Most GPs may reject swine flu vaccine

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Most GPs may reject swine flu vaccine

Postby CraKinShOt on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 am

=====================================================
Exclusive: Most GPs may reject swine flu vaccine
24-Aug-09

Up to 60% of GPs may choose not to be vaccinated against swine flu, with many concerned about the safety of the vaccine, a GP newspaper survey suggests.

Of 216 GPs who responded to the survey, 29% said they would not opt to receive the swine flu vaccine and a further 29% said they were not sure whether they would or not.

Of those who would refuse vaccination, 71% said they were concerned that the vaccine had not been through sufficient trials to guarantee its safety.

Professor David Salisbury, DoH director of immunisation, told Healthcare Republic, the website for GP newspaper, that frontline health workers have a duty to themselves regarding vaccination.

'They have a duty to their patients not to infect their patients and they have a duty to their families,' he said.

'I think you solve those responsibilities by being vaccinated.'

http://www.healthcarerepublic.com//news ... AddComment

=====================================================

The original swine flu vaccine killed double the number of people who died from the flu (in the US). Also, the government is sending memos to a group of neurologists in this country to be on the look out for higher rates of neurological diseases as a result of the vaccine.
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Player: Chubby Boy
STEAM_0:1:2985790

Re: Most GPs may reject swine flu vaccine

Postby Mr Tortoise on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 am

well it hasnt been adequatley tested - iirc it usually takes years - sure a few of the biologists in residence can clear that one up though.

It can't of been when you look at all the crap normal vaccinnes have to go through.

Then you look at previous moves by the government in dealing with this self proclaimed emergency and they ahve put way too much pressure on themselves and have made a series of bad judgements again and again due to taking decisive action at points where the information was just not there.

Taqmiflu was really harsh, really harsh. Swine flu itself was really not that bad - it was more frustrating that I could not work on my projects.

What I don't understand is why people are afraid.Its current form is *NOT* that dangerous. If it mutates then surley the assumption that the vaccine will work against the mutation is false. In this case we have just wasted a lot of resource again.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686

Postby CraKinShOt on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 pm

food for thought:

What the good doctor say is true. Don’t be taken for a ride. So what if you catch this mild 3-4 days flu. It is even weaker than seasonal flu. We need to counter all the MSM propaganda BS that we should look to vaccines to save us! Dr Blaylock writes :

An outbreak of swine flu occurred in Mexico this spring that eventually affected 4,910 Mexican citizens and resulted in 85 deaths. By the time it spread to the United States, the virus caused only mild cases of flu-like illness.

Thanks to air travel and the failure of public health officials to control travel from Mexico, the virus spread worldwide. Despite predictions of massive numbers of deaths and the arrival of doomsday, the virus has remained a relatively mild disease, something we know happens each year with flu epidemics.

Worldwide, there have only been 311 deaths out of 70,893 cases of swine flu. In the United States, 27,717 cases have resulted in 127 deaths. Every death is a tragedy, but such a low death rate should not be the basis of a draconian government policy.

It is helpful to recall that the Centers for Disease Control with the collusion of the media, constantly tell us that 36,000 people die from the flu each year, a figure that has been shown to be a lie. In this case, we are talking about 300 plus deaths for the entire world.

This virus continues to be an enigma for virologists. In the April 30, 2009 issue of Nature, a virologist was quoted as saying,“Where the hell it got all these genes from we don’t know.” Extensive analysis of the virus found that it contained the original 1918 H1N1 flu virus, the avian flu virus (bird flu), and two new H3N2 virus genes from Eurasia. Debate continues over the possibility that swine flu is a genetically engineered virus.

Naturally, vaccine manufacturers have been in a competitive battle to produce the first vaccine. The main contenders have been Baxter Pharmaceuticals and Novartis Pharmaceuticals, the latter of which recently acquired the scandal-ridden Chiron vaccine company. Both of these companies have had agreements with the World Health Organization to produce a pandemic vaccine.

The Baxter vaccine, called Celvapan, has had fast track approval. It uses a new vero cell technology, which utilizes cultured cells from the African green monkey. This same animal tissue transmits a number of vaccine-contaminating viruses, including the HIV virus.

The Baxter company has been associated with two deadly scandals. The first event occurred in 2006 when hemophiliac components were contaminated with HIV virus and injected in tens of thousands of people, including thousands of children. Baxter continued to release the HIV contaminated vaccine even after the contamination was known.

The second event occurred recently when it was discovered that Baxter had released a seasonal flu vaccine containing the bird flu virus, which would have produced a real world pandemic, to 18 countries. Fortunately, astute lab workers in the Czech Republic discovered the deadly combination and blew the whistle before a worldwide disaster was unleashed.

Despite these two deadly events, WHO maintains an agreement with Baxter Pharmaceuticals to produce the world’s pandemic vaccine. Novartis, the second contender, also has an agreement with WHO for a pandemic vaccine. Novartis appears to have won the contract, since their vaccine is near completion. What is terrifying is that these pandemic vaccines contain ingredients, called immune adjuvants that a number of studies have shown cause devastating autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and lupus.

Animal studies using this adjuvant have found them to be deadly. A study using 14 guinea pigs found that when they were injected with the special adjuvant, only one animal survived. A repeat of the study found the same deadly outcome.

So, what is this deadly ingredient? It is called squalene, a type of oil. The Chiron company, maker of the deadly anthrax vaccine, makes an adjuvant called MF-59 which contains two main ingredients of concern—squalene and gp120. A number of studies have shown that squalene can trigger all of the above-mentioned autoimmune diseases when injected.

The MF-59 adjuvant has been used in several vaccines. These vaccines, including tetanus and diphtheria, are the same vaccines frequently associated with adverse reactions.

I reviewed a number of studies on this adjuvant and found something quite interesting. Several studies done on human test subjects found MF-59 to be a very safe immune adjuvant. But when I checked to see who did these studies, I found—to no surprise—that they were done by the Novartis Pharmaceutical Company and Chiron Pharmaceutical Company, which have merged. They were all published in “prestigious” medical journals. Also, to no surprise, a great number of studies done by independent laboratories and research institutions all found a strong link between MF-59 and autoimmune diseases.

Squalene in vaccines has been strongly linked to the Gulf War Syndrome. On August 1991, Anthony Principi, Secretary of Veterans Affairs admitted that soldiers vaccinated with the anthrax vaccine from 1990 to 1991 had an increased risk of 200 percent in developing the deadly disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig’s disease. The soldiers also suffered from a number of debilitating and life-shortening diseases, such as polyarteritis nodosa, multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus, transverse myelitis (a neurological disorder caused by inflammation of the spinal cord), endocarditis (inflammation of the heart’s inner lining), optic neuritis with blindness and glomerulonephritis (a type of kidney disease).

Because squalene, the main ingredient in MF-59, can induce hyperimmune responses and induce autoimmunity, a real danger exists for prolonged activation of the brain’s immune cells, the microglia. This type of prolonged activation has been strongly associated with such diseases as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS and possibly vaccine-related encephalitis. It has been shown that activation of the systemic immune system, as occurs with vaccination, rapidly activates the brain’s microglia at the same time, and this brain inflammation can persist for long periods.

So, how would the gp120 get into the brain? Studies of other immune adjuvants using careful tracer techniques have shown that they routinely enter the brain following vaccination. What most people do not know, even the doctors who recommend the vaccines, is that most such studies by pharmaceutical companies observe the patients for only one to two weeks following vaccination—these types of reactions may take months or even years to manifest.

It is obvious that the vaccine manufacturers stand to make billions of dollars in profits from this WHO/government-promoted pandemic. Novartis, the maker of the new pandemic vaccine, recently announced that they would not give free vaccines to impoverished nations—everybody pays.

One must keep in mind that once the vaccine is injected, there is little you can do to protect yourself—at least by conventional medicine. It will mean a lifetime of crippling illness and early death.

There are much safer ways to protect oneself from this flu virus, such as higher doses of vitamin D3, selective immune enhancement using supplements, and a good diet.

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/20 ... swine-flu/
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Postby Mr Tortoise on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 am

scary stuff

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Unspecified on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 am

Thanks Crackin. Though i may not be able to take any medicines for a while now....
ImageUKCS Head Moderator. Retired Senior TF2 Admin.
Feel free to send me a Image or message me through Image with any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

17:43 - Salva: i did find out im not pregnant
Unspecified
Executive Admin
Head Moderator
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: unspecified
STEAM_0:0:2326270

Postby bigbmxdave on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

the media are really annoying me, its because of them that the government spent lots of our money ordering 60 million doses of tamiflu.
Its because of them that everyone in the UK got into a hysteria about it.

I was talking to a friend in Poland a few days ago about the swine flu epidemic and the thing that the Eastern European media seem to be saying is "don't go to the UK because they've all got swine flu".

when 60 Million vaccines that the UK government have ordered with tax money do arrive I wont be having any because I'm not scared of swine flu in the slightest.

bigbmxdave
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Dave the Medic
STEAM_0:1:3639854

Postby DeanX on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:47 am

i know a few people who have had the swine flu pill and have recovered from the illness
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Player: DeanX
STEAM_0:0:4858412

Postby shadow on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:06 am

no offence, but swine flu is overrated

*They* told us it was going to be a huge pandemic
*They* told us many ppl would die from it
*They* told us there wouldn't be enough vaccines for us all

And in the end, the number of casualties is nearly neglectable (as far neglecting casualties goes) and *They*, as in Pharma industries, got filthy rich of producing tami-flu vaccines.
a UKCS oldtimer... risen from the grave
shadow

Player: Shadow
STEAM_0:0:538774

Postby cowboyfromhell on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 am

Image Image

Enough said really. :P
Senior Forum Moderator, CS:GO Admin, ex-TF2 & CSS Admin
Add me to Steam Friends if you need a hand. :)
Use the UKCS Uploader for your pictures, it's free for members!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Xerxes wrote:Worst. Senior. Mod. Eva.
cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Player: Cowboy
STEAM_0:1:10068175

Postby UK_sniper on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:32 pm

my brain always has a lack of appetite... my stomach however :P

and also what has that person eaten? looks like play dough... no wonder they feel ill!
Long Time UKCS Supporter, Retired Mod & Snr Admin
UK_sniper
UKCS Life Sponsor
Admin (Retired)

Player: UK_Sniper
STEAM_0:0:6007153

Postby Alvarez on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm not surprised at all GPs are rejecting the vaccine, it does indeed take many trials to create a perfectly adequete defence. I've had swine flu and it wasn't any worse than normal flu - it made me feel like death warmed up. I feel that due to such a media hype and money to be made from the pharmacutical sector, this vaccine is a solution to a fabricated problem. Might as well just inject me with some vitamins please!
Alvarez
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: shawamama
STEAM_0:0:17538092

Postby shadow on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Swine flu is the scourge of the world - but is making one man richer every single day of the week.

For Dr. Norbert Bischofberger, 55, is the inventor of Tamiflu, the only vaccine currently on the market to combat the pandemic.

Now the owner of a luxury hotel that was once the family home in Mellau, Austria - where as a boy he built a secret lab in the attic - colleagues say science not money motivates him.
Making money: Inventor Dr Norbert Bischofberger is doing very well out of the swine flu pandemic

Making money: Inventor Dr Norbert Bischofberger is doing very well out of the swine flu pandemic

A graduate of Innsbruck, Zurich and Harvard universities, Bischofberger headed a research team to create Tamiflu, the first orally active commercially developed anti-influenza medication, for U.S. company Gilead Sciences in the 1990s.

Today he is a director of research and vice-president of Gilead in California which owns the intellectual rights to Tamiflu and outsources it to Swiss pharma giant Roche to manufacture and distribute.

He earns some £450,000 a year but has stock options and bonuses in the tens of millions of pounds.

And he takes a handsome percentage said to be in the millions of Tamiflu profits as governments around the world stockpile it as the virus spreads.

But in an interview with a German Sunday newspaper it was reported he 'gets quite angry' if it is suggested he has become rich through a horror-virus, the fear of which is gripping the world.

'No person ever said on his death bed: I only wish I had earned more money in my life,' he said. 'When it gets to the end one wants to look back and have the feeling that one was important in the lives of others, perhaps to have changed them positively.'

He said it was his 'blessing' to be a scientist and to have invented Tamiflu.

But regardless of his efforts, Dr. Bischofberger predicts dark times are ahead for the planet.

Dr. Bischofberger already warned in an interview in 2006 of an impending influenza pandemic, arguing that the last outbreak was in 1968 when no medication was yet available.

The recommendation is to take Tamiflu immediately after an infection but at the latest within 48 hours.

'The Spanish Flu of 1918 killed people within twelve hours - but not because of its effects on the lung but on the brain and on other organs. We learned this from conducting biopsies on corpses of people who died back then,' said Dr. Bischofberger.

Experts estimate that the H1N1 virus has the potential to infect up to two billion people globally.

Bischofberger sees a high chance of the situation getting worse and a potential for new pandemics. He says: 'I think the threat by new bacterial or viral agents is higher than the potential of a nuclear war.'

And he admits that he has packets of Tamiflu at home in the fridge for himself, his wife and their two children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... demic.html

The dude earns 450 000 pounds a year by this swine flu hysteria!!!
a UKCS oldtimer... risen from the grave
shadow

Player: Shadow
STEAM_0:0:538774

Postby Mr Tortoise on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 am

lol lots of people who take the swine flu pill recover

lmao

yeah and lots of people who dont take it also recover

im not entirley sure what you were trying to say.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby CraKinShOt on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:13 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNe ... J320090911

This is why giving out so much of this stuff willynilly is dangourous; people don't use it properly and the virus is allowed to adapt into something stronger....
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Postby Unspecified on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Sounds like he was pretty ill to start with, so i dont think it was a willynilly case here.

Was inevitable with any vaccine distributed this widely though...

Just hope it doesn't spread!
ImageUKCS Head Moderator. Retired Senior TF2 Admin.
Feel free to send me a Image or message me through Image with any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

17:43 - Salva: i did find out im not pregnant
Unspecified
Executive Admin
Head Moderator
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: unspecified
STEAM_0:0:2326270

Postby Mr Tortoise on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:08 pm

tamiflu is NOT a vaccine.

Moreover I am not sure that it actually kills the virus.
It is certainly implied in a lot of literature, but i have never seen it stated.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Postby *sketch on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:38 am

Taimflu is indeed not a vaccine. It can rid of of the symptoms of flu 3 days sooner in many cases. As far as the government is concerned, the cost of tamiflu is worth it if it gets people back to work 3 days sooner Particularly the public sector workers where they would lose a huge amount of productivity if they didn't take tamiflu. Those 3 days extra (if tamiflu wasn't distributed) would cost an absolute fortune in the grand scheme of things. Even getting them back to work one day sooner is probably worth it.

And an actual flu vaccine shouldn't take more than 6 months to come up with. If you spent 2 years testing it, it would be useless by the time it went to market.
*sketch
Experienced Member

Player: *sketch
STEAM_0:0:7407608

Postby Mr Tortoise on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 am

/trollface on

I am not sure how you can say public sector would loose efficiency if its workers are off.

bada boom

/trollface off

as for the vaccine comment.

you vacinate against viruses that do not mutate regularly. One of the problems with thing slike malaria is that it does mutate rapidly and so creating a vaccine that can latch onto something that remains constant in that virus but is not in other useful stuff is very difficult.

So really vaccines should not be viewed as things that we have a right to have - that is just an illusion portrayed by the people in charge (because the opposite would be a lack of control) - but rather fortunate breakthroughs.

Anyway if you look at our knowledge of things like flu in comparson to the last epidemic things have changed dramatically.

Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor

Return to Thinkers Topics