Weed

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Weed

Postby Wizav on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:27 am

Yes you can thats my main arguement everyone seems to disagree with. Just because them and there friends might be ok.

It only takes a few seconds to see how many people are in mental homes or visit phychologists because of the damage cannabis did to them.

People say alcohol has a higher chance of causing phychosis but compare how many people in UK drink to how many smoke weed.

Then compare how many people get mental health problems. It seems weed has about a 2000% higher chance of fucking you up. There's even a hotline setup for this in the UK called Talk to Frank.

One of the adverts shows all the effects of cannabis. Theres a guy sat on his couch stoned then clones of himself show up called paranoia , munchies , anxiety , panic attacks and a couple others.

I dont see any alcohol adverts warning the public of how bad it can effect your mental health.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Haze on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:12 pm

instead we have warnings about the risks of alcohol.

the risk that makes you a potential killer

and the risk that makes you put yourself in dangerous situations because you are not in control of yourself

quoted from BBC webbie
Hospital admissions linked to alcohol use have more than doubled in England since 1995, an NHS report shows.
Alcohol was the main or secondary cause of 207,800 NHS admissions in 2006/7, compared to 93,500 in 1995/96.
There has also been a 20% rise in the number of GP prescriptions for treating alcohol dependency in the past four years, the NHS Information Centre said.
The British Liver Trust warned that the health impact of alcohol would only get worse in years to come.

you cant sit there and tell me absolutely that weed is worse than alcohol, they are both bad FACT.

one may give you skitzophrenia, the other a dialysis machine.

sad fact is, if something is enjoyable, it tends to have risks associated with it :)

Haze
Old Timer

Player: Haze
STEAM_0:0:781187

Postby Wizav on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Yeah thats true i know alcohol is bad. But most of those stats are probaly due to getting to drunk , Fighting , falling over etc etc.

People have controll over how much they drink and you only ever become out of control when you drink too much and black out etc.

I know people also controll how much cannabis they smoke but they have far less controll over what it does to them. For instance ive seen several people take only a single toke on a spliff , Whitey become sick and very scared,paranoid. In others it can instatly trigger mental health issues.

Also most of the effects of alcohol are short term. If you drink and become aggresive stupid etc you can just stop drinking and return to normal. With cannabis most of its effects are long term. You cant smoke cannabis damage your mental health then decide to not smoke it again and be alright.

Alcohol isnt that bad , its the people drinking it not being responsible thats bad. If your Responsible with your drinking and take it slow and steady theres a very low chance anything bad will happen.

How responsible you are with cannabis is irrelivant most of the time as you cannot control what cannabis does to you in the same way you can with alcohol.

Saying alcohol is bad because some people are irresponsible with it is like saying food is bad because fat people eat too much.

Let's say you have 1 million responsible people drinking alcohol And 1 million responsible people smoking cannabis.

Out of both groups who do you think will be effected more in terms of mental health problems, anxiety , memory , social skills , paranoia , depression etc etc

You only have to walk into a pub and speak to people for a several minutes and then speak to a group of stoners to answer that question, Most of the time you can just see there mental health and dont even need to speak to either group.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Haze on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 pm

low level cannabis use has low risks, I know this because I've read the papers supplied to students studying cognitive science.

if you want to smoke it, you have to be prepared for a certain amount of risk with certain levels of use.

I KNOW weed is bad, from first hand use, I also know that people are unwilling to accept the side effects of cannabis, quite often using macho bravado to "brush it aside"

for example the paranoia, I experience this when I smoke cannabis, as do a great number of people, however I know that the feeling is chemically stimulated and should not be entertained, I have watched others freaking out (I use the term loosely) from paranoia, worrying etc because they cannot differentiate between an enhanced feeling and their natural state.

acceptance is the key.

Haze
Old Timer

Postby bokkie on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:40 pm

selling and smoking its worse i got paranoid 2 fu*k still do but more is my memory, today i was at work and had to call the manager 3 times to ask what i needed to do as i just could not remember

i love it but my memory has suffered
bokkie
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mandela
STEAM_0:0:8956512

Postby Haze on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm

hehe word.

Haze
Old Timer

Postby ZeyOrk on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Does cannabis pretty much fu*k upp everything inside the human body? I heard so. I had a friend, he was an athlete a boxer, he was all pumped upp and tight as hell. He started smoking weed for like one month or so, and after one month, he looked terrible, couldnt recognize him. He looked like a bum, seriously.

I tried it once, but that was also the last time, made me choke as hell, I hate that shit, should burn all thoose plants.

Sincerly Yours( I am now Permanently a Property of KAN O )

ZeyOrk
ZeyOrk
UKCS Sponsor

Player: ZeyOrk
STEAM_0:0:316359

Postby Blast on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:47 pm

most people cough the first time =p
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Postby ZeyOrk on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:53 pm

hehe, It was my worst day, my throat hurt so much :(

Sincerly Yours( I am now Permanently a Property of KAN O )

ZeyOrk
ZeyOrk
UKCS Sponsor

Player: ZeyOrk
STEAM_0:0:316359

Postby Zeemlapje on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:30 am

ZeyOrk wrote:Does cannabis pretty much fu*k upp everything inside the human body? I heard so. I had a friend, he was an athlete a boxer, he was all pumped upp and tight as hell. He started smoking weed for like one month or so, and after one month, he looked terrible, couldnt recognize him. He looked like a bum, seriously.

No, it was your friend's own fault. I smoke weed every day yet I have lost a lot of fat and I'm also working out and I've got a better diet.

Gh0st.IRE wrote:Im just going to pop in here; Cant you go practically insanse from smoking cannabis? (Skitzofrenia or /we its called)
Does that not make it incredibly dangerous? There's no way I would even want that chance

I'm so high right now and so is my schizophrenic me, Jake.

No but seriously, cannabis use can only be a trigger. It's genetic, so just make sure your family doesn't suffer from schizophrenia.

Haze wrote:Acceptance is the key.

This. Same applies to all other psychedelics. If you can't accept a different state of mind it's just going to backfire.

Zeemlapje
Experienced Member

Player: 026 Райдер
STEAM_0:0:3548359

Postby Dr Phibes on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am

I've been smoking green for over 20 years and I am not addicted nor ever have been, it's not an addictive substance. I never smoke during the day, always in the evenings after dinner and one a bit later. I do it because I enjoy it, it's relaxing and I love having a smoke and playing TF2, for me the two go together like tea and biscuits. There are side-effects to smoking, it makes me slightly paranoid so I would never smoke if I knew I had to go out later or mother was coming for a visit.
If you're having a bad time on the stuff then smoke less or not at all. I smoke in single skinners with a pinch of green and this is enough for me, if you're burning an ounce of skunk a week then it will fuck your head up just the same as drinking a litre of whisky rather than half a shandy, moderation is key in all drug taking so find your comfortable level and stick to that.

Dr Phibes
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Sir Godfrey the Unwise
STEAM_0:0:4045424

Postby Haze on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I've been smoking green for over 20 years and I am not addicted nor ever have been

this sentence made me lol

Haze
Old Timer

Postby Wizav on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:11 pm

lmao quote of the week :D :D

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Aceo on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Judging by the sarcasm above, i'm guessing you all believe that you can't use it for long periods of time without becoming addicted?

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby Dr Phibes on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:57 pm

I deliberately wrote that sentence waiting for that response, so I'm pleased for you that you picked up on it. Now we can move on. Have you not done something more or less every day for many years because you enjoyed doing it, not because you had to do it? Two obvious things that come to mind are wanking and eating chocolate.

Dr Phibes
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Sir Godfrey the Unwise
STEAM_0:0:4045424

Postby Haze on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 pm

stop kidding yourself, a 20 year habit is an addiction, just the same as your tobacco addiction.

as for chocolate, sugar addictions are very easily formed, and since sugar comes in many many forms it would be harder to realise you have an addiction because you would not restrict yourself to just "chocolate"

as for wanking, sex addictions are common place, so what exactly is your point?

I am addicted to eating food, the withdrawal symptoms are severe, stomach pains, craving, weight loss etc.

I am addicted to breathing, the withdrawal symptoms are severe, burning of the lungs, skin turns an odd shade of blue, loss of focus and vision, loss of life.

Haze
Old Timer

Postby Wizav on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Wanking and chocolate are addictive...

They both produce happy chemicals in the brain that give you temporary highs. And a desire or need for that feeling is created resulting in requent wankings or eating of chocolate.

Millions of people are already addicted to caffeine its like 3rd most addictive substance on earth. And anyone that masturbates daily is clearly not getting enough or addicted.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wash on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Or bored.
Wash
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Washington Irving, Esquire
STEAM_0:1:5996500

Postby Wizav on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 am

Or bored.

We are talking about daily here for long periods of time. You'd have to be pretty sad to get bored every day with masturbation being your only outlet, In a sense thats the worse type of addiction because your relying on something to keep you happy.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Aceo on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Why is it addiction when it is something done purely for something to do. If i go outside and play football everyday for 20years, is that addiction? Or am I doing it for fun or health?

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

PreviousNext

Return to Thinkers Topics