cs_cargo_b3

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

cs_cargo_b3

Postby Lionheart on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:45 pm

This is a totally new map, that was first tested during the map event last Sunday.

Made by Lurky, it's a container / port hostage map. It is not currently live on any of the the server & we will test it a few more times & would like to hear some feedback if you see it around :)

Screenshots:

Last edited by Lionheart on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Re: cs_cargo_b1

Postby Mr.Ger on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:48 pm

At first sight it seems to me a perfect map! Good work!

Mr.Ger
UKCS Admin

Player: ☠ Mr.Ger..::NL::..
STEAM_0:1:10294196

Re: cs_cargo_b2

Postby phich on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 pm

first few plays folks complained it was a CT map
then Ts started getting it sussed...

another compaint was it was too small, but seemed every bit as big as say Italy

keep it in for now is waht I'd say...
/usr/bin/loonie
phich

Postby EWJ on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:26 am

Very easy for cts to get to hossies. str8 up and over the containers..smoke rush grab hossies and back out again... seen it done in 30 seconds..Imo it would be more balanced if terrorists had a way to counterattack over the containers.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby LurkyUK on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 am

The idea is that it's meant to be quite easy to get to the hostages, but then the CTs can't go back the same way as the hostages can't get back on those containers. I'm sure once more people get the hang of the level the Ts will do a better job of getting around another route and into the CT spawn to stop them getting back with the hossies so easy.

Also I don't know which version you played but _b2 has a cement pallet next to the hostages so the odd T can be boosted up onto those containers to surprise them :) and the invisible wall to stop you falling in the water was wrong on _b1, it bounced grenades back so it was easier to smoke. Now it you throw a grenade it will go into the water which will help the Ts at hostages

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Postby Lionheart on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Yes we did play the _b2 version yesterday and I will be putting it on a couple more times to hopefully attract as much feedback here as possible. Although, admittedly, it's very hard for us to say definitively whether a map such as this is perfectly balanced until the majority of the players on the server know the map (Whilst they are learning, the balance changes massively even per round).

Hence expect to see it put on a few more times :)

Regarding the cement pallets near the hostages, I haven't seen anyone boost people up there, maybe make it so you can jump up there without a boost at all from another player? Or would that unbalance it too much
Lionheart
Home Member

Postby B1ad3 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm

guys new maps are really good. but please can you somehow remove classic maps or put all classic maps to server #3. there are alot of nice map but everytime i try to play i see only cbble, office, piranesi and other classic maps.

B1ad3
Recruit Member

Player: B1ad3&UebekeParty
STEAM_0:1:39310341

Postby LurkyUK on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm

I had just finished playing Formula 1 and saw that you had it on Lion, perfect timing :)

I see what you mean about the hostages being easy to nade by mistake. I put them so close to each other and the container behind them so that the Ts couldn't camp in between them causing the CTs to shoot them by mistake. I do think people were shooting them on purpose though once it was mentioned so I can't see it always being that bad.

People were mentioning the size of it, it's pretty much the same size as parthenon so I think it's big enough to support 64 players. you agree?

B1ad3 just vote the maps you like highly and the ones you don't low, then they'll be less likely to come on when you are on the server

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Put it on #2 on a trial basis.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby astro on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 pm

inside the buildings you can easily see the enemy behind the "racks" however you can't shoot them and visa versa meaning that the entrance is a bit of a bottle neck, ended up with a lot of camping. What are the chances of adding a roof level access point that can be accessed by jumping up on to the big containers on the left side (if you were a ct). Also on the left side the fence by the containers is very buggy and the box that is outside of the warehouse allows a t to camp and prefire any ct who might attempt to go there. I suggest removing the fence to allow a bit more room to attack / defend
astro
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: A*-
STEAM_0:1:9537458

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Have to ask Lurky if he can do a mod on the map for this.

Looks to be a decent map, and once players warm to it, they like it. There are a few that don't, but you always get some players like this.

I tend to think that if maps can be modified to suit UKCS players more, even these doubters will get less. :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:43 am

Unfortunately I've not been on CSS much the past few weeks but I soon have a week off work while my girlfriend doesn't, so I will no doubt waste it all on here and drinking beer :) I will see how the map is doing then and make changes to it from there.

Lionheart has already given some great feedback that I will act upon and I'll check out the pre fire area you mentioned astro. As for the shelving you could initially shoot through it but the Ts dominated as they camped the shelving and shot through the gaps so I just blocked bullets. I do believe de_port does the same thing with the same racks. I've made a note of it as something to keep an eye on though so it'll probably get altered as you know I love to tinker with things :) As always thanks for the feedback

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Postby Who Am I? on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Nice map Lurky, I like it. As Astro pointed out, that fence behaves a little weird, it seems to eat bullets. But that might be a deliberate feature.

I think it works pretty well, but I may have been on the winning team mostly. I was going to mention both the bullet-eating box racks and the CTs' easy hossie access, but I like your explanation of those aspects (Lurky).
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby Hsooz on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Really liked the map.

Although it seems it favours CT a bit. For example there is no way for T to jump up onto the containers anywhere near the hostages. So basically CT is always camping very close to the hostages. Yes you can go round the right end through the house, but I personally feel that T-s not being able to get up there gives CT-s a bit of an advantage.

EDIT: After reading Lurkys earlier posts, which i missed before :P, i get the concept on easy access to hossies, but it's seldom the case that players have the sole objetive to rescue hostages. It's just a good spot for CT to rush or camp endlessly.

Hsooz

Player: Hsooz
STEAM_0:1:45061774

Postby Lionheart on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Hsooz wrote:Really liked the map.

Although it seems it favours CT a bit. For example there is no way for T to jump up onto the containers anywhere near the hostages. So basically CT is always camping very close to the hostages. Yes you can go round the right end through the house, but I personally feel that T-s not being able to get up there gives CT-s a bit of an advantage.

TS can get up there but require a teammate to boost them....Hopefully people figure this out and start doing this. Otherwise I guess Lurky could make it so you don't even need a boost to get there, but perhaps it would swing too heavily in favour of the TS.
Lionheart
Home Member

Postby Hsooz on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Heh. Well i guess its just my terrible CSS skils then. I tried twice to get boosted up there and i couldnt for the life of me do it. Good to know its possible to do that.
I take back my previous statement.

Really like the map!! :)

Hsooz

Player: Hsooz
STEAM_0:1:45061774

Postby Lionheart on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Hsooz wrote:Heh. Well i guess its just my terrible CSS skils then. I tried twice to get boosted up there and i couldnt for the life of me do it. Good to know its possible to do that.
I take back my previous statement.

Really like the map!! :)

I thought you could do it from the cement pallets, but I have never done it myself .... Lurky best confirm or deny that :D
Lionheart
Home Member

Re: cs_cargo_b3

Postby A Killer Potato on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:26 am

Yeah you can get up there with a teammate boosting from the left corner.
I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Compile log wrote:Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."
A Killer Potato
Home Member

Player: Espurr
STEAM_0:1:10838190

Postby Little_Devil on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 am

Note the change from cs_cargo_b2 to cs_cargo_b3

This map has been updated now with a number of fixes brought about by your suggestions.

Keep them coming.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Postby BreeZe on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:26 am

About the T's and getting up to the containers, I think adding a ramp makes perfect sense.. but it needs the same distance as the CTs have to their access ramp, else its gonna be a cluster of grenades dictating the container battle.

So maybe add a ramp to the two stacked containers on the leftside of the hostage "pit" that connects those two containers via a walkway to the remaining container complex? If its not to much work.

Also as a note, though I told you already Lurky. The wall that seperates the exterior "skywalk" area and the CT skywalk staircase, is paper thin and can be shot through to potentially lay down a multikill on CTs entering the building.

Love the map, keep up the great work!
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Next

Return to Maps : CSS