Weed

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Weed

Postby lambnut on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 am

My x-wife do weed now and have for a long time and I still see her sometimes. She have money problems!(I do help her economically randomly) She do forget things!(Go fill her car at gasoline stations/markets to find out she forgot she didnt bring any money). She do drive car and smoke!

Yeah she do even go home at lunch break to have a siggy! She is surrounded by fools just like her self and they cheer each other up and say good things.

And me Im just stupid to see her, but its like paying for sex! I tried tell her about drugs is not good, she knows its bad for her, she stopped for while a few times, but she always go back.

Myself I have tried it and some cocain once, I started laugh but that was it! I think I sneezed most back out lol.

Hope she remember my dinner invitation on Thursday! She like my food and my massage chair, she claim its better than sex lol. The sex is not so good either than it was before, its like sideways all the time, same same. But its better than nothing or wanking lol.

Think twice about drugs!
Bruce
lambnut
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Lanson
STEAM_0:1:7733934

Postby Zircon on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:35 am

Bloody hell! Smoking and driving is frigging irresponsible. Does she do other drugs as well then?
When you're high you do stupid but harmless things (if you're not driving, working or operating heavy machinery :)) and probably your memory won't be that good after you've smoked but you will recover after the effects wear off. You're ex-wife shouldn't drive in the first place when she's drugged. That way she wouldn't forget about bringing the money. You gotta teach her some self control, mate :)
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Duane
STEAM_0:0:9874604

Postby Mr Tortoise on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:40 pm

it amazes me how many people take drugs and drive tbh

Its like the rason for not drink driving is that you could get caught ... not that you will kill someone eventually.

Which is kinda my poiint .... just because people are idiots doesn;t mean that drugs makes them idiots ... they are idots now an dwere most likley idiots before.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Postby Wizav on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Which is kinda my poiint .... just because people are idiots doesn;t mean that drugs makes them idiots ... they are idots now an dwere most likley idiots before.

I agree with that but the cause isnt always down to just being a plain idiot. alot of the time its drugs too.

I know loads of people that i wouldnt consider idiots. But after drink or drugs they get that "ahh it will be alright im unstoppable mindset" and decide to drive home or do other stupid things.

I once see a guy on drugs suddenly think he was a gold medalist gymnast and attempt to do a backflip on solid concrete. Idiot or not he wouldnt of done that sober. The super confidence boost from the drugs made that decision for him.

Most people never consider the consequences of what there doing while under the effects of drink or drugs.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Mr Tortoise on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 am

dude

alcohol does just that

Drugs do not cause people to act the way they do. People make decisions for themselves and are responsible for their own decisions. Do not take responsibility for behaviour away from the person acting it out. People who take drugs and steal are theives, its that simple. If you have a strong inclination towards doing something that you have to keep in check then maybe you should be evaluating wether taking something that lowers inhibitions is a good idea. People will not do anything more crazy on coke than they would on alcohol.

I have tried to run up a wall and do a back flip after drinking ... with suitiby comic results (the irony being that when I was 9-10 I could actually do that - 10 years later i had no chance.)

People do consider wether they should do things whilst on drugs ... that is yet another myth perpetuated by the whole 1950's beware the drug user add campaigns. personally I do not understand how someone can take hallucionagenics and then bite abus ... if you have ever taken them they you would know that that is *not* how they work. Moreover if you take a drug that distorts your view of reality that much without a carer ... you are an idiot and really shouldn;t be in the gene pool.

Drug users are very particular about the people and situations they take drugs in - they understand the need to look after one another. In fact that is one of the central things about that culture and is why people who start taking drugs feel like they have found somewhere they can belong.

People drive after taking drugs because the police dont have a good way to measure the effects of drugs on the spot.
Its that simple, its not to do with drugs, its because people manipulate rule based systems. Its a lassic behaviour of groups when presented with a metric for measuring effriciency at a task. rather than do the task well they start to perform activities that score well on the metric. Its human manture and is not something that is added by drugs.

There is a world of difference in how people act on drugs and classifications between the various drugs.

You give someone speed (which is class C - forsome unknown reason - the comnedown is utterly horrific) then yeah they may attempt to drive ... IF THEY ARE IDIOTS - but have seen it done regularly - much like people try to drive after 1-2 beers. My point is that this drug should NOT be classified as less dangerous than cannabis because its effects are more extreme, its comedown is more extreme, its effects on your body are more extreme, its addictive and moreover people think they are more in tune when really they have gone past alert into crazy anxious and actuallky have less concerntration on one particular thing. Its dangerous, you take it and you feel its effects for days in terms of feeling like shite. Morevoer its a chemical that feel slike it is burning any tissue it comes into contact with.

Then you ahve mdma ... same as speed really although thankfully its effects are far more lovy and so peopel are less likley to do anything because they either want to dance or flop over sopmeone. Again its addictive, has very clear mid term effects - in that you feel shit by wednesday and hammers your body. This drug falls into the same category as speed for me. This is also a chemical that feels like it is burning anything it comes into contact with.

If you give someone weed then yeah they might think they can drive ... however one really important thing abotu weed is this. Its effects are fairly short lasting and you can notice them. The real thing about weed is tha tyou have probably had a drink also and so cant drive anyway. Weeb is currently class B, has no comedown, doesnt induce agro behavious and generally makes people want to sit down and chill. The *only* reason for someone on weed to drive is to get more munchies ... and they probably cba with that either. Besides see bill hicks sketch ... its kinda accurate. the crazy thing is that it is rated higher than mdma and speed which *really* fuck people over the day after use. Weed is a plant, that has a nice smell and flavor. It can be prepared in a numbe rof interesting ways and used in cooking.

Coke, this is the drug you are really talking abnout. And you ar eright people will do stupid things because they are over confident ... THAT IS WHY IT IS A CLASS A DRUG. It is dangerous, addictive and very short lasting. fortunatley you cannot buy coke that is like what it was 10 years ago ... its cut lots now which is evidenced by the lack of change in price in comparison to say weed. This is another drug that feels lik eit burns anythign it comesinto contact with ... on the plus side its an insanley powerful pain killer ... so you wont notice as it disolves the inside of your nose or stomach - much like speed and mdma.

Then you move onto the real drugs, like heroin, crack and meth ... you cannot take these and drive ... you cannot take these and do ANYTHING. well a far as I know, I cant say I have played with or intend to go near them .. but i have seen their effects in numerous other people.

really there are only 3-4 mainstream drugs that you can take and then end up in a car ... weed is one of the ones whre peopel have more attention, ability to reason, short term memory (short term memory on speed is hilarious people forget what they were saying *all* the time, sme with mdma) and moreover ... their friends are more likley to realise that they are about to get into a catr and say something. Compare this with other drugs and you will find that most people will only notice that someone left the room 10-15 mins AFTER they have gone. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying you can drive on weed, the opposite. You ar ehowever more likley to decide not to srive after an smoke than the other drugs mentioed here - including aocohol.

One of the effects of weed is to make people more paranoid - this acts to self regulate peoples behaviour and is a sympton of smoking that runs totally counter to your over confidence.Morevoer it makes other people paranoid .. if anyone who cares for you is about then they are unlikley to let you drive.

I see where you are coming from, but you forget that the entire point of this thread is that weed has a bad name relative to other drugs ... yet almost every comparative study has shown that it is less dangerous to society than tobacco or alcohol. When you compare it to other drugs ... the differences are even more strongly underlined.

mdma + speed are far far harder drugs than weed and clearly hav emore in common with the other class A drugs.

In fact you will find that the vast majority of drug users smoke weed on comedown from other drugs because of its theraputic effects in these situations ... Nobody would ever take speed / m,dma / alcohol to try and take the edge of a comedown.

It is a very different drug and deserves to be tret so. Right now all you have is hysteria and people making claims that are unfoundedd and politicised.

The bottom line is this ... If my kids were to take any drugs ... I would choose weed and I would sleep easy. Anything else and ther are all kinds of worries. to buy class a drugs you get into very dangerous situations simply because of the money involved and the usually desperate nature of the dealers clientelle. With speed and mdma you *never* know what its cut with. Weed is a plant, its kinda hard to mess it up.

In fact i'd rasther they went out and smoked weed than the usual tobacco and alcohol route.
OFC i'd prefer they did nothing - but lets be realists.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Postby sEV on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:39 pm

alchool + drugs combined = rofltime
i drinked 7 shots already and a friend of mine ask´s me if i wanted to try a blunt, i was like sure ok.

so, u guys already know the feeling of being drunk, now, imagine the combination of a philosophical man with a pirate S:

when u wanna party, please drink alchool, OR, smoke weed. :D
if u do both, then GL with ur dignity :D (true story)

BTW, i did not read that huge blurr up there :O its huge look at it!
sEV
Recruit Member

Player: Kable
STEAM_0:1:13378938

Postby Zircon on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:08 pm

sEV wrote:BTW, i did not read that huge blurr up there :O its huge look at it!

/facepalm
Well, it's easy for you to say sEV. Drugs are decriminalised in Portugal. Mr Tortoise has once again said some wise words so pay attention :)
The word "drug" should be defined again. I get so angry when some ignorant people talk about drugs. As if they were putting heroin and cannabis to the same category.
My theory: If cannabis was legal, some of the hard drug users would switch to cannabis because it's an effective drug yet still easy to get --> They'll lessen their use of coke, heroin, whatever... If they can get rid of them but here's where weed could help them :)
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 pm

If cannabis was legal, some of the hard drug users would switch to cannabis because it's an effective drug yet still easy to get

hard drug users already smoke cannabis, Cannabis is already easy to get. making cannabis illegal will change absolutely nothing.

Actually two things will probaly change

1. Increased price.
2. Lower quality

Goverment will never sell good ammounts of good quality product for a good price. They will sell small ammounts for a high price so you run out and return to the shop and give them more tax.

Amsterdam is a good example a decent quality smoke like Super Silver Haze costs around 9 euro per gram. So an ounce will cost you around 250 euro. A little under 9,000 euro's for a Kilo.

A kilo of illegal cannabis where i live costs around £2500-£3000. A saving of over £5000.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Zircon on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Wizav wrote:Goverment will never sell good ammounts of good quality product for a good price. They will sell small ammounts for a high price so you run out and return to the shop and give them more tax.

That's not right. If something is illegal and still sold the dealers can name their price. This is called sellers market.
If you could buy cannabis legally you can really decide where to get it (that is if the government doesn't own the market and thus own the monopoly for it). This is called buyers market. Price is where the demand and supply meet.

Wizav wrote:Amsterdam is a good example a decent quality smoke like Super Silver Haze costs around 9 euro per gram. So an ounce will cost you around 250 euro. A little under 9,000 euro's for a Kilo.

A kilo of illegal cannabis where i live costs around £2500-£3000. A saving of over £5000.

Does that mean you can buy a gram and pay 2,5-3£. Or you mean to say you must buy a kilo to get it that cheap. What do you think it costs for the coffee shop to produce or buy a kilo of Super Silver Haze? Not 9000€ I can tell you that.
And btw, 9000€ is 7904£ so it's definitely not over £5000...
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:20 pm

And btw, 9000€ is 7904£ so it's definitely not over £5000...

I didnt know the exchange rates had changed. Most of the year it was around 1.1 Euro to the Pound almost no difference, I based prices on that. Even with the rates back to normal its still a huge saving of £4000+

that is if the government doesn't own the market and thus own the monopoly for it

Exactly. The goverment will never allow the public to grow and sell there own cannabis.

What do you think it costs for the coffee shop to produce or buy a kilo of Super Silver Haze? Not 9000€ I can tell you that.

Thats the point of my arguement. They do produce and buy it alot cheaper and sell it for a much higher price. Im not sure what point u was trying to make there?

Drug dealers do not have to pay tax and balance prices based on how much tax they are charged for shipping , packaging , growing etc. Goverment does.

It dosent matter how legal it becomes or who sells it legally , Illegal drugs will always be cheaper for the simple reason there are no tax charges.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Zircon on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Wizav wrote:
What do you think it costs for the coffee shop to produce or buy a kilo of Super Silver Haze? Not 9000€ I can tell you that.

Thats the point of my arguement. They do produce and buy it alot cheaper and sell it for a much higher price. I'm not sure what point u was trying to make there?

I meant that the coffee shop owner probably pays £2500-3000£ per kilo as well and then sells it to gain profit. I believe that's exactly the same what the drug dealers are doing.
By the way, why should we support criminals? Isn't it better to have quality guaranteed shops which give you tax money than a black market that doesn't even meet with consumer's quality and price demands.
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Ive never purchased any weed that didnt meet my consumer quality tbh.

in amsterdam the legal stuff is no better than stuff you can get on the streets and its twice the price almost. I fail to see how that meets cosumer quality. Same product for higher price is a bad deal.

Cannabis is cannabis nothing is added or taken away it's just grown. Goverment will make no better quality stuff than already exists. The only difference will be a fancy wrapper or packaging which increases cost and tax even further.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby CraKinShOt on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Long term Cannabis use = Schizophrenia. Trust me... Its not something you can "recover" from either. Once that door is open, it stays open.
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Player: Chubby Boy
STEAM_0:1:2985790

Postby Zircon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:56 am

Wizav wrote:Ive never purchased any weed that didnt meet my consumer quality tbh.

Maybe we shouldn't argue about this because the situation in Finland is different. On the streets you can get only cheap soap bar, bad weed, leaf, anything not than natural flower aka bud. There is a better quality on streets in UK I could imagine. Drug business is handled by eastern mob here and I really wouldn't want to do business with them (which I don't since I never buy cannabis. I smoke it if somebody handles me a joint). I'd rather buy it from someone with a license to it.
The economic part I'm talking about applies to Finland at least. I'm really not sure about other countries.
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am

No idea where the drug supply in UK comes from i would imagine alot of it comes from the carribean , south america and africa.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby bokkie on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 am

for me in my town we get alot imported from holland, also there is a constant supply of peng afgan hash.

personally i prefer my bud, unless im in holland and can have some royal jelly hash.

wivaz, do u get import up in your area?
bokkie
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mandela
STEAM_0:0:8956512

Postby Wizav on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:20 pm

No idea i dont really know where it comes from or how it gets here.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Dr Phibes on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 am

CraKinShOt wrote:Long term Cannabis use = Schizophrenia. Trust me... Its not something you can "recover" from either. Once that door is open, it stays open.

So, I've been smoking for over 20 years and I'm not schizophrenic, neither are any of my old friends who have been at it just as long if not longer, how does that fit in?

Dr Phibes
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Sir Godfrey the Unwise
STEAM_0:0:4045424

Postby Mez on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 am

Bit of a naive statement there Phibes - just because something hasn't happened to you directly doesn't mean it is false.

Mez
Old Timer

Player: Mez^
STEAM_0:1:3620511

Postby Zircon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 am

Some people are genetically more vulnerable to getting a psychosis or schizophrenia and drugs might just be the trigger for them.
And this happens to those who smoke a lot of weed and do it often. Have you seen an alcoholic who has been drinking on a daily basis for 10 years? You think he is mentally 100% stable?
Moderation, moderation and once again moderation!
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Thinkers Topics