what map do you want back?

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

what map do you want back?

Postby hagz on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 pm

probably been asked a few thousand times this but what old map would you like to see back in Source?

i would love to see Backalley, siege and Thunder make a comeback.

CS_Backalley

CS_Thunder

CS_Seige

hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Re: what map do you want back?

Postby krzje on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:18 am

cs_siege is brilliant!

I would love to see some "as" maps back

as_highrise:

as_oilrig: (one of my favourite maps of alltime! :mrgreen:

What about that terrible but brilliant map cs_747?

de_vegas?

Ohhh brings back so many memories <3

krzje
UKCS Admin

Player: rz
STEAM_0:0:48200015

Postby BreeZe on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 am

You wont get any VIP maps sadly, ive asked many times over the past years :(
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby hagz on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:54 am

must admit they are a bit like marmite you either love em or you hate em?
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:14 pm

I always liked many of these maps, however players start to complain after a while about one map or another, then decide they won't play a particular map, so swap server. This ends up with other players leaving the server to be with friends, or you get some wild accusations flying around that admins do not listen to players because maps are either removed or not removed. Other maps which played at an acceptable level at one time, become sluggish and have bugs appear, due to the changes made with the Valve coding. Some of the older maps have texture problems, due to the type of textures used or the map is made in a certain way at the beginning of its life and Valve make more changes and the map becomes unplayable. A prime example of this would be de_rush, a popular map, but with pretty bad texture problems and increasing lag for many players.

As an example, I always enjoyed back alley because with a concerted rush tactic, the map goals could be achieved, however many players did not rush and just camped every round, so you ended up with a stalemate. However either due to changes in the code or the way the map was made, this became increasingly laggy at one time, so was removed.

VIP and other mods like Zombie have been suggested in the past, but these of course should be on dedicated servers. The thing about any additional mod, is that it must integrate with the UKCS mod, that everyone on the servers have come to expect, so is not a simple matter of throwing on a server, adding a predefined mod and sitting back on watching it take off. Servers cost money and time not only to set up, but to administer.

Surf maps have been suggested as well, and some of these have been tried, however the reaction from players is not favourable at all. Server #4 now hosts an assortment of maps that used to be on the main servers, but again removed because players complained about the type of map.

UKCS has to look at what the majority players want on the servers, but tbh players can change their minds from week to week, whilst others oppose every single change. :)

One idea would be to run a regular rotation if you will on a particular night, with the older maps on.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby hagz on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:17 pm

well i was just sort of asking what maps people would like to see in CSS in general (not hinting we should rune them on a server tbh) just a nostalgic blast from the past i still enjoy some of the community versions of these maps though
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:04 pm

I see what you meant, but when I answer, for some reason people automatically assume I am thinking of reintroducing older maps. :)

I, just like others, like a blast from the past, with some of the old maps. :) many of which we can no longer play, which is a great shame :(
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby hagz on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 am

I still think we should have a happy 15th birthday for CS and play some of these older maps on a 1.6 server to celebrate it.
hagz
Senior Admin

Return to Maps : CSS