Famous/Influential Quotations

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Famous/Influential Quotations

Postby Silkie on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:31 pm

I drink coffee because I love the taste and it prevents me from killing people.

Pretty much why people don't list me along side Vlad the impaler and yes I freely admit caffeine is a drug and I am addicted to it. :coffee:
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Re: Famous/Influential Quotations

Postby Silkie on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:22 pm

When I was younger and angrier I had this memorised off by heart for whenever I heard people say god works in mysterious ways.

“There's nothing mysterious about it, He's not working at all. He's playing. Or else He's forgotten all about us. That's the kind of God you people talk about, a country bumpkin, a clumsy, bungling, brainless, conceited, uncouth hayseed. Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth decay in His divine system of Creation? What in the world was running through that warped, evil, scatological mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel movements? Why in the world did He ever create pain?”
― Joseph Heller, Catch 22
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Previous

Return to Thinkers Topics