New Phone

Talk about anything and everything that doesn't fit one of the categories above.

Re: New Phone

Postby Canaletto on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am

Mez wrote:
Canaletto wrote:and the iphone is for noobs :D

NO!

Personally I wouldn't touch anything other than an iPhone 4S which I have now. Look on eBay if you are on a budget.

n00b!!! :D

Canaletto
Home Member

Player: MannyTheManny
STEAM_0:1:4318485

Postby BenJy! on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 am

HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Atrix, Sony Xperia S or LG Optimus 2X.

Best thing to do is go into a shop, pick them up and have a play around. It's one thing to have a good deal on the phone and another for the phone to feel comfortable in your hands and have the right content for you.
BenJy!
UKCS Sponsor

Player: GGGhost!
STEAM_0:1:10348274

Postby KaTTa on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 am

It might be a bit over your budget, but I would recommend the Galaxy Nexus. The battery life wasn't that good the first week or so, now it holds the charge for 2-3 days instead of 12 hours, and if that's not enough just buy the bigger 4G/LTE battery. :D
KaTTa
Home Member

Player: KaTTa
STEAM_0:0:25459580

Postby Ger-h on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Tanx for all your input. does anyone know is the HTC Wildfire S Slate Grey a good phone. it's the cheapest htc around. (which will not blow my budget)
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby ScrewMeh* on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I have heard from a few friends, all who have owned recent htc releases that have said they had a lot of problems with them. Personally I recommend the iphone 4s. Since I have had one, it has made things so much easier for me. The range of apps and stuff that just make everyday life that much easier, along with an ipod being built in :)
Kaworu wrote:One screweh is bad enough, 10 would be.. well.. the world wouldnt recover.

Bring back Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScrewMeh*
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ScrewMeh* roll on i58
STEAM_0:1:7319521

Postby MDNZ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

ScrewMeh* wrote:I have heard from a few friends, all who have owned recent htc releases that have said they had a lot of problems with them. Personally I recommend the iphone 4s. Since I have had one, it has made things so much easier for me. The range of apps and stuff that just make everyday life that much easier, along with an ipod being built in :)

Exactly, there are also lots of cheap iPhone 3GS and 4's on eBay, scan around for them a bit. You'll not regret it.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

MDNZ

Player: MDNZ
STEAM_0:1:18125210

Postby Ger-h on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 pm

MDNZ wrote:
ScrewMeh* wrote:I have heard from a few friends, all who have owned recent htc releases that have said they had a lot of problems with them. Personally I recommend the iphone 4s. Since I have had one, it has made things so much easier for me. The range of apps and stuff that just make everyday life that much easier, along with an ipod being built in :)

Exactly, there are also lots of cheap iPhone 3GS and 4's on eBay, scan around for them a bit. You'll not regret it.

I don't really like the i phones. there one phone which i really don't like. :|.

plus i use my phone more for the internet than for texting and i don't mind topping up for 20 euro a month for free calls and texts. than paying 40 euro for bill pay
Last edited by Ger-h on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Shuriken on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:22 pm

The wife cannot stand her htc wildfire, has to charge it every day, sometimes twice, can't see on-screen characters under her fingers and shouts at the htc version of the app store whenever she has to use it lol.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby astro on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:38 pm

i have a blackberry pearl, use it for e-mail, phone etc ... (work + personal) and it has a battery life of 2-3 days ... 02 simplicity price plan with blackberry addon at around 15£ per month ... unlimited texts, 400 minuets, and 300meg bandwith allowance (i havent gone over it yet) ... got the pearl on ebay for £30 .. suits me,
astro
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: A*-
STEAM_0:1:9537458

Postby MDNZ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Ger-h wrote:
MDNZ wrote:

I don't really like the i phones. there one phone which i really don't like. :|.

Just curious - have you ever used one for a long time and if so, what didn't you like about it?
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

MDNZ

Player: MDNZ
STEAM_0:1:18125210

Postby Ger-h on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I only used a iphone about three or four times for a couple of minutes. To me it feels very heavy and it looks like a brick.

It's one phone which i really don't like. maybe am strange but i just don't like it. (sorry) :|
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby EWJ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Simon has a wildfire.. its crap.. awful phone.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby ScrewMeh* on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 pm

At first I was not fond of my iPhone. Took me about 2/3 days to get the hang of it fully. I love the thing now. The 4s is pretty damn light.

I'm paying £30 a month at the moment, with 500mb internet, unlimited texts and 600minutes. This will be a lot cheaper when I drop my minutes next month (have to keep at the set up contract for the first few months but then you can change it) to around 100-200 minutes. I'll be looking at about £18-26 a month :)
Kaworu wrote:One screweh is bad enough, 10 would be.. well.. the world wouldnt recover.

Bring back Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScrewMeh*
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ScrewMeh* roll on i58
STEAM_0:1:7319521

Postby Ger-h on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:34 pm

ScrewMeh* wrote:At first I was not fond of my iPhone. Took me about 2/3 days to get the hang of it fully. I love the thing now. The 4s is pretty damn light.

I'm paying £30 a month at the moment, with 500mb internet, unlimited texts and 600minutes. This will be a lot cheaper when I drop my minutes next month (have to keep at the set up contract for the first few months but then you can change it) to around 100-200 minutes. I'll be looking at about £18-26 a month :)

i would love to try the i phone but its well over my budget. :P
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Ger-h on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Ger-h wrote:
ScrewMeh* wrote:At first I was not fond of my iPhone. Took me about 2/3 days to get the hang of it fully. I love the thing now. The 4s is pretty damn light.

i would love to try the i phone but its well over my budget. :P
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby nevvy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 pm

i got a nokia lumia 800 in november and i dont regret it in the slightest. battery life is good, windows phone 7.5 is super smooooth too. it is missing a keyboard and proper push email (like my old blackberry curve).

everyone will go "oh you got one of those crappy windows mobiles" then they'll play with it and like it. get a blue one though, it looks better in blue.

Standing on the point since beta Retired pointstander
nevvy
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Nevvy
STEAM_0:0:5372127

Postby Ger-h on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

nevvy wrote:i got a nokia lumia 800 in november and i dont regret it in the slightest. battery life is good, windows phone 7.5 is super smooooth too. it is missing a keyboard and proper push email (like my old blackberry curve).

everyone will go "oh you got one of those crappy windows mobiles" then they'll play with it and like it. get a blue one though, it looks better in blue.

it look's like a very good phone just one problem it's well over my budget :|
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Security on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:29 pm

So entertaining to see people discuss the phone they have/want but which are outside of the OP's budget. :P
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby BenJy! on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:58 am

Shuriken wrote:The wife cannot stand her htc wildfire, has to charge it every day.

I had this problem the first few days with my HTC Sensation XE, then I realized it was the live widgets making my battery die by constantly refreshing Facebook/Twitter/BBC News/Google News/Weather Widgets. I got rid of all my on screen widgets and now get a good 3-4 days of battery life.
BenJy!
UKCS Sponsor

Player: GGGhost!
STEAM_0:1:10348274

Postby nevvy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Ger-h wrote:
nevvy wrote:blah.

it look's like a very good phone just one problem it's well over my budget :|

the lumia 710 is not as nice looking but cheaper and virtually the same spec. the budget was in euro's and i have no idea how much phones cost in europe! im sure there are other windows phones out there, i was trying to make the point that android isn't your only choice, not that the lumia 800 is the only phone in the universe.

Standing on the point since beta Retired pointstander
nevvy
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Nevvy
STEAM_0:0:5372127

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic