Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Sparks |UKCS| on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Me
viewtopic.php?t=41375
Opinions are like bum-holes, everybody has one and most of them stink !
Sparks |UKCS|
UKCS Sponsor

Player: T2|
STEAM_0:1:17594487

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Wizav on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby White Dove on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 am

Truly unbelievable. Go to an Islamic country, put up a poster of an Islamic leader and do that. Lets see how long your head stays on your shoulders. Britain...isn't it great :roll:
White Dove
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Gumball
STEAM_0:0:9972896

Postby Sparks |UKCS| on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 am

@Wizav lol Explosive shoe... Americans....

All this scares the crap out of me,the further they let stuff like this slide the worse the public backlash will be,my best friend who is a Hindu but once the tide turns the muppets out there wont care and treat everyone the same.

Its asking for trouble the prison thing,then this and the taking over of Hounslow council as per the dispatches docu,something needs doing sharpish before everyone suffers,muslims none muslims and everyone else.

Draw a line and if you don't like it leave the UK,id have to follow Islamic law in Iraq.

Here the gov are scared to be called out for upsetting a mad few so we all suffer,even in Iraq the guy got 3yrs for doing it,here we allow it
Me
viewtopic.php?t=41375
Sparks |UKCS|
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 pm

:roll: Here we go...

Religion should have 0% input into everything and anything. People should not be allowed special rites because of religion. Religious organisations should have no say in how the world is run.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Sparks |UKCS| on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Me
viewtopic.php?t=41375
Sparks |UKCS|
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Seany on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:45 pm

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Does no one think that this entirely politically correct world we're creating is just as fucking racist and nonsensical as it was 20 years ago?!

Jesus christ!
ImageImage
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder"
Seany
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Seany.exe
STEAM_0:0:4765474

Postby Haggus McGee on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Gh0st.IRE wrote:Religion should have 0% input into everything and anything. People should not be allowed special rites because of religion. Religious organisations should have no say in how the world is run.

I agree with you exactly - religion should have no impact on law. Religion is one of the obstacles to a global convergence of states - how I think the world should be. Within that, a religious community is a good thing, but it should never interfere with people outside the community. That is almost practising religion in private. I am not against religion in concept, as people will believe what they want to, there's no harm in that. The communities are 99% of the time a good thing for society when practised correctly, but in reality, when a religion starts to feel that they need to spread the word of Jesus, Allah or any other deity, I draw the line. I know this contradicts many religions, but a religious belief is a belief, and a belief is a personal thing and should not be imposed on others, be it children or strangers on the street. Let people show their own interest in your religion and then preach to them. Faith should be discovered not handed out.

I don't believe in a god, but I do think that world religions have some brilliant things to say about ethics and morals, when they are not trying to explain things about the world, since our understanding changes but regrettably some religions' don't. On top of that, I hate some of what religions have to say concerning morals and ethics. A religion shouldn't be defined by the belief, but how the people act on it.
Haggus McGee
Home Member

Player: Haggus McGee
STEAM_0:1:17966189

Postby Maddox on Sat May 15, 2010 6:50 am

I cannot read anymore in Thinker's Topic. All these insane news from the UK just leave me depressed and fucking speechless :ill:

Maddox
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Maddox
STEAM_0:1:5754809

Postby Rico on Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 am

As long as no one's actually hurt, I don't see the problem with throwing shoes. If someone gets a broken nose, the person who threw the missile should be charged with assault. But in the UK we have quite a tradition of throwing eggs (or custard) at politicians; what's so different about throwing a shoe (apart from the fact it might be a bit heavier)? In most cases, a show would cause less of a mess and less damage to property than an egging.
RIP [SS]Mantis, sadly departed July 3rd 2014

[TJD]Rico -- AKA: Agent57, LLAMATRON, CobaltBomb, Judge Rico
UK's Sexiest Gamer 2003 (runner up; I was robbed!)
"No plan, sir. No sleeves!"
Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Rico \o/
STEAM_0:0:311773

Postby quaduski on Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 am

If I started a religious cult, where it was my ritual to shot people as a protest - does this mean I would be able to protest in the house of commons with an AK? Is this not ABH, if a shoe hits someone (great, ranged shoe bombings)?

So be-headings in the local Mosque will be next? should make a nice change from the pub on a Friday afternoon

I hope they protest against me, I need a new pair of shoe`s (size 8 )
quaduski
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: meme
STEAM_0:1:5190098

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Sun May 16, 2010 10:39 am

Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Rico on Sun May 16, 2010 11:17 am

quaduski wrote:If I started a religious cult, where it was my ritual to shot people as a protest - does this mean I would be able to protest in the house of commons with an AK?

No. Be sensible.

quaduski wrote:Is this not ABH, if a shoe hits someone

It might be. It depends on how hard the shoe was thrown, what type of shoe it was, and most of all, whether there was any actual harm done. If someone lobs a flip-flop and someone and it lightly bounces off their chest, that's not really much of an assault, and wouldn't constitute ABH. If it's a steel toe-capped working boot, thrown hard, and someone suffers a broken nose; that is ABH. For ABH, there needs to be actual bodily harm. For example, bruising, bleeding, or psychological harm.

Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby quaduski on Sun May 16, 2010 11:27 am

Doesn`t it also go against peoples 'human rights', not to have shoes thrown at them or any object, come to that? And I think a group of 'Islamic protesters' throwings shoes would give anyone reason to clam psychological harm and is also discriminating against non 'Islamic protesters' as they are not allowed to throw shoes (or is this where the great term 'positive discrimination' comes into play, I cannot see anything positive about this :? ) .

And I think a flip-flop is foot wear and not a shoe under EU law 1536 sub-paragraph 9 and a steel toe-cap boot is not allowed as it is by it`s very nature, a boot and not a shoe; as would also go for a good quality riding boot.

eg.

Would a person have to prove they were indeed an 'Islamic protesters', before they were allowed to throw a shoe? (religious I.D. cards may help to speed this process up or some sort of branding on the persons skin to indicate their religious bent)
Last edited by quaduski on Sun May 16, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quaduski
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Rico on Sun May 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Again, I don't see it as a lot different from throwing an egg at someone as a form of protest. In fact, assuming there's no actual harm or injury, it's less of an assault I reckon, since an egg makes far more of a mess. The act of "throwing a shoe" shouldn't be an offence in itself; but the outcome of throwing a show might be an offence (e.g. ABH). The article only says people should be allowed to throw shoes as a ritualisic statement. It doesn't say they should be allowed to cause injury by doing so, or throw those shoes in a manner intended to cause injury. If someone's hurt, I'm sure the shoe thrower could be prosecuted - particularly as it's perfectly possible to make a symbolic statement without throwing the shoe directly at the target, or with any great force.

I don't see how having someone throw a shoe at them could claim psychological harm; unless perhaps they have some sort of phobia that relates to shoes.

Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby quaduski on Sun May 16, 2010 12:19 pm

There is nothing in UK or EU law that states throwing eggs at people is allowed (this is another case where islamic law overides UK law), and the police have never publicly said that they will allow anyone or group of people to throw eggs in protest.

And again:

Would a person have to prove they were indeed an 'Islamic protesters', before they were allowed to throw a shoe? (religious I.D. cards may help to speed this process up or some sort of branding on the persons skin to indicate their religious bent, maybe placed on the fore head to allow easy identification)
quaduski
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Rico on Sun May 16, 2010 12:32 pm

There's nothing in UK or EU Law that states throwing shoes at people is allowed, either. All this is, is the police and courts applying common sense to matters, and accepting that the throwing of shoes doesn't constitute violent disorder. Nor, I'm sure, does the throwing of eggs; and I'm also pretty sure that people who throw eggs (or green custard) at people generally aren't prosecuted for anything, and get a caution at worst.

I think it will be up to the police or the courts to determine whether a "shoe protest" is justified if ever such a case came before them. But actually, I think that rather than saying "Oh, it's so unfair", this is a great opportunity to absorb a bit of Islamic culture into British life as a whole. I'm quite happy to start lobbing shoes in protest at things. :D

As for the idea of religious ID cards, it's pretty obvious where that idea will lead us in terms of comparisons to history. So I'll just cite Godwin's Law as being met, and leave it at that.

Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby quaduski on Sun May 16, 2010 1:19 pm

no one is asking for a comparison with history the question was
Would a person have to prove they were indeed an 'Islamic protesters', before they were allowed to throw a shoe?

the content in the () was a sarcastic remake to your inablity to answer it, how do you prove you are 'Islamic protesters' - are there signs over their heads?

unfair didn`t you argue that it`s unfair that people were allowed to throw eggs, and not shoes. The fact that this is a sign of how daft the UK is, and yet you are arguing in favour of it and see it as something other than a joke, makes me question the paradox of your logic.

I think I`ll start a smelly sock throwing religion or under pants throwing religion (I think tom jones already started that), does islam see the right to throw shoes as high on the alter table of the things wrong with the UK and does islam see the no shoe throwing policing as whats really holding the UK back in term of being a civilized democracies.
Jedi`s are allowed to throw light sabers in protest, but only if they first remove the batteries - for envirometal reasons.
quaduski
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby BenJy! on Sun May 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Can someone tell me if throwing an object of any descirption at another human being who isn't aware of this is classed as a violent act?
BenJy!
UKCS Sponsor

Player: GGGhost!
STEAM_0:1:10348274

Postby quaduski on Sun May 16, 2010 1:53 pm

This is where the law is an arse if you throw a snow ball at friend in fun then no, if you throw a snow ball at some you hate, with the purpose of hurting them or upsetting them then yes. The act of throwing the snow is not the crime but the purpose or cause or intent or effect. And if that is proven then the act is then violent or not
quaduski
UKCS Life Sponsor

Next

Return to Thinkers Topics