Standard maps server

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Re: Standard maps server

Postby hagz on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm

for me i would prefer to see a new server (or a re-allocated server) to put vanilla maps on during the day would mean i for one would not see any benefit as i work all day. i appreciate his is added load but surely there is capacity out there when some servers are so little used?
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby Bl33cH on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Don't put vanilla maps on server #2. Putting vanilla maps on server 2 is like playing pop music to a heavy metal crowd. It's a stupid idea clearly made by someone who doesn't even play on server #2 otherwise they would know better than to suggest it in the first place. The volume of people using server #2 hasn't really changed much over the years. Most days there are around 10 people on from lunchtime, quite full from 5 til 10 then starts to fade towards 12-1am when it dies until the next day. This is a pretty normal cycle for most servers.

If you want boring 10+ year old vanilla maps I'd suggest figuring out another way of doing it. May I suggest buying CS:GO?

Bl33cH
Recruit Member

Postby Who Am I? on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:03 am

Just no.

This does not make sense to me either, what is this trial supposed to accomplish? One person jumping around all morning in an empty vanilla map server doesn't sound like UKCS #2 fun to me. There, no trial needed. If you were suggesting a new server for this purpose, then fine, as long as you don't mess with what is best with UKCS and what motivates me to play CSS, UKCS #2 and it's group of core players. Replace UKCS #3, even better. It already has the most boring vanilla map, so it could only get better with a complete vanilla rotation. I would actually be motivated to give it a visit then. Why put money on another server when there is the demand is next to none, doesn't make sense.

There is much more to say, but that should be enough. This can simply not happen.
wa1gasm/susan in-game.
Who Am I?

Player: wa1gasm
STEAM_0:0:12807451

Postby Synaphix on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:06 am

As it has been said, it has not been discussed fully, it probably will not even go on there and as I keep stating, it was an idea to be tested on #2 in the mornings which does not hurt any of you in any way at all, as the times you do play is not when these will be played.

It was just an 'idea' until we get more information from the back-end as to what we can do server wise and not a full set out plan, trial or anything but a suggestion. It will not change anything to the afternoon/evening when you #2 players actually use the server at all, just find something for the morning and this was suggested for them. It probably will not work no, which is why we are seeing what we can do otherwise.

Can we go back to keeping the topic on track please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So, thoughts on a vanilla server?
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Postby BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:08 am

Synaphix wrote:We will be trialing #2 with morning standard map rotation and then peak time that #2 usually starts will switch back to what it is rotation wise - does not hurt it at all as it is currently unused during the morning/earrrrly afternoon anyway. If it works then we can trial its own server away from #2.

That can maybe work. Good solution Syna :).

Edited: As I see now my UKCS#2 mates don't like the idea at all I will withdraw my "Good solution" part sorry Syna but I need to be in this one with my UKCS#2 buddys <3. Still <3 you thought Syna ;). And I am not missing seeing that you are doing ur best to be diplomatic <3.

Edited again: I see now that <3 looks more strange when you do it on the forum then in the server chat :P. Looks more I love guys then I love you as a friend xP.
Last edited by BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
GREEN SPAM!
Sponsored By Blax!
I am 56% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS]
Home Member

Player: |Proud.Swede!| iBlax!
STEAM_0:1:6005557

Postby Synaphix on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 am

Edited: Again, this would not effect #2 players in any way at all and with that being said without nothing solid coming forward plan wise can we keep this on topic please.

Your feedback on a vanilla server in general?
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:18 am

Btw isnt the voting turned off anyways on UKCS#2 really early in the morning ?
GREEN SPAM!
Sponsored By Blax!
I am 56% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS]
Home Member

Player: |Proud.Swede!| iBlax!
STEAM_0:1:6005557

Postby evil elmo on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 am

Ok lets face some facts here, #2 is empty for 15 hrs a day and that is a waste of a server, #2 dosent even start getting players on until around 3-4 pm in the afternoon and until then players play on #1. Now if players are coming onto #1 to play during the day then there must be something wrong with the map selection during the day as players dont want to play on there. All we are suggesting is trialing a classic maps on #2 when it is empty to see how many players actually want to play the classic maps. We have players on #1 who have asked why we dont have a server dedicated to classic maps as a lot of players would like to play them as they arent on the other 2 servers.

this trial wont interfere with the evening players and why are players of #2 so scared of us trialing something that in so way affects there game time. Now if #2 was full all day like #1 is then i could understand why players would be stamping there feet demanding we leave there server alone. Lionheart we have more foreign players who play on ukcs then uk people. It just so happens that most of the uk players play on #2 during the evening and this trial wont affect them at all. At the end of the day what is the point of having a server empty for 15 hrs we might as well shut down #2 from midnight each night then bring it back up at 3pm in the afternoon. Because no one is willing to even look at making #2 more popular during the day they want there evening playtime to themselves and they want #2 empty during the day. Did it occur to anyone that maybe if we trial this idea that some of the players who would play during the day might actually want to play in the evening even when the classic maps arent on.

And why should we have to use #4 or #5, isnt it better to actually trial the maps on the server we are actually going to use so players know where to find a classic map server, and yes players can go find other servers who run the classic maps but what about bringing more players to ukcs and helping our community grow even bigger. Not everyone likes change and thats fine but we are trying to make ukcs the best place to play and if that means that we are actually going to try and fill up a empty server that has no use during the day, i think the #2 players rather then whinging should be embracing the idea of bringing in a new aspect to #2.

If you play during the evening then fine u can have your evening time, we are on about daytime hrs you know that time of the day when u play on #1 cause your favourite server is empty. Tf2 have a vanilla server and that is always full during the day, so instead of stamping your feet and demanding we leave your precious server alone open up your minds and think about other players instead of yourself and what they might want.

If you dont try new ideas then servers die, its a fact and #2 is close to dying so we are suggesting a new idea. So maybe we need a few more players from #2 to come to the forums and see what they think, remember we arent taking your precious evening rotation away just the morning rotation where the ghosts currently occupy.
evil elmo
UKCS Vice President
Executive Admin

Player: evil elmo
STEAM_0:1:8885123

Postby Synaphix on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 am

BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] wrote:Btw isnt the voting turned off anyways on UKCS#2 really early in the morning ?

Voting doesn't come on #1 or #2 until 11:00.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby hagz on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 am

<3 Elmo <3
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby moe_guays on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:45 am

I'm a regular #2 player and would welcome the classic map rotation during the mornings,
If it doesn't work you just have an empty server in the morning (No different to now).

On the other hand, if it works we have new players and grow bigger as a community :cheers:
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: ☠ ᴹᴼᴲ
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby irishkev666 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 am

The Lionheart makes a very good point with the times of the trail ! So what if the trail goes well and you get a pick up in the morning slot only to turn it off in the evenings them pps will just not return !! So it would be a good idea to have one server for one and not the other ! put up server 5 for the 2 weeks and see what you get. It is a line i dont like typing but css is a die'n game with all the other new games coming out and you want to change what you have build up over the years :scratch: maddness

IrishKev666

irishkev666
UKCS Sponsor

Player: IrishKev666
STEAM_0:1:11082574

Postby krzje on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am

Well kev, i dont think its madness. Since server 2 is always empty in the morning. The only 2 servers that are filling up slowly are server 1 and 3.

I was seriously thinking that if this takes much longer, server 2 will be gone soon enough. Last weekends server 2 was hardly filling up, even in the evening.
We need to try some new stuff, try to attract new and different players, otherwise i think server 2 wont last that long anymore..

I'm deffo up for some vanilla gaming in the morning, and i think a lot of oldschool cs(s) player's do, so why not try it, no harm done imo.

krzje
UKCS Admin

Player: rz
STEAM_0:0:48200015

Postby Synaphix on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:47 am

As I have said, nothing is set in stone yet and if it does go well, we will see what we can do in regards for a dedicated server to vanilla maps. Whilst #2 is dead in the mornings, it could be trialed which would allow us to see what time slots work, if morning does not work we could try it during the evenings on another server and if it does work then hopefully a dedicated server for it 24/7.

It has no impact on how #2 runs currently either as I keep mentioning so no need to complain that your server is being changed as it makes no difference to the #2 population at the moment with the time it is being used.

#2 was also a SUGGESTION, not that it WILL happen on #2 and I misworded one of my posts on the first page but whilst #2 is free in the mornings it is worth trialing it there anyway. We will have more information within 1-2 weeks so we will let you know a plan then.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby MrsRapidByte on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:00 pm

krzje wrote: I was seriously thinking that if this takes much longer, server 2 will be gone soon enough. Last weekends server 2 was hardly filling up, even in the evening.
We need to try some new stuff, try to attract new and different players, otherwise i think server 2 wont last that long anymore..

You might want to try actually banning hackers permanently, resolving admin abuse quicker, listening to the community and get off your high horses cause the selfish hypocritical bullcrap that has been going on is beyond a joke oh and maybe hold events that get talked about and stop letting them go by the wayside :evil: perhaps addressing these kind of issues would be more beneficial to the community!!

This post will properly be removed to the forum chasm, however I have hope the right people will see it at on one board or another.

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Player: Lady Luck
STEAM_0:0:5400643

Postby Jonas|UKCS| on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:24 pm

You might want to try actually banning hackers permanently, resolving admin abuse quicker, listening to the community and get off your high horses cause the selfish hypocritical bullcrap that has been going on is beyond a joke oh and maybe hold events that get talked about and stop letting them go by the wayside :evil: perhaps addressing these kind of issues would be more beneficial to the community!!

This post will properly be removed to the forum chasm, however I have hope the right people will see it at on one board or another.[/quote]

Keep fighting for the right Яapidßyte ;)
Worst comes to Worst, and my people comes first
Jonas|UKCS|
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: KBZiNZ™
STEAM_0:0:67971778

Postby evil elmo on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:48 pm

wow mrs rapidbyte as a former admin im shocked you could bring such horrid remarks about the admin team, considering that up to a few weeks back you were a admin. And if i remember correctly you were the map tester werent you for the admins so u have no right under the sun to say anything about events.

Im not going to bring my self down to your level so you can go stamp your feet some where else. Cause all you have proved in this thread is that if you dont get your own way you stamp your feet like a little child, well stamp away cause you dont run the servers and we will always do whats best for ukcs and not you.
evil elmo
UKCS Vice President
Executive Admin

Player: evil elmo
STEAM_0:1:8885123

Postby MrsRapidByte on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:30 pm

oh sweetie why do you think I quit or why so many have quit :scratch: and I did run successful events, there hasn't been events since I left!! As a former admin I have more insight than most to point out the flaws in the admin team.

Not even going to address your personal attack :roll:

MrsRapidByte
Home Member

Player: Lady Luck
STEAM_0:0:5400643

Postby moe_guays on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Any chance we can keep this to the point?
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: ☠ ᴹᴼᴲ
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby Little_Devil on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Hackers DO get banned where it can be proven without any shadow of a doubt that the person hacks.
Clearly there are many on here that scream hacks and get that person off the server immediately because I say they hack, and yet when they are called hackers themselves, would certainly not want banning in the same manner.

Just because someone is suspected of hacking having had an account with Steam for many years, and never been caught by VAC, doesn't mean the accuser is suddenly correct in their assumption, and everyone else is wrong.

I have seen people accuse Tato, Jonas and MrsRapidByte of hacking, should we just ban you all and not let you back on the servers. We have also, over the years, had far better players than anyone on here, and yet never been banned for hacking, are we to assume that anyone better than the accusers we have, is a hacker now ?

Of Course not, otherwise we would be dropping down to the same level as people who scream stop letting hackers back on the servers.

That is the Off Topic issue cleared up.

Now for the On Topic Issue of Vanilla servers.
This issue appears to have reared its head because Marmot made a suggestion, and it was not immediately kicked into touch.
Since the admin team, despite this very question being on our agenda for discussion, has not even discussed this, along with many other decisions, then there can be no question of such a server being started. Even if the admins had said it was a valid possibility, then we certainly would not do so, since it would have to go through various decision making bodies first, including being aired on a thread in this section, with a vote attached.

There are a number of issues to be sorted, even when you think of what you call a vanilla map server, since UKCS is the initiator of many maps, which could be classified as Vanilla.
Are we talking about the original maps, that have not been modified in any way, or are people expecting Vanilla to be translated as Classic Valve maps. Original Nuke, Office and Dust.
No idea why someone should point to CS:GO, and talk about maps on there, since many CSS players are stuck in the past, and the GO maps most definitely are not. They may have the same names, but the maps can in no way be classed as Vanilla.

This is only one of the questions which would need to be discussed, and then only after some decisions had been made.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

PreviousNext

Return to Maps : CSS