Bad Eating Habits

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Fast food

its not too bad now, you're fine if you exercise
No votes
its ok in moderation
47%
i have it very rarely
41%
never tough the stuff
12%

Total votes : 17

Bad Eating Habits

Postby heuji on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm

with Europe rapidly catching up on America's obesity, bad diet, and most notably, rise in processed/fast food consumption. yet another Brit falls fowl (unintended pun) of bad eating habits:
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/888477-girl ... en-nuggets
this one is clearly a parent 'loving the child too much' and giving in to her, once fad, fast food pleading. obvious because it states she is 17 and been eating only chicken nuggets for the past 15 years, yes 15 out of 17!
when i was growing up one of my school chums was such a bland eater too and he generally only ate stuff like chicken mcnuggets, processed burgers, processed this and that... he too was plagued by health problems ranging from skin conditions through to more serious liver problems. like the girl in the picture, he too, actually looked quite healthy at first glance. fortunately his parent took note of his ailments at an earlier stage than this and FORCED him to eat healthier. even though he'd sneak burgers and stuff when he was out with us. it is clear they saved him from doing irreparable damage to himself.
maybe i am finger pointing at the parent a little. i mean, it is difficult to say 'no' to your child, right? not only that, but, advertising and marketing have a lot to blame. the newer of the fast food chain adverts promote healthy living! of course, their food is healthy too now, right?
so, where do people stand when it comes to fast food?
Last edited by heuji on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Re: Bad Eating Habits

Postby heuji on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 pm

i voted: i have it very rarely. 'though, usually after/while eating i think 'why did i bother? its tastless and i'd have been much better off with something else or nothing at all'
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Postby coldandtired on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Never touch it.

Not only for the health reasons, but for the fact that I can make myself something cheaper, healthier, and above all tastier.
coldandtired
UKCS Admin

Player: coldandtired
STEAM_0:0:27915503

Postby Shuriken on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 am

Everything in moderation :D

Most fast food I get in binge style, like a trip to burger king on the way home from a week long vegetarian festival. I tend to have a strange diet though, some weeks I'll have 5 different curries over 7 days, other weeks I'll have simple things like bread, a few slices of cheese and some fruit. I do love a pizza every now and again though, with the odd burger or real kebab thrown in, sometimes together lol.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby BelovedKiller on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 am

coldandtired wrote:Never touch it.

Not only for the health reasons, but for the fact that I can make myself something cheaper, healthier, and above all tastier.
BelovedKiller
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: 제트별 - 冻住,不许走!
STEAM_0:0:22867374

Postby MrsSekhmet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am

I was a real junk food addict. Thing is, i worked at McDonalds. So for lunch, i had cheeseburgers, instead of bread.
I at like 4 bags of chips during a week. I have really neglected my body. But, then i got a kid. Which had forced me to eat better. So i do that now. Vegetables and potatoes. Need to work on eating fruit. But i am doing a lot better now.
The thing that was a part of my junk food habit is the fact that i just do not like to cook, and if i do, i think it tastes horrible. So i never eat properly. But that also is getting better.

The fact that really still works on me is that i have eating difficulties since i was really young, like 5-6 years old. I did not have anorexia or boulimia. Do not get me wrong. They tapped of blood once a month so i had to eat. Unfortunately that wasn't a long term solution. Lasted for a day or two. And, i do not like most foods. Most meat i do not like. Most vegetables i do not like.

I enjoy my pizza once in a while. And when the little boy is away i do not mind eating unhealthy. As long as i moderate it i think it is ok.

I am so glamorous i piss glitter and sh*t stardust

My life is a constant struggle between being bored and being lazy.
MrsSekhmet
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sekh
STEAM_0:1:40186891

Return to Thinkers Topics