Weed

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Weed

Postby Im over here! on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:47 am

Benjy's christmas sig was Father Chistmas rocking out on a guitar. :)
Nick
"We can't stop here! This is UKCS!!!"
Im over here!

Player: Binary Sunset
STEAM_0:1:6263112

Location: UKCS TF2 Server 2. Its where the cool people chill.

Postby Bob the Crab on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 am

Great movie

Bob the Crab
UKCS Sponsor

Player: BRUDDHA

Postby WAR on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:12 am

One question.

How many weed related deaths are there?.............None!

No wait!

ONE!

A WELSHMAN is thought to have become the first in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning.

Lee Maisey, 36, smoked more than 25,000 reefers during his 11-year addiction to the drug, which is due to be reduced to a Class C drug later this month.

from 2004!

Around 100 million from tobacco a year!

8,758 in 2006 for alchohol in britain!

I swear the reason it isn't legalised is because the goverment can't put taxes on it or something, and arresting the people that deal it and taking the money from it earns them more money. I'm not sure.

I used to smoke weed before my missus asked me to stop. And I did! Just like that! And I prefer it too alchohol aswell, I had alot of good times with it, especially demolishing a 8 pack of chocolate croissants and iced buns whilst watching mortal combat!

good times :D
TC- you sir, are one pain in the ass!
Imp- you've been offline for a while and you dont have a life. i am confused.
Kan- War is annoying to play against I will agree, but he isn't cheating.

:D

My Youtube account with TF2 videos of epic and win
WAR
UKCS Sponsor

Player: warhuryeah.gg
STEAM_0:1:18284023

Postby colossuss on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 am

Government can tax whatever they wish..

Weed does do terrible things to your memory. Don't smoke it whilst your young kiddies.
'
'
colossuss
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Colossuss
STEAM_0:1:20166590

Postby Master Yoda on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 pm

The reason the reported deaths are so low is because it's illegal eh?
If it was legalized so you could by weed as easy as alcohol it would result in the same numbers after a while.
shotz: i rish u cant
Well spoken shotz, very well spoken.
Master Yoda
Old Timer

Player: yoda.ftw|
STEAM_0:0:18859626

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 pm

Master Yoda wrote:The reason the reported deaths are so low is because it's illegal eh?
If it was legalized so you could by weed as easy as alcohol it would result in the same numbers after a while.

+1. Nice comment Yoda. Its a drug, its illegal for a reason.

I dont smoke Weed, Im only 16. But from what I've heard, weed, along with other drugs makes you act in an irrashionable behavior resulting in stupid "mistakes"...
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Haze on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:59 pm

maybe you should do some googling and find out why its illegal...

its not why you think.

Haze
Old Timer

Player: Haze
STEAM_0:0:781187

Postby DeanX on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 pm

colossuss wrote:Weed does do terrible things to your memory. Don't smoke it whilst your young kiddies.

gotta agree with this, smoked shit lots of Weed and i think ive suffered bad memory from it
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Player: DeanX
STEAM_0:0:4858412

Postby vex ichigo on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Master Yoda wrote:The reason the reported deaths are so low is because it's illegal eh?

yoda shooting people and drink driving is illegal too yet thats far more higher.......your logic baffles me!
vex ichigo
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Scyther Vex
STEAM_0:0:5625880

Postby Xerxes on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:01 pm

*Moved into "Thinker's Topic" due to the increasing level of debate. :)*
ImageImageImage

"I forgot about unspec" - ApacheFlame 05/02/15
Xerxes
UKCS Vice President
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Xerxes
STEAM_0:0:2949329

Postby Mr Tortoise on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:05 pm

the real problem with it is the people that produce most of it.

they arn't very nice.

So by legalising it the government would be effectivley subsidising them.

the figure on getting a fatal dose of cannabis is to smoke a spliff 1/2 a mile long i believe. You can't do it by normal means.
that means that it is actually a safer drug than paracetamol.

If you legalised it then yes the numbe rof incidents woul drise, but many would argue that the positive effects on their lives in the meantime are worth it. Afterall its not all that addictive (in comparison to say caffene) which means its easy to stop taking it. I know it was for me when i stopped for a year or so.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Postby BenJy! on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:10 pm

If it was legalized i presume the law would govern it like any other drug like alcohol or smoking. For instance, not driving any type of road worthy machine under the influence of it. Not doing it in local places much like cigarettes or drinking in public places. Mostly making it usable only at home where your safe and out of harms way, ish.
BenJy!
UKCS Sponsor

Player: GGGhost!
STEAM_0:1:10348274

Postby SupaSharpShoota on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:15 pm

Since I started it I have loads more friends...
SupaSharpShoota
Admin (Retired)

Player: SSS
STEAM_0:0:2275281

Postby FAMOUS on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:52 am

aooahahaha

newyears is grereat i smoked an OUNCE with 3 other people hahahaah

im soo monged xD
FAMOUS
Home Member

Player: ¦|FAMOUS¦|
TEAM_0:1:18001170

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:30 pm

vex ichigo wrote:

yoda shooting people and drink driving is illegal too yet thats far more higher.......your logic baffles me!

No, Your logicbaffles me.

You cant compare Weed to Murder.
Drink Driving is illegal. The substance, Alcohol is not illegal.

Someone please state why Weed is illegal then if (aimed towards those who've used it) see no bad side effects besides a loss of memory?
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Haze on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:43 pm

the problem is, the research of cannabis isnt generally done in the same format as most cannabis users, due to it being unethical, so the research is ill formed and far from complete.

alcohol is not illegal because it has been a huge cash cow for a long long time.

Im not going to sit here and type out the history of cannabis, so i suggest you type "why is cannabis illegal?" into google and spend 20 minutes reading the material you find.

Frankly I get sick of the "weed is bad because its illegal/weed is illegal because its bad" argument.

I was a heavy cannabis user for a long time, much much less now, and I have to admit that its not without its side effects, the 3 evils which I consider to be tobacco, alcohol and cannabis are all bad for you, in my opinion drink being the worst due to its total intoxicating effects, then tobacco due to its addictive nature and extreme long term health risks, then cannabis for its emotional/psychological risks, which depend heavily on the person who is using it, some will be affected a lot by it, others affected much less, as with all things that affect the human psyche its variable and there is no black and white.

Haze
Old Timer

Postby Haze on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:46 pm

BenJy! wrote:If it was legalized i presume the law would govern it like any other drug like alcohol or smoking. For instance, not driving any type of road worthy machine under the influence of it. Not doing it in local places much like cigarettes or drinking in public places. Mostly making it usable only at home where your safe and out of harms way, ish.

the road side sobriety tests have for some years now included the effects of cannabis and other drugs.

but it should be admitted that a few joints wont make you as dangerous on the road as perhaps a couple of pints, I should imagine it would make some people more cautious on the road due to the paranoia side effect :) and the constant need to stop for munchies of course =)

Haze
Old Timer

Postby Zeemlapje on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Thread music:

colossuss wrote:Government can tax whatever they wish..

Weed does do terrible things to your memory. Don't smoke it whilst your young kiddies.

It's going to be hard to put taxes on plants in someone's own backyard and ethanol kills your brain cells while the psychoactive substances in cannabis temporarly paralyze your braincells. THC only kills older and weaker cells but it stimulates the growth of new cells.
But I do agree that younger people shouldn't do cannabis too much. I've waited untill I turned 18 and was able to buy cannabis in coffeeshops myself. I smoke now and then in the evening after I'm done with my work, I also enjoy baking and eating hash brownies sometimes. :D

You should know how many people consume cannabis. When you look at the ratio of injuries and deaths from consuming ethanol, tobacco and cannabis it's still going to be the lowest and it will always be.
And I don't think a lot of people will buy cannabis if it's legalized. Most people are probably afraid because of the propaganda they've been fed. Only the current cannabis users will buy some now and then. I expect most people to grow their own since it's much more fun.
Ethanol and tobacco have killed thousands of people, why is it still legal? Because your goverment loves harvesting money from nicotine and ethanol addicts while they don't care about their health.
Gh0st.IRE wrote:+1. Nice comment Yoda. Its a drug, its illegal for a reason.

I dont smoke Weed, Im only 16. But from what I've heard, weed, along with other drugs makes you act in an irrashionable behavior resulting in stupid "mistakes"...

Actually, someone who has consumed cannabis is most likely to sit down and just listen to music, watch a movie, get social with others or eat some munchies. It's the idiots that combine other drugs like ethanol that make stupid decisions.
From all the times that I smoked cannabis or ate hash brownies I've never done anything stupid, unlike the times I was tipsy or drunk.
Last night is a great example. I was watching the fireworks while I was really high. I was just standing outside enjoying the fireworks while some drunkard was taking a piss in my friend's frontyard. Later there were some more drunkards just raging and shouting at my friends. While they were shouting at eachother I was just wondering why the hell people would look for trouble on new year's eve and not wish eachother a happy new year and hug or shake hands.

Cannabis has only been positive to me. I've never had a bad trip or done anything stupid and I'm planning to keep it that way. It even got me to stop drinking alcoholic beverages for weeks, I only drink a few beverages on special occasions now.

Cannabis is not going to kill you.
Cannabis is not going to make you jump out of windows.
Cannabis is not going to make you rage at others.
Cannabis is going to make you to appreciate life and it's beauty.
Cannabis is going to give you munchies. (So you better bring some snacks ;))

Last edited by Zeemlapje on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeemlapje
Experienced Member

Player: 026 Райдер
STEAM_0:0:3548359

Postby vex ichigo on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:07 pm

ghost if you didn't notice yoda said reported deaths due to weed and drink driving and shooting someone isn't murder if the LIVE. you clearly read what you want at that point. what i'm saying is that yoda's saying the number of deaths resulting in weed is low cause its illegal which is incorrect.

also no offense but weed can help people with many symptoms and can be prescribed by a doctor. oh and the main reason alcohol is legal is its a very nice taxable substance as well as tobacco.
vex ichigo
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Scyther Vex
STEAM_0:0:5625880

Postby Master Yoda on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:46 pm

How is that incorrect Vex?

It might not be 100% true, but to me it's seems pretty logic that something that is easy to buy - such as alchol compared to weed - will result in more injuires?

"yoda shooting people and drink driving is illegal too yet thats far more higher.......your logic baffles me!"
As logic said - you compared murder to a substance
I compared a substance to another substance and got the conclusion that the easier you can buy something, the more people will buy it and thus rate of injuries will rise.

Nice post btw zeem!
shotz: i rish u cant
Well spoken shotz, very well spoken.
Master Yoda
Old Timer

Player: yoda.ftw|
STEAM_0:0:18859626

PreviousNext

Return to Thinkers Topics