Black Kids Get Kicked Out Of Pool

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Black Kids Get Kicked Out Of Pool

Postby RazeRipz! on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:31 am

Absolutely atrocious :x

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok-XsH8gLdI&NR=1[/youtube]

I mean come on!
This just isn't the 60s where you see the KKK terrorizing blacks everywhere, but racism is all over the place and it will never die down or stop. It is just going to keep getting past on from generation to generation by ignorant people.
It sucks, but that is the world we live in. I'm not black but I'm certainly not a racist, I was completely annoyed when watching this video that's why i need to share it with you lot, to see what your views on this matter is like!
Because imo its just ridiculous, even little kids on games such as Xbox Live, PS3, and PC are making Racist remarks to others!

There is another rumour to this, were they being racist?
If you read the Valley club statement, they said "They fundamentally changed the atmosphere". I still think its stupid i mean kids are kids if they were messing around don't you think they could of handled the situation better, instead they offended them by being ignorant and saying stupid racist remarks.

Watch this Video to find out why it happened.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efMP45R-Wis&feature=fvw[/youtube]
RazeRipz!
Experienced Member

Player: Special Agent | BLAZEY ™
STEAM_0:0:12636728

Re: Black Kids Get Kicked Out Of Pool

Postby Xhiea on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:39 am

stupid americans what can you say.

Need help with signature text?

>>watch my video tutorial for help!<<
Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Xhiea is crap at css
STEAM_0:0:5403780

Postby Conan on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:36 am

*Belongs in thinker's topic*

Anyway, I'm still not convinced that they were being racist, and the biased reporting didn't really help. So they kicked 38(?) kids out of a pool. If they were white kids, racism wouldn't be a problem, but since they were black the racism horn gets blown. Now I can understand that the pool manager might have been acting in favour of his regular members who complained, but if they were complaining because they were black then this clearly is racism, if they were complaining because the pool was over-crowded then that was another matter. I'm still skeptical of believing those kids who say the mothers made racist remarks, I'm not saying they're lying, I'd just want more proof.

LEE ATWATER wrote:sometimes you eat the coconut and at other times it falls on your head and makes you cry
Conan
Experienced Member

Player: Fool
STEAM_0:0:13736282

Postby Wizav on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Is it just me or is it a bad idea to bring 30+ primary school kids to a day care swimming pool.

day care in england at least is full of small children and parents and if my kid was attending one i wouldnt want 30+ older school kids to suddenly show up and start pissing about.

Use a public sports pool or something and not a day care facility maybe?

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Mr Tortoise on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 am

philidelphia is a city that is mainly black - much like its neighbours washington and baltimore.

Its kind of hard to discriminate against the majority population surley?
I *SERIOUSLY* doubt that is true ... clearly you have never been to phili.

The whole thing about the mothers making racist remarks should make you think.

Angry parents ... make racist remarks ... ten think how can I cause trouble ....

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Postby CraKinShOt on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 pm

No, I find this a little weak as well. Assuming the library pictures shown at 2.00 mins are from the same place, there is a black woman and child there.

Essentially, if they were all white and the same thing happened people would accept: "The children were too loud" explaination. Because ALL the kids were black, they seem to think its about race.
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Player: Chubby Boy
STEAM_0:1:2985790

Postby Mr Tortoise on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 am

will be interesting if i can ever go

'Is it because i is white?'

another 20-30 years maybe ... the best part is that everyone will secretly feel like they deserve it.
And looking at history ... they probably ain't wrong.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby colossuss on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:38 am

Wizav wrote:Is it just me or is it a bad idea to bring 30+ primary school kids to a day care swimming pool.

day care in england at least is full of small children and parents and if my kid was attending one i wouldnt want 30+ older school kids to suddenly show up and start pissing about.

Use a public sports pool or something and not a day care facility maybe?

Exactly. Black people are always so quick to flash the racism card. It could quite simpley be that the pool isnt large enough to accomodate that many children. Did you know that in England there can only be 15 people per lifeguard? I would know, I use to be one.
'
'
colossuss
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Colossuss
STEAM_0:1:20166590

Postby Mr Tortoise on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 pm

'Black people are quick to use the racism card'

Genius, pure genius.

Balck people also smell, have funny blood and only die if you chop off their heads!

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby TC on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 pm

I suspect it was just they found a group of excitable teenagers turning up on mass in a public swimming pool did put the other swimmers off as they probably took over the whole pool. I can imagine parents pulling their kids out the pool saying stuff like "lets go home now". However, that would be nothing to do with colour of somebody's skin which is irrelevent. Would have equally been the same if a school group of white teenagers turned up. If i was out for a quiet swim and a large school group turned up in the pool messing about on mass as kids often do, then i'd probably comment where did these kids appear from? And head to the changing room to call it a day a bit annoyed i'd been squeezed out.

Its a shame if an event like this is misrepresented in news and gains momentum, as I feel its that kind of mis-advertising which is the actual contributer to perpetuating a real problem which is doing its best to die out without false cries of wolf. If a news agency develops a story just to sell newpapers or their news channel at the expense of better social judgement thats bad. These things sow the seeds of doubt and makes people assume the worst, rather than see things as people should. Such stories like this are a real contributer to racism.

I guess if the story was entitled "Large guest group of excited teenagers turn up at swiming pool and put regular member swimmers off due to taking over the pool" then it wouldn't have made global news. :wink:
TC
UKCS President

Player: TC
STEAM_0:0:3198285

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Could just have said bunch of anoraks or hoodies, tend to think it is the media being racist.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to Thinkers Topics