de_aztec_ukcs_a1

CSS Map Discussion (Not for map development, see other forum)

de_aztec_ukcs_a1

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:15 pm

A remake of the original map that looks promising.

I like the map with a few players on it, but it becomes the same old boring Aztec with a larger number of players on it.

If we start from the right side from T spawn, what was the bridge initially looks promising, but CT can easily snipe the crossing from below, far easier than they could before.
Underneath by what was the water way is a none runner. Through the double doors has and always will be a pain, and needs a concerted rush. What did look promising when there were lower numbers, was the route nearest the left of T spawn, however this is just far too open and lends itself to sniper fire, far too easily.

In all a CT biased map, particularly with a large number of players.

These are just my personal comments and I know that Lurky is still working on it, so there is room for improvement.

Please leave your comments/review of this map, so that the map makers can improve it to your satisfaction.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Re: de_aztec_ukcs_a1

Postby moe_guays on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:41 pm

I liked the map... Will fit in well with the maps on rotation on both #1 and #2. :cheers:
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: ☠ ᴹᴼᴲ
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby hagz on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:19 pm

looks good to me i quite like aztec
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby Little_Devil on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Ran a test this evening. Feedback was mixed again, with a comment about missing the bridge, I can see the validity of the comment, and as usual players say things without giving it much thought or as to a reason why they miss the bridge.
My feeling is that it was harder for someone to snipe the bridge crossing from below on the original map, and now it is relatively easy as the walk way has a less acute angle and is far more open to attack from that angle. I like the walk way as it does give slightly more cover from being attacked by CT, on the same level, when T try to cross the bridge.
I would say keep the walk way, but try to obscure it more from those below.
What do other think on this ?

I will run another test to get more feedback.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Azzy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:59 am

It's hard not to play this map and think, it's aztec and with large numbers I'm not sure how it will work. However, when playing this last night, as a CT, I did see more T's than normal. Sniping from the left side of CT spawn. As a T, I like the new little cubby hole, however, there are at least 5 people watching this at all times, meaning T's can run in there and get mauled by people. Maybe a corridor similar to that as if you went through double doors as a T and went right, boxes and pillars to hide behind and would make the left side of Double Doors more open.

Only initial thoughts on the map so far, would need a few more runs to venture more around the map.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Use the UKCS Uploader to upload images/files.
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Player: Azzy
STEAM_0:1:7114108

Postby thib95 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, it's a frustating map as T ... :?

We should be able to jump here :

thib95
Recruit Member

Player: thib
STEAM_0:1:18899595