Weed

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Weed

Postby Haze on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 am

how can their be a 450% chance?!?!?

Haze
Old Timer

Player: Haze
STEAM_0:0:781187

Postby Mr Tortoise on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 am

dudes

weed has ben around since before 1640

there is a french translation for it in queen marys french book ... along with lady-boy and cocaine. Yes i had a fun weekend.

There are 2 kinds of peole in this world ... those that make their own mind up about things and those that simply vehlmently defend what they ahve been told.

At the end of the day it is all just chemicals ... we consume. As soon as you start atteching particular status on some chemicals over others.
the legislation to do with weed was attached to a bill in america and it was passed almost by accident becays eeverybdy wanted to go home. In the UK we followed suit very shortly after.

Besides I really don;t care what the legal status of it is. If I want to do something the law really isn't a deterrant its simply a possible consequence that gets factored in.

the simple truth of th ematter is this, by having it illegal you are creating an industry worth millions in this country that is unregulated and uncontrolled. The price of weed is going up, its quality is becoming highly artificial and it is probably being laced with cocaine simply because that is what dealers want to be selling.

Weed really is a ot less worse for you than alcohol and that is from around 16 years experience of both.

remember you *do not* have to smoke weed, in fact smoking it destroys most of it ....

Just generally on the subject of drugs,

the simply matter of fact is that you are already a certain percentage through your life ... personally im 33% ... you may be closer to 16%.
Adding a year heere or there really wont make much difference. How do you want to live? Do you want to experience everything there is to experience?
People jum out of planes for giggles, other run marathons and others hav ea curious interest in what happens when you alter the chemical balances in the brain.

Taking drugs is nto somethng i regret nor discourage others from doing. It is soemthing i would say be very careful about because you have no idea where they have come from.

The assumptino of most people saying no to weed is that drugs are bad ... it is you that is making them bad you judgemental fool. Time to make caffine illegal i think because it has more negative effects than good.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Postby Wizav on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 am

Its something to do with the brain/body not being fully developed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6162217.stm

http://diversesanctuary.ning.com/profil ... bis-use-at

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/325/7374/1195

There are endless links and stats of what cannabis does to people.

Yes young people shouldnt smoke it , but how many teenagers drink alcohol or smoke tobbaco at a young age? If cannabis was legal there would be no way to stop young people trying it and there would be a very high increase in those that do if access to it was so easy.

I mean come on how many people are going to wait untill there 21+ before they have a smoke?

Mental health problems would sky rocket within a year of it being legal.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Zircon on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Once again that is a matter of regulation.
Kids can buy drugs whether they're illegal or not but there's a bigger chance "to get caught" if cannabis was legal and sold in special shops.
Who'se more likely to ask for ID?
A. A drug dealer (criminal)
B. A salesman who'se license to sell is in jeopardy if he sells to an underaged kid
?

I'm just saying that there is a better system than the current prohibition law (see Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands...).
I want my freedom. :?
gah, whatever. It seems to me that Wizav doesn't even want to know about the pro-cannabis aspects :/
The Union... You gotta see it.
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Duane
STEAM_0:0:9874604

Postby Wizav on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Kids can buy drugs whether they're illegal or not but there's a bigger chance "to get caught" if cannabis was legal and sold in special shops.
B. A salesman who'se license to sell is in jeopardy if he sells to an underaged kid

Since when did needing ID stop any kid getting anything. All you have to do is stand outside the shop and ask someone to buy it for you. Its how almost every kid on the planet gets alcohol and ciggerettes while underage. And it dosent take long atall ussualy the first 3 people u ask will say yes.

And gaining access to a shop is about 100 times faster and easier than a drug dealer.

It seems to me that Wizav doesn't even want to know about the pro-cannabis aspects

Why dont you tell everyone the pro-cannabis aspects. Thats what this thread is for , give your side of the arguement. Im not 100% against weed being illegal , ive just not heard any good enough reasons why it should be legal.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Zircon on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Wizav wrote:Why dont you tell everyone the pro-cannabis aspects. Thats what this thread is for , give your side of the arguement. Im not 100% against weed being illegal , ive just not heard any good enough reasons why it should be legal.

They're all in The Union. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4651731007
Last time I'm posting that clip.

EDIT* What if there was an age limit for cannabis but it wasn't in stores. Then all the grown ups could grow their own but for the underaged it would still remain illegal?
Won't solve the problem of illegal distribution if selling is prohibited though...
Meh :(
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Master Yoda on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:35 pm

If someone invented tobacco and alcohol today they'd be illegal instantly. But as everyone knows the profit from them is huge.

I have not read the whole topic so I might be repeating something or just off the debate, but if anyone used the argument "alcohol is legal so then should weed be aswell LOL" is imo completely off because as written above - alcohol is only legal because it has been around for so long and makes so much moneys.
shotz: i rish u cant
Well spoken shotz, very well spoken.
Master Yoda
Old Timer

Player: yoda.ftw|
STEAM_0:0:18859626

Postby Zircon on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 am

Cannabis has been around for a long time as well (~5000 years) and it could make loads of money. :(
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:13 am

It cant be taxed i dont think. And no money will goto the goverment and thats a bad thing imo.

Beer and ciggerettes are bad also but at least the tax revenue they create lets the goverment spend on alot of things such as new schools , hospitals , police , fireman , facilities etc etc.

Legal weed will just make people and companies rich pretty much no different to how it is now. Instead of cartels and drug dealers however they would just be known as legal buisnessmen.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Aceo on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:09 pm

And since legal businessmen can be taxed, it would help provide:
new schools , hospitals , police , fireman , facilities etc etc.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby Mr Tortoise on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:39 pm

since when did id stop kids .....

that is not an argument.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:56 pm

It is when someone says

B. is irrelevant since kids never need ID.

And since legal businessmen can be taxed, it would help provide:

Im pretty sure you can only be charged tax if what your selling has tax. If what your selling has no tax charges then you dont owe the goverment a single penny.

If that was the case dealers would be charged for tax evasion and recieve tax charges much like the tax evasion problems with ciggerettes and people bringing hordes from aboard and selling it tax free.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Zircon on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Wizav wrote:Im pretty sure you can only be charged tax if what your selling has tax. If what your selling has no tax charges then you dont owe the goverment a single penny.

If that was the case dealers would be charged for tax evasion and recieve tax charges much like the tax evasion problems with ciggerettes and people bringing hordes from aboard and selling it tax free.

I don't know what's the situation in UK but in Finland alcohol is hardly taxed. Some people take boat trips to Tallinn to buy loads of cheap alcohol but without doubt most of it is bough in Finland. There are limitations for importing items like that. There couldn't be limitations for cannabis, eh? There SHOULD be limitations for that.
Would you travel to e.g. France to buy cheaper weed when you could get it legally in your home country!?
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Would you travel to e.g. France to buy cheaper weed when you could get it legally in your home country!?

I wouldnt travel there if the weed was free and my ticket was paid for. I simply cannot stand french people.

And if weed was legal you wouldnt need to travel anywhere. Everyone would just grow there own.

UK population will never settle for the system amsterdam currently uses. If i recall its illegal to grow and sell. But not illegal to buy, im not sure about that i might be wrong. Plus we will always have access to illegally imported drugs that are tax free and cheap. Even tabbaco is imported heavily still. In my town you can buy £140 worth of top brand tabacco for £45.

That makes me think of another issue. Legalising cannabis will boost the illegal drug dealing. some people that smoke cannabis will try harder drugs. In my experience roughly 50% of people who smoke cannabis will also try speed,Extasy and 30% of those will then go on to trying cocaine with a 1-5% trying heorin. Not obviously varies from location to location.

There would be big increase in demand for harder drugs and with that would follow alot more crime. We already have a generation of chav,teenager wannabe rappers.

Making it legal for them to smoke cannabis is really not helping the problem atall.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Mr Tortoise on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 am

there is nothing wrong with beer and cigarettes

why woul dyou want to make them illegal?

again you are using the argument that because there will still be illagal avenues of purchase that makes the legit ones pointless.
This is not an argument - I can buy almost anything illegally from alcohol, tabacco to a lot of medicines.

You forget 3 problems

1) I dont trust dealers
2) dealers will sell you short
3) they often have crap quality
4) I dont trust dealers

I'd buy from a legal outlet simply because then i know what im getting and will get it every time with no risk.
Moreover I dont have to wait some arbitrary time between 15mins - 2 hours for some lazy assed stoner to get his over to mine and then try to pimp all kind sof other shit.

there are many positive benefits to legalising this stuff.

LOL gateway drug arguments ... and where is your evidence.

I can show you that one of the reasons i want them legal is that i dont have to talk to a dealer who is then going to offer me some coke or whatever else he has on him.

Them being illegal is the gateway because you get dealers who spike their weed and just generally mention coke at every opportunity to try and get people to start using them to get it. Then when you finally do, its cut to shit with all kind sof nastyness and you get horribly ripped off.

Besides there is no evidence for the gateway drug argument ... you woul dhave to be able to show that the people who move onto harder drugs wouldn;t of done that anyway ... which you can't. Also the majority of people who have smoked at all have also smoked wed and most of them are not skag heads now are they?

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Also the majority of people who have smoked at all have also smoked wed and most of them are not skag heads now are they?

I didnt say that. And i said it was from my experience and obviously varies from location.

But at least 50% of people who smoke weed FROM MY EXPERIENCE will then try speed and pills and the lesser drugs. Of those 50% , 30% of them will then try Cocaine. And a mere 1-5% will try heroin.

I didnt say all people that smoke weed turn into skag heads. 1-5% do.

I dont want to make beer and ciggerettes illegal , when did i say that?

You forget 3 problems

1) I dont trust dealers
2) dealers will sell you short
3) they often have crap quality
4) I dont trust dealers

1) Most people who do drugs dont care who sells them drugs or where it comes from
2) Only if your an idiot.
3) Only an idiot will buy crap quality.
4) Most people who do drugs dont care who sells them drugs or where it comes from
5) Most people who do drugs are idiots.

That about sums it up i think.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Haze on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:52 pm

why have you put 5 replies?

1) yes I do care who I buy from and where it comes from

2) dealers will sell you short, I'm not an idiot

3) some times crap stuff is better than no stuff, its all relative

4) yes I do care who I buy.... wait a sec...

5) you're an idiot to make that statement, did you know freud was a coke head? in fact I'm gonna assume on your level for a change, that most of the people you know are in fact idiots, so you make this statement, you must live in a small village or something.

i'm not a drug addict, I'm not an idiot, its ridiculous of you to suggest that my brain cells fall out my arse if I decide to partake.

Haze
Old Timer

Player: Haze
STEAM_0:0:781187

Postby Wizav on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:34 pm

I didnt say you , you muppet.

I said "Most". And yes my used to be friends are idiots. There all wasters sniffing cocaine now.

Wish i could give the druggie popluation an IQ test, I bet at least 70% of them would get below average. The only people that would get an average/decent score are those that do drugs at college/uni.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Zircon on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Wizav wrote:But at least 50% of people who smoke weed FROM MY EXPERIENCE will then try speed and pills and the lesser drugs. Of those 50% , 30% of them will then try Cocaine. And a mere 1-5% will try heroin.
1) Most people who do drugs dont care who sells them drugs or where it comes from
2) Only if your an idiot.
3) Only an idiot will buy crap quality.
4) Most people who do drugs dont care who sells them drugs or where it comes from
5) Most people who do drugs are idiots.

That about sums it up i think.

Your experience is unique. Since when did your experience become better argument for legalization than scientific and statistical facts. Besides the topic was about cannabis, not drugs. You shouldn't even put cannabis in the same sentence with heroin, cocaine or pills (which I just did -.-). The people buying dangerous drugs are probably idiots if they know about the dangers of those drugs.
It seems that I'm not in your "Most-category" :P phew

This just reminds me of "12 Angry Men". Anyone else?
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:35 am

Im just going to pop in here; Cant you go practically insanse from smoking cannabis? (Skitzofrenia or /we its called)
Does that not make it incredibly dangerous? There's no way I would even want that chance
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

PreviousNext

Return to Thinkers Topics