Internet users aren't all loners..

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Internet users aren't all loners..

Postby EWJ on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 am

clicky

so it seems we actually make more friends and share more experiences because of technology..I know its a very small amount of people surveyed but I feel that I've made new friends since I've started using the internet... Just cos I don't go to the pub 5 times a week doesn't make me a loner.. :)
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Re: Internet users aren't all loners..

Postby Wizav on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Good for finding "The One" too :D

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Re: Internet users aren't all loners..

Postby DsarchyUK on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Can't say I agree. If your on the net alot and most of your friends are located there then I would have to call you a loner (myself included- social observer sounds better :D) There is a big difference between getting out and doing things with real people in the real world and 'making friends' on the net. There are life skills that you can only learn by doing things away from a computer. Internet dating for example is a f*ing joke!

As a rule of thumb I wouldn't ever class anyone on the net as a 'friend' (your all peers, fellow gamers in this case). I treat people on the net with respect but i don't like or hate any of you; we could all be different from what we say we are so its too hard to judge.
DsarchyUK
UKCS Sponsor

Player: l@rry
STEAM_0:0:18694735

Return to Thinkers Topics