The 'trial' plan would be something like below.
- During the mornings on #2 standard map rotation which reverts back to the current setup during a time that regulars start to fill it
- Times are to be decided for this trial
- Days are to be decided, weekends will probably not have any alteration due to people not being at school/college/work on weekends so will fill it earlier
- Monday to Friday will most likely hold this trial for a 2 week period roughly to see how it fairs and if anything comes from it then more discussions for what we could do to please everyone could take place
- RTV will NOT be on during this trial and doubtful perhaps for afterwards as well so it will continue with the current way our voting works
The above will most likely be trialed for two weeks as mentioned, it does not change anything to the current format of the server other than morning could potentially find players during the week and maps will still be added/removed based on feedback from the #2 regulars.
If this does not work, it will of course just revert back to how it is and another trial based on other ideas to fill the morning slots be trialed. I believe this is fair and as the morning does not generally see anyone but AFK's unless #1 is down then it won't hurt anything currently for those two weeks or so to gather feedback.
The above is NOT SET IN STONE and just a general idea we are tinkering with at the moment and any thoughts we have based on feedback will be taken into account and another solution trialed based on that.
I'm away for the weekend now, so I hope the above makes no sense as it hurts nothing at the moment and if implemented it will be a short trial but enough to gather feedback from. I'll check back Monday.
Synaphix wrote:We will need a bit of time for this and to discuss it still but will keep you updated - thanks!
It is not final and open for discussion, it is just something we are toying with, I've not said it will go ahead but that I would like to trial it so general ideas for the morning too is welcome but standard maps may be trialed to see if that has any interest on filling a server which could be outside of #2 with the above being the general idea so far.
No. I am not a nice man. It's important that you understand that. It's going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It's who I am. Right to the bottom. I'm neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it has been a hindrance. I'm not gonna change.
- Sherlock, Elementary