Abuse in a nursing home

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Abuse in a nursing home

Postby re# Skilgannon on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:14 pm

then maybe the issue is the Danish justice system?

here in the UK murdering someone is usually 25 years to life, less for manslaughter, less for self defence etc, its a sliding scale depending on the circumstances

me for one, if someone had been the subject of horiffic domestic abuse for years and then kills the person abusing them in self defence or due to the fact that they finally had enough and felt it was their only escape they should have a much lesser sentence than say Peter Sutcliff (the yorkshire ripper)

and before you say it the sad fact is in the UK (at least in the area I live in) Domestic abuse is NOT taken very seriously by the police, one friend of mine ended up in hospital having 32 stitches in her leg due to her ex smashing her dinner into her lap (breaking the plate) and was persuaded to drop the charges by the police on the ground that as she had pushed him over to get away from him afterwards he had hit his head and had a bruise and therefore she was going to be counter charged for assault

as for my best friend, I was one of the people who was there just after her (then) husband smashed her head through a plaster board wall in front of one of her daughters (who was 4 at the time) and despite the blood everywhere from her, the fact he didnt have a mark on him, the fact that I dragged him off her and had given a full statement, she was intimidated by a police officer to drop the charges as this officer told her that her 4 year old daughter would have to testify and she didnt want to put her through that, more shockingly the officer that did that was a female offcier :/

happy to report though both ladies are now very happily living with men who value them, love them and treat them with respect :)

anyway back to the subject!
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby meyenburg on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah, the Danish justice system is really as bad as it gets tbh. Although, i dont want it to get to the point of someone stealing an apple, means losing the hand, thats just too much.

And happy to hear both the girls are alrite this day :)
meyenburg
UKCS Sponsor

Player: real1ty
STEAM_0:0:8411193

Postby Mez on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 am

and before you say it the sad fact is in the UK (at least in the area I live in) Domestic abuse is NOT taken very seriously by the police

You have your view slightly wrong I'm afraid. I can only speak for the county I work in but it IS taken extremely seriously. Don't forget that quite often the police will act on the advice of the CPS. Essentially all he has to do is prove doubt in court. If he claims that it happened the other way around then who is to say it didn't? You need to think from an impartial point of view and from hearing all sides (true or not). Unless there are independent witnesses then it becomes difficult in court. Especially if the person charged gives another possible version of events or goes no comment.

That is why domestic violence is so heavily involved in society - because it is extremely hard to prove what actually happened.

Mez
Old Timer

Player: Mez^
STEAM_0:1:3620511

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:56 am

hence why I said the area I live in

google Tania Moore and Mark Dyche to give you an idea what the local constabulary are like here :/
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Previous

Return to Thinkers Topics