Please remove aurora and gallery from server 1

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Please remove aurora and gallery from server 1

Postby WonGeH1 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:05 am

These two maps are nothing short of abysmal. :shock:

WonGeH1
Recruit Member

Player: The Magnificient Smaug
STEAM_0:1:20693695

Re: Please remove aurora and gallery from server 1

Postby xAcTioNx on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:00 am

cs_aurora has been put forward by me an elmo to be removed...i like de_gallery :scratch:

xAcTioNx

Player: xAcTioNx
STEAM_0:1:8796726

Postby MrsRapidByte on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:31 pm

WonGeH1 wrote:These two maps are nothing short of abysmal. :shock:
Could you expand a bit more please what makes them in your opinion abysmal :?:

Looking for some suggests on what yous think would make cs_aurora move playable and also what time if any you would like to see it on Server #1? maybe you would like to see it on in the evening but not during the morning or afternoon? cs_aurora has good enough map ratings to warrant trying to implement some changes, we can work with the original mapper and our own mappers to make a few changes - I believe one of our mappers already has a few ideas about cs_aurora :P

de_gallery has higher map rating than cs_auroa - what about de_gallery do you dislike? perhaps it might be something we could look into fixing or making the map only available to be voted on at certain times, as sometimes certain maps are unsuitable to be played at a particular time of day.

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Player: Lady Luck
STEAM_0:0:5400643

Postby BreeZe on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Gallery should not be removed, its a map that has a lot of variation, it can be high paced or a drawn out passive map, all in all its well balanced and theres rarely a massive player exodus on it as opposed to aurora that seems to be highly unpopular, but is being looked into I belive.

Constructive feedback is always a lot more.. constructive ;) so rather than demanding/suggesting removal could you try and adress the issues from your perspective, it will not only empower the suggestion of reviewing the map(s) but significantly increase the chance of "something" happening with the map(s) in question.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby WonGeH1 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:19 am

The list would be to long to list for aurora, and I get the impression it is not very popular all round so I wont elaborate any further on that crap.

In regards to De_Gallery, it is one of those maps that promotes heavy camping (mainly from terrors who like to spend 2 minutes sitting atop a ladder), one half of the map is largely redundant (offices), and when there is 64 people playing in narrow corridors with no anti block system in place it is just hell. On a side note it also looks ugly, and there must be countless maps out there that are more popular / nostalgic than this.

Looking back over other posts, somebody mentioned de_dust 2002. This map was brilliant, and worked very well on 40+ server.

WonGeH1
Recruit Member

Player: The Magnificient Smaug
STEAM_0:1:20693695

Postby BreeZe on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Well even if you consider the list to long for Aurora, there are other people giving inputs on it as well and collectively maybe your input combined with theirs, would be enough for the map developers to find that golden middle way we all like so much :) So if its not to much to ask, put in the effort, it might pay off.

Gallery is subject to some narrow choke points, agreed, but that doesnt deem it a camp fest. From my experiences theres a fair amount of T wins on the map, which shouldnt occur if it was that much of an issue. Of course this varies from team to team, but I think its fairly balanced and theres many approaches to all possitions on the map that doesnt swing it in one way or the other.

The map being ugly is hardly a valid point for removal. And map alternatives is not really a valid point either, but any manner of feedback is appreciated im sure, so keep it up maybe the developers can adress some of the said issues and alter it into an enjoyable map even for you :)
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby LurkyUK on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 am

Just to add to what Breeze said - We have a good relationship with the mapper of cs_aurora and we can change things in the map to suit the server (the map wasn't made with 64 players in mind so don't be so harsh) so that long list of complaints will actually help us tailor the map for our server so please go into detail.

LurkyUK
Home Member

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Return to Maps : CSS