Incredible UFOs Burn Over Russia? 2011

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Incredible UFOs Burn Over Russia? 2011

Postby Bobbobthebob on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Wizav wrote:
MakeNine wrote:Who would have thought alien spacecraft would make exactly the same sound as jet aircraft?

That's actually quite plausible, even a requirement somewhat. Whatever craft they use on there home planet wouldn't work on ours, None of our modern aircraft could fly on mars , venus or mercury even 5000 years from now they couldn't do it. You'd have to design a jet based on that planet. Even if they had super advanced jet engines different to ours they might not work in our atmosphere, Our own jets require oxygen for combustion which means there pretty much useless on any other planet.
...or you could just use rockets as we have for most of our propulsion in atmosphere-less space. You can ignore the chemical make up of an atmosphere if you carry the oxidising agent with you.
Bobbobthebob aka His Royal Bobness and Grand High Bob of Bobland
Bobbobthebob
Experienced Member

Player: Bobbobthebob
STEAM_0:0:10020489

Postby Wizav on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Bobbobthebob wrote:
Wizav wrote:
MakeNine wrote:Who would have thought alien spacecraft would make exactly the same sound as jet aircraft?

That's actually quite plausible, even a requirement somewhat. Whatever craft they use on there home planet wouldn't work on ours, None of our modern aircraft could fly on mars , venus or mercury even 5000 years from now they couldn't do it. You'd have to design a jet based on that planet. Even if they had super advanced jet engines different to ours they might not work in our atmosphere, Our own jets require oxygen for combustion which means there pretty much useless on any other planet.
...or you could just use rockets as we have for most of our propulsion in atmosphere-less space. You can ignore the chemical make up of an atmosphere if you carry the oxidising agent with you.

They only use rockets for propulsion on take off, 90% of the fuel is used in the first few seconds just to get into space and reach about 25,000 mph and cost's like 2 billion. After that they just float in space at that speed and don't slow down or speed up. Can slingshot off the moon and reach about 40,000-60,000 mph but that's pretty much our top speed. To go faster you'd have to carry millions of tonnes of fuel and have it burning constantly for acceleration, Once you reached your destination and landed you need the same amount of fuel to get back.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Canaletto on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I think you will find that a warp core is needed for proper space travel. Without that you are kinda knackered. :D

Canaletto
Home Member

Player: Canaletto
STEAM_0:1:4318485

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Wizav wrote:

In the future, if we find a new planet with intelligent life, we could spend years working on designs and prototypes for something that could fly on said planet or just study what the locals were using and make a copy. At the very least UFO's spotted on earth will have almost identical wingspan and aerodynamics simply because it's what works.

I doubt space exploration is anything like the movies where one craft can travel everywhere with the same flight performance, much more likely to have one main craft for travelling through space then smaller crafts customized for different planets.

Could the "aliens" not just pump oxygen into the engine for combustion to occur, if it does not exist naturally in the atmosphere. Eg. mars.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Security on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Looks like fireworks on a remote controlled airplane.

But technically the term UFO is correct here as it still stands for "unidentified flying object" which this is. :P
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby lockwyn on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:57 am

Aliens having fun with fireworks on a remote controlled space ship, thats what it is :D
sitting at a distance, like vultures on the attack, I rise
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. -Christopher Hitchens
lockwyn
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: byleiptr
STEAM_0:1:5617232

Postby BreeZe on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 am

Sorry I just had to revive this topic with a picture.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby Ccpanther on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 am

Here is two questions:

Governments are trying to fool us with weather balloons and military hardware, to believe that UFO's don't exist ?

or

Governments are been truly honest, and letting us know all there military and technology secrets?

:scratch:
The Gentle or the Furious.
The Knight shield or the Warriors sword.
The Right and Wrong or the Wrong and Right.
The Open palm or the closed fist.
The Black or the White ?
Ccpanther

Player: Cpanther
STEAM_0:1:52146308

Postby Kaelan002 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Or maybe more likely:

Governments don't want the public/other nations to know about their top secret prototype balloon/plane/uav that was just spotted/crashed so they:
a) Encourage the relevant doesn't-look-like-a-conventional-plane-therefore-aliens conspiracy theory.
b) Start said conspiracy theory.
c) Actually attempt to explain what happened at which point people decide they are lying and say its aliens anyway.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary, those that don't, and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.

[video =373,150]http://a.pomf.se/ixefrf.webm[/video] Now shhhh Kaelan... OOOOOOH
pomf.se is ded. :'(
Kaelan002
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Kae
STEAM_0:1:29878923

Postby Binerexis on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Ten thousand times what Kaelan said.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby BenJy! on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:26 am

BenJy!
UKCS Sponsor

Player: GGGhost!
STEAM_0:1:10348274

Postby Love Muffin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

BenJy! wrote:Image

I believe Benjy!

But this is not a UFO

STEAM_0:0:5223960
Liverpool FC
"It's a love story, baby just say yes"

Feel free to add me on Steam
PSN: HoinkDoink

UKCS Facebook
#Banter

-Daztec
Love Muffin
Experienced Member

Player: Love Muffin ت
STEAM_0:0:5223960

Postby Wizav on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Kaelan002 wrote:Or maybe more likely:

Governments don't want the public/other nations to know about their top secret prototype balloon/plane/uav that was just spotted/crashed so they:
a) Encourage the relevant doesn't-look-like-a-conventional-plane-therefore-aliens conspiracy theory.
b) Start said conspiracy theory.
c) Actually attempt to explain what happened at which point people decide they are lying and say its aliens anyway.

Those types of arguments aren't future proof though, a top secret prototype doesn't remain so for long. The Stealth bomber was top secret for only a few years and was spotted several times during test flights prior to being officially announced then obvious sightings of it in the past were explained and dealt with.

That doesn't work for things like the Roswell incident where something crashed and we still haven't heard a peep about what it was or why along with the other hundreds of sightings and incidents that have occurred.

All the government has to say is oh those sighting back in 80's were test flights for plane x, but that's only happened a few times in 20-30 years so either they don't know what some of these sightings were or they still have some weird reason for keeping a 20-30 year old plane top secret.

Then there's all the ex-military and civilian commercial flight pilots spotting strange objects and crafts, Public might be confused and not recognize a weather bloom, satellite or jet but i doubt experienced pilots would make such mistakes. They've tracked objects on radar moving at stupid speeds and can't be asteroids or meteors cause they change direction but then everybody lies and making up some ufo story probably earns you some free cash or fame.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby FaviousM on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:03 pm

My personal take on the UFO phenomenon (and bits of this can be applied to any other paranormal thing)

So the UFO specific bit. I think there's little doubt that there ARE other intelligent beings in the universe. The maths bares this out. However I believe we've never been visited by this civilizations because the distances are too vast.

The other reason I don't think we've been visited (and this is the bit that applies to anything, ghosts, bigfoot, lake monsters etc) Technology has gotten to the point where SO many people have a camera on them (in the form of a phone or whatever) ALL the time that I think there's no way someone wouldn't have captured decent evidence of any of these phenomena at this stage. Nearly every major global event has a video on youtube before the story has even fully broken on the news channels. If UFOs and other stuff existed, someone would have captures a decent picture or video of them at this point.

FaviousM
Recruit Member

Player: Favious M. Woodbrook
STEAM_0:0:5689626

Postby Binerexis on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Holy six month necrosis, Batman...
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby FaviousM on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Shush I'm new here

FaviousM
Recruit Member

Player: Favious M. Woodbrook
STEAM_0:0:5689626