Standard maps server

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

Re: Standard maps server

Postby A Killer Potato on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:21 pm

You might want to try actually banning hackers permanently, resolving admin abuse quicker, listening to the community and get off your high horses cause the selfish hypocritical bullcrap that has been going on is beyond a joke oh and maybe hold events that get talked about and stop letting them go by the wayside :evil: perhaps addressing these kind of issues would be more beneficial to the community!!

This post will properly be removed to the forum chasm, however I have hope the right people will see it at on one board or another.

As off topic as this is I don't see any other chance of expressing this in a public manner (and talking to LD is like shouting at a brick wall), what has been said /is/ accurate. The whole Vanstah thing, as well as Dave/Coolshow not being dealt with either at all (dave) or very slowly (coolshow).

edit:
Clearly there are many on here that scream hacks and get that person off the server immediately because I say they hack, and yet when they are called hackers themselves, would certainly not want banning in the same manner.

Just because someone is suspected of hacking having had an account with Steam for many years, and never been caught by VAC, doesn't mean the accuser is suddenly correct in their assumption, and everyone else is wrong.

When I accuse people it's backed by years of high level game experience. I don't throw around hackusations lightly :) I think I showed that when I called elmo about vloid, only 6 hours later was he banned...

Back on topic: A new custom maps server I don't really have a problem with except splitting the playerbase further. The main reason #2 is empty during the morning/early afternoon isn't because people enjoy #1, it's just the only place with players (ask boon; starting up servers isn't very easy). If people tried, they'd get #2 started up a lot earlier, there are a fair few #2 regulars on #1/3 during the mornings.
I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Compile log wrote:Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."
A Killer Potato
Home Member

Player: Espurr
STEAM_0:1:10838190

Postby Little_Devil on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:40 pm

A Killer Potato wrote:As off topic as this is I don't see any other chance of expressing this in a public manner (and talking to LD is like shouting at a brick wall), what has been said /is/ accurate. The whole Vanstah thing, as well as Dave/Coolshow not being dealt with either at all (dave) or very slowly (coolshow).

Firstly you should be sure of your facts, rather than making wild assumptions based on nothing more than the opinion of yourself and others.
The rules that I and all admins follow regarding how suspected hacker are treated, come directly from TC, so you can feel free to tell him how wrong he is based on your experience.

I have had players on to me with far more experience than you have had , tell me you hack, and they say it is definite, should I then ban you, based on your own remarks.

As far as talking to me about any of this, and being a brick wall, that is completely untrue, since you have NEVER tried.

As I said, it is off topic, and any more posts on this will be cut.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby irishkev666 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:47 pm

look there is a lot of off the topic going on here now ! forget hackers and stuff its about what i would think is match player asking for norm maps to go on line if im in the right ball park ! Where all grown ups here well you all are im BATMAN ! hahahhaha lets get back to the matter at hand Server two getting backed doored to some crap idea of old maps only !

IrishKev666

irishkev666
UKCS Sponsor

Player: IrishKev666
STEAM_0:1:11082574

Postby Bl33cH on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 pm

As a server 2 regular: Elmo's first post makes sense tbh. Perhaps if classic maps ran from 1am til 1pm or 2am til 12pm? Something like that? That wouldn't interfere with regulars at all.

And, in defence of Rapid: She's the best admin server 4 has ever had. The server was stagnating before she stepped in and she really freshened it up and I appreciate that she was always looking for new maps and new ideas and events (as well as talking to and listening to the people using the server) to keep it interesting. During the time she was admin the population of the server increased dramatically for a reason (but since she has left has now started to wane slightly). Nothing against the other admins but it would be nice if there were more like her. As, what I would class, a successful admin I think it would be worth taking her opinion seriously. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Bl33cH on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bl33cH
Recruit Member

Postby moe_guays on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:54 pm

irishkev666 wrote: lets get back to the matter at hand Server two getting backed doored to some crap idea of old maps only !

#2 would not me classic maps all day (I wouldn't let that happen)
It would be a trial thing (if it goes ahead) for the morning only (8am - 1pm) then #2 would go back to normal [#2 people choosing the maps]
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: ☠ ᴹᴼᴲ
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby Wicked Vixen on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Plz just leav #2 as it is now.. I dont see the point in changing a server ppl really enjoy playing on.. #2 is the most fun server to play on, and i always enjoy playing with all the regulars :) <3
Maby consider getting another server running, and that one can have standard maps only??

Wicked Vixen

Player: Wicked Vixxeh
STEAM_0:1:14575526

Postby hagz on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 pm

ok so forgetting trialling it on #2 at all would there be a "market" for the vanilla maps? the maps that come with the game as standard? I know i would play on it sor tof miss the old favourites like Dust/Dust 2 Nuke and havana
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby Little_Devil on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:57 pm

irishkev666 wrote:look there is a lot of off the topic going on here now ! forget hackers and stuff its about what i would think is match player asking for norm maps to go on line if im in the right ball park ! Where all grown ups here well you all are im BATMAN ! hahahhaha lets get back to the matter at hand Server two getting backed doored to some crap idea of old maps only !

IrishKev666

I am all for an open and honest discussion at the appropriate time, that time being when admins have discussed all the pro's and con's, which can then be presented in a coherent manner as a proposal to UKCS players.

As far as starting another server is concerned, server#2 can be used as a trial once an outline had been agreed upon, however no such trial will take place until I have had a chance to speak to the admins and get their views on it.

No one is going to change server #2 at a time when the current players that enjoy the server, actually play on there, but there are periods during the day, where another format could be trialled if there was a consensus to do so.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby dmc25_uk on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:27 pm

hi all, as most of you know i am a long time server, for server 2, its my 2nd home. i can see most peoples points about changing the maps, but in my opinion the server is better when its full.

there is only 1 thing im worried about and that is changing server 2 into server 1. we have a brillant community that only come into server 2 and i think it would be a shame to upset that but while the server is empty in the mornings im all for it.

dmc25_uk
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: dave25_uk
STEAM_0:0:1684228

Postby irishkev666 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm

LD im all for new players and stuff but i do remember last time server two change came around ! when the players were asked for maps to tryout ! de_rush and its two follow ups and so on these maps came on and a new core of players became on ukcs 2. Those were the day you played on here elmo all im saying is yes great make players come on broad but why always server two ? we do the map testing its like were the dummies for your gains ! I started out on one and played it for months then i found that i had more fun on two as it was and is the best fun server you have. Now i frist of all, it wont brother me as im working in the trail times but if your after new players i cant see that point of haven a roto split in one day ?? your asking of players to play and get the feel and joy of good size commuitie playing one kind of maps and then on an hour change it to what they will find as crazy maps ????? something here is missing the picture if its down to cost of running the servers close server two down for 1am to like 4 pm ! but to put two kind of players on one server does not make any kind of sense. NOW lets pray "let us father hold our arms high and take down those who fight against us in this game to rob our time of good fun maps and slay those who think its fair to do so. AMEN"

IrishKev666

and for the comment of closing down server two as for low players its hard to think of as for the other server hold a lot of players that once played a good deal of time on here ! TF2 has a lot of server two plays that played here ! I will say from all the days ive played this game its server two that holds me to css now lets do the http://youtu.be/UE69OPUAWW8 :twisted:

irishkev666
UKCS Sponsor

Postby dmc25_uk on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:58 pm

i have to say it but i do agree with what kev is saying :cheers: kev :)

dmc25_uk
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: dave25_uk
STEAM_0:0:1684228

Postby irishkev666 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Hello im back again ! just wondering why its server one players asking for the all go on this yet most server two players argue a cause ?? just a wondering !! :?

IrishKev666

irishkev666
UKCS Sponsor

Postby LazyGun on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 pm

I would certainly appreciate it if server 2 was running in the day again, server 1 is pretty nasty, lots of campers in maps designed for camping.

I think it would be important to ascertain what exactly is meant by Vanilla maps before the discussion continues.

I think it should be noted that there was a lot of opposition to the last round of map changes in server 2. In particular a lot of the regular favourites were replaced, almost for the sake of it, for so called improved versions, despite vociferous resistance for a number of regulars. Like it or lump it was the response to these concerns I seem to recall. Pariah, Pyramid and Parthenon are examples that spring to mind. The new versions are just not as much fun, like cover versions of classic tunes, they may be technically better but they lost the essence in the process. Bizarre really because so many clear server killers like Jungle are inexplicably persisted with despite drastic reductions in numbers every time they appear.

It's easy to say that this is just a trial but it could easily lead to a complete change in the setup of server 2. Say the day shift is successful and a new set of regulars start demanding that the day time structure be extended into the evening. Maybe Moe would resist for a while but current regulars might just give up the unequal struggle and go elsewhere, then he would have nothing to argue for. You might say that it would be best for UKCS, but the people here already are the ones that constitute UKCS and have made it what it is.

I think you would do well to desist treating your Admins and regulars like naughty School kids and take their concerns seriously. It could be this attitude that has led the server to the situation it is now.
LazyGun

Player: Skaffen-Amtiskaw
STEAM_0:0:13745738

Postby BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Take a step back all of you and take a deep breath. We don't need UKCS people vs UKCS people thing on our hands! We are all UKCS people and we all love UKCS! And UKCS#2 people If we help eachother out and show them that UKCS#2 is still popular this will all go away. Me for once need to learn a lesson from this.
GREEN SPAM!
Sponsored By Blax!
I am 56% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS]
Home Member

Player: |Proud.Swede!| iBlax!
STEAM_0:1:6005557

Postby hagz on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 pm

there is no trial ladies and gents i think that we seem to be missing this. all that has happened is that someone asked a question (a perfectly legitimate question) and a couple of people posted opinions. Now there opinions appear to be stone walled certainty. LD has stated that this has not even been discussed (except here) in the admin area or anywhere else for that matter.

incidentally vanilla maps are simply the maps that ship with CSS

cs_italy
de_dust
de_aztec
de_cbble
cs_office
de_chateau
de_dust2
de_piranesi
cs_havana
de_prodigy
cs_compound
de_train
de_tides
de_port
de_inferno
cs_assault
de_nuke
cs_militia
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby irishkev666 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

holy god its only sunday but still out of that list the only maps that are not played on two are about 5 maps !!! are you telling me all this is over five maps ??? and the main one is inferno !!!! with there is a cover for !! :scratch: ps i do love that cats eyes !!! he see's my rage grow !

irishkev666
UKCS Sponsor

Postby WB.GOAT on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

#TeamRapidByte! UKCS has become a joke people who arent even hacking are being banned constantly by admins who just think they are better than everybody else, and as for events the last event i seen was the christmas event which was run and held by rapid herself so in my personal opinion its a shame she left cause she was the only one that acctually was any use!. :cheers:

WB.GOAT
Recruit Member

Player: .:WB:. GOAT
STEAM_0:0:48396859

Postby BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 pm

WB.GOAT wrote:#TeamRapidByte! UKCS has become a joke people who arent even hacking are being banned constantly by admins who just think they are better than everybody else, and as for events the last event i seen was the christmas event which was run and held by rapid herself so in my personal opinion its a shame she left cause she was the only one that acctually was any use!. :cheers:

GOAT don't make this a UKCS vs UKCS thing :(.
GREEN SPAM!
Sponsored By Blax!
I am 56% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS]
Home Member

Player: |Proud.Swede!| iBlax!
STEAM_0:1:6005557

Postby Snake'soul on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Hello everyone,

Well if you want to put those "vanilla" maps during the day i don't see any problem (if it's for the good of the server), but please don't make server 2 like server 1. I'm not talking about the maps itself, but also the camping and boring rounds... I started to play on server 1, but got fed up of those camping players that would just look at the score and ranking (i can't also forget i learned a lot just looking how other players played the game as LuckyNv or jihnn, rambo, and all the good players once played there (BTW where are they?).
After some time i saw there's another server, server 2 was the name.
I thought i could give it a go, people on this server were more friendly, and less camping (this was maybe 5 or 6 years ago or even more). And i just felt i had a new place called home. :)
Yes servers sometimes are almost empty, mainly because:
- people started to play other online games, but like i say no matter what games are launched people always return to old css.
- they see someone hacking and go away..
- lacks someone like an admin to calm things down when some hacker or cheater drops by...
- somekind of connection problems?
I've seen many players coming and going away during these years i've been playing, but there's always someone regular and friendly.
So don't change this and the community of server 2 will thank you :)

Last edited by Snake'soul on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snake'soul
Recruit Member

Player: SnakeSoul
STEAM_0:1:6150102

Postby WB.GOAT on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 pm

BLaXRa\/eN[SweCS] wrote:
WB.GOAT wrote:#TeamRapidByte! UKCS has become a joke people who arent even hacking are being banned constantly by admins who just think they are better than everybody else, and as for events the last event i seen was the christmas event which was run and held by rapid herself so in my personal opinion its a shame she left cause she was the only one that acctually was any use!. :cheers:

GOAT don't make this a UKCS vs UKCS thing :(.[

im not making it a UKCS vs UKCS thing at all, im just stating a fact that Rapid held events and made things happen the other admins do not. For example the admin V player event everything was "in place" then the night of the event it all collapsed.

WB.GOAT
Recruit Member

Player: .:WB:. GOAT
STEAM_0:0:48396859

PreviousNext

Return to Maps : CSS