Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Rico on Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am

quaduski wrote:I know what I have written so while re post it?


It's common practice, and has been for decades. Both on Web forums and on USENET and BBS systems before that. It just makes it clear what someone's responding to. Without quoting, responses may be hard to place in context, especially when more than two people are posting. Besides, you might know what you posted, but others reading the thread might not remember, and it saves having to keep going back and re-read earlier posts.

quaduski wrote:When it comes to debating, personal insult is best sign that people have little more to offer in an argument


I'd say that accusing others of "creatively" editing quotations, or trying to mislead others just because your opinion is different is insulting.
RIP [SS]Mantis, sadly departed July 3rd 2014

Image
[TJD]Rico -- AKA: Agent57, LLAMATRON, CobaltBomb, Judge Rico
UK's Sexiest Gamer 2003 (runner up; I was robbed!)
"No plan, sir. No sleeves!"
User avatar
Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee
 
Player: Rico \o/
STEAM_0:0:311773
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 am
Location: Morecambe, Lancs, UK



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Skellytag on Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 am

Religion,Religion,Religion.. funny thing that.

Have any of you ever read the bible for example ? wow,that's a bedtime story that would make many youngsters get nightmares.

And the funny thing is that most of the religions we have these modern days dates back to the Old Testament.

Yes that's right.. doesnt matter if you are a jew,christian or muslim,it all builds on the old testament.. just that the jews and muslims are denying the new testament,that's the big difference.

And frankly,the muslims are doing the same thing as the christians did back in the days.. trying to force a religion upon someone else.. mhmm,there we go,we are not better or worse then anyone else here with our christian beliefs.

And throwing a shoe at some .. i'd say that it's more of a symbolic gesture then anything else,i mean it is a sandal for gods sake.. not a steel toed working shoe.

Yes we have built churches in muslim countries,and yes they have built mosques in christian countries,so who is more right then the other huh ?

All this religious BS is getting to me,or rather the ABUSE of religion,because that is what it is.

Read the Bible,or the Qur'an or Talmud and i really mean READ them and come back here and make a educated post,because right now all i can see is people making posts and assumptions of what THEY belive is true,without getting any facts.
Image
The Sentry is a Spy !
Keyboard |UKCS| TF2
[UKCS]Grimoire BF:BC2
User avatar
Skellytag
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: T-Virus|Lord
STEAM_0:1:439987
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby WaitNBleeD on Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 pm

What fun would a debate be if everyone had the same facts and beliefs ?!?!?!?!?.

Topics like this exist because everyone has their own opinion, I don't have to read any religions bible or try to understand any of their stupid ways to have an idea that some things in this world is just absurd.

For example, throwing a shoe at a picture of an influential person in public !!.

Why is it when certain religious believers want to express an opinion or show their dislike to something, it has to be done in a way where national media coverage is the outcome ?!?!?.

Like I said, it could have stayed in their backyards !!.

No-one is right and no-one is wrong, we all have our own minds and unfortunately not many of them will ever be changed.
Image
User avatar
WaitNBleeD
UKCS Life Sponsor
 
Player: Piefinger
STEAM_0:1:542294
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 1:38 am
Location: West Yorks, uk

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Skellytag on Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm

WaitNBleeD wrote:What fun would a debate be if everyone had the same facts and beliefs ?!?!?!?!?.

Topics like this exist because everyone has their own opinion, I don't have to read any religions bible or try to understand any of their stupid ways to have an idea that some things in this world is just absurd.


First and foremost,having your facts straight is a good start wouldnt you say ? Second of all,like i have said,have you ever read one of those books so you actually can say that they are absurd,well,the peole might be,but the book in itself ?

Like i stated,they all build upon The Old Testament... and here is the funny part,they all agree upon it,all three religions actually.

it's just that all three of them decided to go eachothers way after that,that is for example how we got "The Bible" New Testament is just an addon the the old one,forming the bible.

If you want to have a go at something,then have a go at the very foundation of todays religious quarrel.. the people and their twisted ideas.. or rather the extremists (sp?) that twist and turn it to their own benefits.. the Qur'an for example does not state that women should be covered from top to toe.. some idiot figured that out and enforced it because he could,not because it was stated somwhere.

What you belive is another thing,that is entirely up to you.
Image
The Sentry is a Spy !
Keyboard |UKCS| TF2
[UKCS]Grimoire BF:BC2
User avatar
Skellytag
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: T-Virus|Lord
STEAM_0:1:439987
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Tue May 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Rico wrote:
quaduski wrote:When it comes to debating, personal insult is best sign that people have little more to offer in an argument


I'd say that accusing others of "creatively" editing quotations, or trying to mislead others just because your opinion is different is insulting.

I'd have to agree with Rico. I did not insult you as such, I mearly said that your accusations that you posted about made you look childish, and judging by your defencive respone I can see I've touched a very tender nerve and so I wont engage with you any further.

Im free to post in this topic as I so wish - I can use it to better my knowledge on a specific subject - what better way of doing that then by interacting with people who know about the topic at hand?

I did not proclaim to know you either - frankly Im glad I don't - you come across very annoying, well yours posts anyway. As for taking my previous post as insulting, well, grow up son.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Image
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
User avatar
Gh0st.IRE
Moderator
 
Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby quaduski on Tue May 18, 2010 7:20 pm

What we need to see is some of the other religions in this country making insane and over top requests of the goverment (Wicca come on, there must be something you neeed) - but the problem is, all other religions just seem to fit into the british way of life easier and all seem happy to live under the system which is in place.

Oh and :D way to prove a piont and thats an admin - isn`t this Topic Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....? viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4664
Image
User avatar
quaduski
UKCS Life Sponsor
 
Player: meme
STEAM_0:1:5190098
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Den Helder - Holland with love

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Rico on Tue May 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Thread drift is a fact of life on Web forums. We got where we are by natural progression, rather than blatant thread hijacking, I think. We could go back to the original topic, but I suspect everyone's said all they have to say on that (I have, anyway), and we'd go round in circles. But if anyone has anything left to say on the original subject, let's hear it. =)
RIP [SS]Mantis, sadly departed July 3rd 2014

Image
[TJD]Rico -- AKA: Agent57, LLAMATRON, CobaltBomb, Judge Rico
UK's Sexiest Gamer 2003 (runner up; I was robbed!)
"No plan, sir. No sleeves!"
User avatar
Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee
 
Player: Rico \o/
STEAM_0:0:311773
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 am
Location: Morecambe, Lancs, UK



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Skellytag on Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

No throwing shoes... oh wait,think that's been said already ... ooh shinies
Image
The Sentry is a Spy !
Keyboard |UKCS| TF2
[UKCS]Grimoire BF:BC2
User avatar
Skellytag
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: T-Virus|Lord
STEAM_0:1:439987
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm

How come if I go to a Muslim country I would be forced to obey their laws and rules even if Im not Muslim but if a Muslim comes to my country they get special treatment and their own rules? How does that seem fair?
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Image
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
User avatar
Gh0st.IRE
Moderator
 
Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Rico on Wed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Gh0st.IRE wrote:How come if I go to a Muslim country I would be forced to obey their laws and rules even if Im not Muslim but if a Muslim comes to my country they get special treatment and their own rules? How does that seem fair?


Um, they don't. If a muslim cut someone else's hand off for theft, and cited Sharia law, he'd still be prosecuted for the crime. As would a group who decided to stone an adulterous woman, for example.

Where do you get the idea that they don't have to obey the laws of the UK? (Or Ireland, rather, in your case.)
RIP [SS]Mantis, sadly departed July 3rd 2014

Image
[TJD]Rico -- AKA: Agent57, LLAMATRON, CobaltBomb, Judge Rico
UK's Sexiest Gamer 2003 (runner up; I was robbed!)
"No plan, sir. No sleeves!"
User avatar
Rico
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee
 
Player: Rico \o/
STEAM_0:0:311773
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:29 am
Location: Morecambe, Lancs, UK



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Wed May 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Thats what I heard over the past year or so via news and general chat amongst people. Cheers for clearing it up :)
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Image
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
User avatar
Gh0st.IRE
Moderator
 
Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Templar+ on Wed May 19, 2010 3:54 pm

lol bet it was in the sun aye?
Image
Image
User avatar
Templar+
Old Timer
Moderator
 
Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303
 
Posts: 6114
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:17 pm
Location: Lancashire, England

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Thu May 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Lets not lie - The Sun is about Page 3 and then you throw the paper away.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Image
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
User avatar
Gh0st.IRE
Moderator
 
Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Little_Devil on Fri May 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Switch this around and have another group of people throwing there shoes, and it would certainly end in many arrests being made. Let a football crowd decide to throw their shoes at someone and see what the police reaction would be.

Totally sick of this nonsense and bowing down to other cultures when it comes down to the law. Everyone should be treated equally regardless of their religious background.
There used to be a saying that when in Rome, do and act as they do, in other words if you are staying in another country, then you respect the laws of that country and not try to change that country by any means, other than through an elected member. The predominant religion of the UK is the Christian faith and the head of the church is the queen, not Islam in other words or Islamic laws. If anyone wants to live by Islamic law, then let them live it in a country of their choosing that supports their faith. On the other hand, we could just treat them in the same way as they would in an Islamic country, you know like chop off limbs or head, plus any other of the many punishments that keep the minority of offenders in order.

As far as the hospitals are concerned, the people who object to something that is against health grounds have a choice, either do as requested or go somewhere else. You don't see other professions having the same kind of problems where safety issues are concerned, or do you ?
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)
 
Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437
 
Posts: 18895
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Glitch on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Image
Imagine someone trowing a clog at someones head, that can cause quite some injury, and it's allowed?

Know what someone should do?
Just collect an insane amount of shoes, carry them in a bag to some 'political' building and start trowing this insane amount at people walking out :P
Let's see how that's still legal, plus it'll get you into the newspapers....
Image
User avatar
Glitch
Home Member
 
Player: Nyacide Green
STEAM_0:1:25203245
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:05 am

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Haggus McGee on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:32 pm

^ UKCS irl event?
Image
User avatar
Haggus McGee
Home Member
 
Player: Haggus McGee
STEAM_0:1:17966189
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 am
Location: South West Surrey

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Mr Tortoise on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 am

'Dozens of ski-boots and clogs were also hurled at the US consulate in Edinburgh in a related protest, in which three policemen sustained minor injuries.'

SKI BOOTS AND LUMPS OF WOOD



crazy ... i know what im going to do at the gazza protests in manchester ....
goto primark ... pend £50 on shoes and start a political shit storm.


Mr Tortoise
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: Mr Tortoise
STEAM_0:1:5538686
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Mohsin on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:11 am

I was there at the Gaza Occupation protest. First of all, the protesters came from all faiths, not just Muslims were angry about the civilian casualties in Gaza. And lots of non Muslims were throwing shoes in front of the gates of the Israeli Embassy and the street in front of Downing Street. Lots of different organisations were there too, student bodies, stop the war coalition ... etc

So the title Met allows 'Islamic' protesters to throw shoes I feel is disproportionate and unfair. Lots of people regardless of religion were throwing placards and shoes.

In fact I actually made a post about that day do a search for 'Anti war demo Jan 3rd - My experience' in the ukcs search engine. It goes into detail how the Police were heavy handed. And a small minority of trouble makers chucked sticks and shoes at the police, which unfortunately you always get ... a small antisocial element that uses the protest to commit disorder ... just look at the chavs hijacking the justified and legitimate student protest and smashing up windows, and the Police's heavy handed tactics on the peaceful protests there for a recent comparison !

My point being, that those who deliberately threw objects at the Police, committed an offence and should be prosecuted is perfectly understandable, but there were a lot of normal civilians making a peaceful protest just throwing their old shoes into the street in front of them (outside downing street) as a protest ... a big pile of shoes.

The Police saw nothing wrong with that.

So they should of course prosecute the troublemakers only who threw objects at them, with that intention.

And if anyone is to blame for this 'politically correct' decision, then blame the people who made the decision. Muslims didn't. But I keep seeing posts like this stirring up the fire and people spewing hatred for Muslims on posts like this consistently ...

blame Scotland Yard, the Politicians and the Judges responsible for non sensical Politically Correct decisions, don't constantly blame Muslims who they 'claim' to be acting on behalf of ... we didn't ask for them to bow down to our sensitivities as the obviously biased and leading title 'Met allows Islamic Protesters to throw shoes' suggests from the journalist. :?

This witch hunt is getting tired. Boring and tired sigh :/

Last edited by Mohsin on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mohsin
Regular Member
 
Player: zzz
STEAM_0:0:8082407
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: London



Image

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:53 am

This is just the point, why do Police etc bow down to a minority and let them get away with doing something, which with any other group of people is an offence.

Throwing any object onto the street is an offence anyhow, it is considered as littering and you can receive a fine, so why let anyone throw any object at all ?
Surely in an equal society, everyone should be treated the same.

This is not a witch hunt, but is about the police bowing down to a minority, who will claim discrimination, just because they have done something for years in their own culture.

Maybe they should just make a law to allow everyone to be able to throw soft fluffy toys as a sign of protest, at least that way there can be no claims of discrimination or intent to harm, just a fine for littering :P :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)
 
Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437
 
Posts: 18895
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Re: Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes. what....

Postby Mohsin on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:51 pm

I agree with you in principle.

Uniform, equal rules, laws and punishments for all.

Yup I'm fine with the littering and fines, if that was the way they wish to pursue it

Sometimes however issues can be a bit of a grey area and may need a different legal decision depending on the circumstances, so I would leave this proviso here in cases where is is not so clear cut.

My witch hunt remark was related to my second last post in another thread ... relating to the focussing in on Muslims as a whole in general everytime one of them does a bad thing, instead of focussing on him as a person they immediately say 'Muslim did this or that' .. like the post MUSLIM bus driver, ISLAMIC protesters ... etc. See my other post on this forum for more elaboration and detail on this matter.

BTW there is no such thing as an Islamic protesters lol ... facepalm. Unless of course it is someone protesting 'about' Islam. I think the misinformed journalist who wrote this article would have still been wrong to use Muslim protesters, as it was a mix of people protesting not just Muslims, but he would have looked like less of a muppet lol :P

I know that minorities claim discrimination ... but most of the time it is because they are actually being discriminated against :/ I have no problem with those who claim discrimination, when they weren't being discriminated against being punished to the full extent of the law though. And I'm guessing it's just a clever trick the lawyers use to get their clients off ... so again I say blame the lawyers, Judges, Met Police and Politicians ... rather than saying "who will claim discrimination, just because we have done something for years in their own culture"

we don't. and as a British Pakistani Muslim (I consider myself 'just' British, but every form I fill in makes me identify myself as British Pakistani so it's not my fault lol ... :roll: )

and I can tell you that it's not in (either) of my cultures to do the shoe throwing insult thing lol .. I think it may be an Arab thing, but it's not related to Islam at all .. again the Journalists title of the article shows retardation ... seeing as it's not even religious related. Nothing to do with Islam or Muslims, purely cultural. So Christian, Jewish or whatever Arabs, would also consider shoe throwing as an insult.

And I would go on further to say that it is probably not just in Arab countries that this can be construed as an insult. If you aim the soles of your feet towards someone, or the soles of your shoes in the direction of someones face (like if you put your feet up on a table and someone was sitting in front of you) .. then surely this is an insult and sign of bad etiquette, and manners in many cultures and societies.

I never threw my shoes towards no 10 downing street, even though I was as angry as everyone else that he and his fellow politicians weren't criticising the IDF for all those dead kids and women but effectively supporting this massacre with the USA in the UN council vote.

But it was a freezing cold day and I needed my shoes to walk =] I didn't know at the time that people brought their own old tatty shoes. Some people got so emotional and upset at all the civilian casualties, that they actually took their own shoes off their feet ... I don't know how they walked or got home, they must have had frostbite :shock:

your last point made me lol.

if there were fluffy toys of a demonic tzipi livni (Israeli Minister) I'm sure people would have bought those instead and thrown them though :wink:

Oh and ...

Image

Last edited by Mohsin on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mohsin
Regular Member
 
Player: zzz
STEAM_0:0:8082407
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: London



Image

PreviousNext

Return to Thinkers Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests