Server #4 Maps

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Re: Server #4 Maps

Postby Hsooz on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Maps i would like to see removed->
->blahhh

Hsooz

Player: Hsooz
STEAM_0:1:45061774

Postby EvlFooZe on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:50 pm

I dont know if anyone remembers this, but you should! I would love to see Fy Poolday on #4. If its already on, sweet as, if not, we missing out!

I play all maps that are fun, im not gonna put up a list because most of what I think are good are already on or been suggested. Only fy pool day do i need from ya'll :))

as for some other maps that i TOTALLY want to play again (slap if on #2 because #1 is too crowded) :

Assault.
Vertigo.
Prodigy.
Inferno.
Aztec.
Militia (not sure if this is already on #1 or not)
Cbble (again, not sure if already on #1)

well, its late, ill come out with some more during the week.

EvlFooZe

Player: EvL FooZe
STEAM_0:0:38926190

Postby Lionheart on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Hsooz wrote:Maps i would like to see removed->
->bohhh/yeauhhh
->de_elemental

As #4 is mostly empty unless soccer, jenga or volleyball are on i think that more small "fun" maps should be added.
Adding old classics which are large maps will in my opinion empty the server.

(My personal opinion)

I'm with Hsooz to be honest & also the lines between a regular map & a "fun" map are getting a bit blurred here. If I wanted to play cs_assault or de_inferno, I would go on #1 or #2 since they are regular maps. However both those maps are not on either #1 or #2 due to inherent problems / some kind of issue with the maps (otherwise they would be on #1 and #2 anyway....)

#4 should be for maps that have e.g. low gravity, pirate ships, soccer with knives, volleyball, AWP & grenade wars, *tiny* maps - i.e. maps that people would be in uproar with if we stuck them on server #1 since they are totally off-the-wall compared to the current maps we have on the main servers :D
Last edited by Lionheart on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby MrsRapidByte on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Lionheart wrote:
->bohhh/yeauhhh
->de_elemental

As #4 is mostly empty unless soccer, jenga or volleyball are on i think that more small "fun" maps should be added.

(My personal opinion)

I'm with this to be honest & the lines between a regular map & a "fun" map are getting a bit blurred here. If I wanted to play cs_assault or de_inferno, I would go on #1 or #2 since they are regular maps. However both those maps are not on either #1 or #2 due to inherent problems / some kind of issue with the maps (otherwise they would be on #1 and #2 anyway....)

#4 should be for maps that have e.g. low gravity, pirate ships, soccer with knives, volleyballs, *tiny* maps - i.e. maps that people would be in uproar with if we stuck them on server #1 since they are totally off-the-wall compared to the current maps we have on the main servers :D

Okay what about getting back to how it used to be? where Sunday nights were fun maps and Wednesday was new/classic maps!!!! I know Wednesday nights were map extravaganzas, but if possible I would be more than happy to run a few hours of classic/new maps on Wednesday nights, if that's what people want.

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Player: Lady Luck
STEAM_0:0:5400643

Postby Lionheart on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 pm

MrsRapidByte wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
->bohhh/yeauhhh
->de_elemental

(My personal opinion)

I'm with this to be honest & the lines between a regular map & a "fun" map are getting a bit blurred here. If I wanted to play cs_assault or de_inferno, I would go on #1 or #2 since they are regular maps. However both those maps are not on either #1 or #2 due to inherent problems / some kind of issue with the maps (otherwise they would be on #1 and #2 anyway....)

#4 should be for maps that have e.g. low gravity, pirate ships, soccer with knives, volleyballs, *tiny* maps - i.e. maps that people would be in uproar with if we stuck them on server #1 since they are totally off-the-wall compared to the current maps we have on the main servers :D

Okay what about getting back to how it used to be? where Sunday nights were fun maps and Wednesday was new/classic maps!!!! I know Wednesday nights were map extravaganzas, but if possible I would be more than happy to run a few hours of classic/new maps on Wednesday nights, if that's what people want.

But are you referring to this?
http://ukcs.net/events/CSS/Fortnightly-Maps.html

Where on Wednesday nights:
We'll be featuring a mix of Classic maps, and some brand new ones for your consideration

That was on server #2. Server #4 has always been 'just' fun maps at least for as long as I have been around here / can remember :)
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby A Killer Potato on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:21 pm

fun_allinone_css_v2! The original was removed way back when css first went OB because of crashes, I'm pretty sure that was fixed by Valve long ago, but here's _v2 of the map anyway. Would love to see this back on as well.

de_thematrix_11 This was previously on rotation but removed for some reason. Same as fun_allinone I'd like to see it back on.

EDIT:

EvlFooZe wrote:Fy Poolday

Personally I think it's a bit small for when the server starts to fill up, but could work with lower players.
Last edited by A Killer Potato on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Compile log wrote:Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."
A Killer Potato
Home Member

Player: Espurr
STEAM_0:1:10838190

Postby MrsRapidByte on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Lionheart wrote:But are you referring to this?
http://ukcs.net/events/CSS/Fortnightly-Maps.html

Where on Wednesday nights:
We'll be featuring a mix of Classic maps, and some brand new ones for your consideration

That was on server #2. Server #4 has always been 'just' fun maps at least for as long as I have been around here / can remember :)

Was on server 4 to start with on Wednesday cause I remember being super excited about being able to play more Jenga but when I joined it was nothing like Sunday nights :shock: this was back when server 4 was just on a Sunday night :p and wow is this post showing how long I've played css for :oops: anyway then the new and old event was held on #2 two Wednesdays a month - but that got some people complaining about interrupted game play :roll: Server 4 is a way to hopefully avoid that.

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Postby BoomhaueR on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am

Lionheart wrote:#4 should be for maps that have e.g. low gravity, pirate ships, soccer with knives, volleyball, AWP & grenade wars, *tiny* maps - i.e. maps that people would be in uproar with if we stuck them on server #1 since they are totally off-the-wall compared to the current maps we have on the main servers :D

I agree. And equally there should not be old classic maps like inferno, cbble etc, even though they are awesome they are server 2 maps really.

I play server 4 a fair amount and the following maps have emptied the server pretty quickly almost every time:
bohhh
de_elemental
fy_bloodarena
yeauhhh
wham_city
de_elemental

They are just not fun to play especially in small numbers.

Maps I would like to see added that are really fun (including good suggestions previously posted) are:
scoutzknivez (with low gravity and air accelerate)
de_dolls
de_rats_morningcall
aim_deagle
fun_allinone_css_v2
de_thematrix_11
fy_poolday
mg_ski_mountain_dev
awp_l33tsk33t - amazing map in 1.6 but not sure what are the good conversions in source. maybe awp_l337sk337beta_source.
mg_wipeout - again I'm not sure which are the best source versions but this minigame was awesome in 1.6 just like the tv show.

Also he_dodgeball_s needs to be low gravity and air accelerate also. So much more fun.

I'll add some more if I think of any.

BoomhaueR
Recruit Member

Player: BoomhaueR
STEAM_0:1:4133257

Postby Aperture on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm

All the glass maps are annoying, because of troll team mates shooting you into oblivion. Boring as...

All the low gravity maps are fun, but the ones with portals are boring as not everyone knows them well and it's very easy to get lost.

I second getting fy_pool_day on #4 - loved that on 1.6! Also second getting aim maps on it - pistols are fun.

I have only one other point; football! Although I love it, it can be a rather empty server at times and the map you guys have is too big, so may I advise a smaller football map like ka_soccer_xsl_stadium_b1 and maybe installing some football skins and a sprint function? The latter may not be possible, but I do strongly advise a smaller football map.

Regards, Baz.
The love you withold is the pain you carry lifetime after lifetime.
Aperture
Recruit Member

Player: Åp̈ër̈ẗür̈Ê
STEAM_0:1:1870489

Postby Who Am I? on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 pm

KEEP
cells2
volleyball (although maybe add like a bowl under sthe ball at the start so you can only shoot it upwards)
glasstrap
glasswar
musical rooms (rapid, isn't the point to knife each other during the songs?)
awp_subzero (but I'd rather replace with another awp map, awp_lego awp_india, I think those are maps)

REMOVE
dodgeball
yeahhyuh
jenga (mostly just pointless)
helms_deep (sadly..)

DO WANT
pirate wars, if it is that one that was on rotation earlier, with the shotguns.
scoutknivez
fy_pool_day
aim_deagle or any other aim map.
thematrix
busses from hell (OMG WHAT IS THIS OVERDOSE OF FUN? PUT THIS ON NOW)

surf maps!!! (well said), some examples:
surf_10x_final: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/7214,
surf_skyworld: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/5541,
surf_machine http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/6851 The memories..

with that^ said I would love to see an XC (climb) map, the point is to get as far up as possible by jumping on platforms and such. Spent many long nights with that. Some favourites we could give a go:
xc_pyramid: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/7075
xc_climberwarz: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/5918 (the teams compete to get to the top I think, I think I recall some NSFW parts on it though, nude women pics at the top)
xc_ratrace: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/6168
xc_church: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/6896

Like Aperture said, football map is too large to move around on, so one of those solutions is needed.

Side note, as Tato pointed out these surf maps will make people leave for sure, even more so the XC maps.
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:29 pm

I will copy this into the first post viewtopic.php?p=7087122#p7087122

That way players will be able to keep abreast of the current views held on maps that are wanting to be used.

I will just make individual posts to notify players when maps are changed or added.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:57 pm

MrsRapidByte wrote:Server 4 is for fun gaming nights. Where ranks don't matter and whats more wacky than having "normal" maps mixed in among the fun creative maps :lol: Plus it gives us a break to play "normal" maps without worrying about ranks - cause I know you guys worry about stats :P

I can see your point, but as you said these are fun nights, whose original intention was to have all the wacky maps in one place.

However, if there is a large consensus of opinion from server #4 regulars, that they would like to have some of the old originals on, which would never be used on #1 or #2 these days, for a variety of reasons, then a small number of maps could be added/changed on a weekly or monthly basis.

I can see Snake'soul and EnvY1324 have asked for some more classical maps to be included, so a selection of older maps may give a little more variety. Although close monitoring would be needed, to see if the maps chosen would be suitable, and that players enjoyed them.

A Killer Potato wrote:I consider yeayuhhh to be as much of a server emptier as bohhh.

Will remove that one
dipsy wrote:bohhh yeauhhh wham_city de_elemental, the shotgun map with the low gravity and the castle one should be removed. bring the matrix map back

The shotgun one is helms, others will be removed.

*** Just a reminder for self. Up to here at present. I will address the remaining posts soon :) ***
viewtopic.php?p=7087350#p7087350

Map list is what is currently on the server as of today.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:06 am

fun_allinone_css_v2.
de_thematrix_11
Fy Poolday

All these will need testing out, with fresh downloads of the latest versions.

Server #4 was held on the weekend and one day during the week, and was run by a variety of admins, putting maps on for the enjoyment of regular players. This was never an automated scenario, but may be an option if players want a different type of map rotation for a mid week function, although I would need to have a chat with TC to make sure it is viable.

wham_city
Only seen this mentioned once for removal, and I am unwilling to remove any map that is not generally considered as bad for the server.

I won't be removing any more maps at present, since we must have a decent core map group.

scoutzknivez (with low gravity and air accelerate)
de_rats_morningcall
aim_deagle
mg_ski_mountain_dev
awp_l33tsk33t - amazing map in 1.6 but not sure what are the good conversions in source. maybe awp_l337sk337beta_source.
mg_wipeout - again I'm not sure which are the best source versions but this minigame was awesome in 1.6 just like the tv show.
pirate wars
busses from hell

he_dodgeball_s needs to be low gravity and air accelerate also. So much more fun.

Will have map testers look into these.

surf and xc will have to look into
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Postby MrsRapidByte on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:36 am

wham_city - Thanks for reminding me about this one. Its awful most people don't know where the bomb sites are. Loads of people complain about the "painful" sunbeams and at spawn people do from time to time get stuck with teammates in the doors when they all rush it, not to mention its frustration watching folk running around like headless chickens trying to find a way out of some areas of the map.

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:14 am

de_dolls lower gravity added
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Postby EWJ on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 am

<3 :cheers:
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Added these

fun_allinone_css_v2
mg_piratewars_2010
aim_deagle_09_b1
aim_deagle_pw_minecraft_fix
ka_explosions_v2
awp_minecraft_pete_v1

Please don't forget to give your feedback on all these maps after this weekend :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Postby dipsy on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:34 pm

You wrote the bloodarena should be removed Rapid. I disagree it is a good map I think that wham_city should be removed instead of Bloodarena

dipsy
Recruit Member

Player: dipsy
STEAM_0:1:54387769

Postby Who Am I? on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Little_Devil wrote:de_dolls lower gravity added

If I recall correct, the gravity was still set to 800 when it was on #4 on Sunday, has it been adjusted since then?

dipsy wrote:You wrote the bloodarena should be removed Rapid. I disagree it is a good map I think that wham_city should be removed instead of Bloodarena

Bloodarena works, but it is kind of simple. Still, you can have fun on it, and that is the point.

Little_Devil wrote:surf and xc will have to look into

Anything new on this? :)
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Who Am I? wrote:
Little_Devil wrote:de_dolls lower gravity added

If I recall correct, the gravity was still set to 800 when it was on #4 on Sunday, has it been adjusted since then?

Little_Devil wrote:surf and xc will have to look into

Anything new on this? :)

Gravity was set up prior to Sunday test, but something must have been wrong with the setup. I have asked TC to look into it. :)

Second question :) Once we have settled on a number of maps to be played and ones to be removed, which will give us an idea of how many maps will be on the server, I will look into those.
I am sure you can appreciate that having a very large number of maps on the server, will lead to quite a number of maps that cannot be played due to the time period that server #4 is turned on for. :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

PreviousNext

Return to Maps : CSS