a2.zip

cbble is a very simple map to edit so things can be added/taken away very quickly

Last edited by LurkyUK on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

LurkyUK
Home Member

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Re: Embark on a cobble project?

Postby Azzy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:12 pm

I for one would love to see a de_cbble improvement. It's a map that I love on 5v5 and to some extents on public, however as you've mentioned, with 60 players it becomes a bit of a bore at times.
I believe we have seen a version improvement attempt a few years ago at least but that had issues.

I like the changes you've made.

Having the middle window a two way option is really good. What I would like to see, is the door in connector opened up as a corridor into the middle section and then the door opened near the T side of side hall as a corridor into middle. This would give any T's that are able to take that area an option to push into the connector and push either bomb site. CT would no longer sit in the middle until the bomb has been planted as it's not just 1 door way watching them.

The 2 windows near T spawn, in my opinion are pointless and the room also as the way the map is played on our server, it is rare the CT get to that location of the map for the T to camp there (unless the T's are camping there for no reason already). If this was made into a corridor as another route to the B tunnels then that would be good.
The taller window in the same location should be removed in my opinion, it's often used as a hiding spot for the last 1 or 2 for the last 30 seconds of the round.

I feel there needs to be a corridor pushing to the back of B, as once you're at the bomb site, you are stuck if planted when CT are shooting from connector.

The changes above may not just encourage rushing, but I feel would rely on more people sitting in the bomb sites as it would be more achievable to plant as a T and defend as a CT.

I need to play the original on the server to picture what the new changes could improve but also if there is anything else. As depending on how the skill balance works, sometimes it's fun as CT and sometimes it's fun as T.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Use the UKCS Uploader to upload images/files.
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Player: Azzy
STEAM_0:1:7114108

Postby Azzy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Also, if T's have an extra route into B, the CT don't have a lot of cover getting to the bombsite. I think timing wise, unless the T's get good spawns they should be ok but I'm not sure.

On that note, having some extra spawn points nearer the B corridor for Ts would encourage a B rush, again though this may cause a timing issue.

Maybe others have a similar or better thought on improvement.

(I just keep thinking of ways to try and help the map play better than just a more often than not stalemate)
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Postby LurkyUK on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 am

I like the ideas so far. Having a corridor from the middle to connector is something that sounds like it could work. If Ts do well and press it they can then go left and attack the CT's at B from behind or go right and get them at A from the side.

I've removed a load of those chairs on the floor as we all know the physics don't work properly on css

LurkyUK
Home Member

Postby LurkyUK on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:53 am

OK so I added a path from Ts left side hall by B leading to the connector. Either team will get a huge advantage should they push it. I've made a bit of a bottle neck at one point in there so loads of players can't rush it and completely change the gameplay. I've adjusted the boxes in the connector so that the CTs have a bit of cover in there too. That what you were thinking of Azzy?

Here is the link for the map: http://files.ukcs.net/11739/de_cbble_ukcs_a2.zip
Please check it out and leave more feedback. What else can be changed to improve it?

LurkyUK
Home Member

Postby Azzy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I'll take a look tonight when I get in from work.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Postby EWJ on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm

My feelings on this .. Cbble is still bad... cts still camp the windows ann T's now just rush B.. also the widht of the doors from the ct spawns is a troll paradise.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby LurkyUK on Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

Azzy can you draw up an overview or something of that bit you want added to the back of B please, as I can't get a picture in my head as to what you want.
The map is a bit crazy at the moment with everyone wanting to take that new path from the connector bit but hopefully player distribution will even out over time.

LurkyUK
Home Member

Postby EWJ on Thu May 23, 2013 7:01 pm

idea!

can we get a corridor to connect from the left into thw window area? just a thought. :)
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Azzy on Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Sorry Lurks, been afk quite a bit, trying to buy a house and it's not as straight forward as one would hope.

Played 2 rounds yesterday on this and on initial look, it looks good.
The passage to connector from B tunnels was a surprise and I see what you mean about a lot of people pushing it.

My initial idea however, was to go from Side hall near T spawn. See the red lines for rough route.
http://images.ukcs.net/11533/Screenshot ... _13_19.png

I've also used the blue and red line for possibles to get to the back of B.

I would like to play the map a bit more with the current changes to see how it plays. Will try and get on this week.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Postby EWJ on Thu May 30, 2013 2:31 pm

excellent. :cheers: the connector onto the new corridor into the ct to ct spawn to Bombsite B.
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Return to Maps : CSS