Salvation

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

Re: Salvation

Postby Acehole on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm

[quote="ApacheFlame"]So let me get this straight (hah! Chance of that would be a fine thing :P ):

It is not OK for homosexual couples to adopt.

It is OK for heterosexual couples to adopt.

Surely adopting more children, regardless of sexual orientation, is a good thing?

Yes Adoption is a good thing but confusing an adopted child by Homosexual parents is just wrong. So the child will grow up thinking that sleeping with another man is OK (its Sick) and disturbing.
Last edited by Acehole on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acehole

Player: Ace ♠ HoLe™
STEAM_0:1:536345

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm

tbh some of the gay couples I know would make better bloody parents than some of the straight couples I know!
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm

and sleeping with someone of the same gender as yourself isnt sick

its just not to YOUR personal sexual taste

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Dauntless on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Acehole wrote:Yes Adoption is a good thing but confusing an adopted child by Homosexual parents is just wrong. So the child will grow up thinking that sleeping with another man is OK (its Sick) and disturbing.

re# Skilgannon wrote:tbh some of the gay couples I know would make better bloody parents than some of the straight couples I know!

Yeah I think Ace, your comment is somewhat narrow minded and although everyone has their own opinion, I think calling homosexuals sick and disturbing is going too far. Is this your own opinion or your books?

Sunshine said it right! Just because they are gay, doesnt make them bad parents.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Synaphix on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm

re# Skilgannon wrote:tbh some of the gay couples I know would make better bloody parents than some of the straight couples I know!

I agree with this. I have two gay friends who make far better parents than most couples I know.

And I am also disgusted by your own comments on the matter Ace. Whether your opinion or not using the words you have chosen is just wrong and offensive.
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Ace, is it just gay MEN that disturb you? From your comments you dont seem to have a problem with gay women.
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby ApacheFlame on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:13 pm

While Acehole's comments are not very PC, this is turning into a very anti-religion thread, so we must understand why he may have posted in the way he did.

I respectfully think that you are wrong on this, you also ignored the key point of my post:

ApacheFlame wrote:I am sure that any couple would respect the choices their child makes regarding religion so please dont say homosexual couples 'will teach them to sin/set a bad example' as it wont wash I am afraid. If a child is old enough to make a choice about religion they are old enough to take examples from their respective beliefs and show tolerance to the rest of mankind.

I was hoping that there would be a reason, apart from 'it's sick'.

The church, in my eyes, needs to provide good reasons for why things are wrong as just saying it's wrong is not the way to make people understand your point of view. It just makes the church look more archaic than it already is with an air of fingers-in-ears lalalalalala no listening vibe.
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby MrsSekhmet on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Do you know what I find sick about religion.. The priests touching young children from there own gender.

I am Bi sexual, have gay friend, have a kid out of broken relationship. I have friends who couldn't have kids normally so they had to do ivf, donor.
Are these bad people? No not at all! Am I a bad person, no I am who I am and I will not let my gender be hidden behind a book. Nor the decisions that I choose to make in my life.

Religion is also many times the reason for wars. In my honest opinion, religion is worse then anything you described here. But if you are happy with that, fine by me, I will not judge you in person, but calling me, or my friends sick and disturbing, is not ok.

I am so glamorous i piss glitter and sh*t stardust

My life is a constant struggle between being bored and being lazy.
MrsSekhmet
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sekh
STEAM_0:1:40186891

Postby Ger-h on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

I grow up in a catholic country.people are allowed to be who ever they like to be.there's noting wrong with being gay or being different these day's.can't believe people still think that being gay or being different is a illness in the 21 century and since the report's about priests it's kinda turned me off being a religious person.
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby Security on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:42 pm

coldandtired wrote:I, on the other hand, have absolutely no respect for religion or those who follow it.
Every moment you spend considering rubbish created by ignorant villagers hundreds/thousands of years ago is a moment you could have spent doing something useful, or just appreciating the beauty of life.

Of course religion has it's bad sides mostly because people abuse the trust and power they have over others but at the same time you cannot deny that it gives many people the hope and will to live in some of the worst situations imaginable, sometimes people need to believe in something to be able to continue to live.

Acehole wrote:Its Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve :?

And look at what Eve caused, I cannot blame Adam choosing for Steve after that.

Acehole wrote:There are some things I believe in the bible and things I don't totally agree with. Aceo calling God a Dick is a bit disrespectful I think.

So as long as you agree with it the fact that it is in the bible is enough proof that it is true but as soon as you do not agree with it it's not or am I misunderstanding your statement?

Acehole wrote:You Don't have sex with another Man if you are a Man, a man and a woman where made the way they are so they can reproduce. And as for Gay men trying to Adopt children is a hole new matter that's seriously needs looking at in my eyes. :twisted:

So what is your view point on animals that show homosexual behaviour, for example dolphins are known to have sex with the same sex.

Gh0st.IRE wrote:I really think that no-one knows what happens when you die (shock)

Personally I find it a beautiful idea that there is some truth behind the Akasic records. :)

Acehole wrote:Yes Adoption is a good thing but confusing an adopted child by Homosexual parents is just wrong. So the child will grow up thinking that sleeping with another man is OK (its Sick) and disturbing.

Tbh. I find it a sick, disturbing and scary thought that someone with your views will someday raise a child, you are teaching a child intolerance and hate towards people who have a different sexual orientation and believes then you.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Acehole, perhaps you can clarify this for me. Where does the anti-gay thing in Christianity come from? Having been thought religion since I started primary school (aged 5/6) not once was it mentioned that you cannot be gay.

Is it a direct quote from Christ himself or is it the interpretation from the Holy Book? I'm also pretty sure that a Pope is never mentioned in the Bible and yet we have one with ludicrous amounts of money while children die of starvation in Africa (And incredibly Christian continent). Could you give me the quote(s) that tell us we should be homophobic? To me, People are people regardless of race, creed, sex or sexuality. They're just words at the end of the day!
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:06 pm

One of my work friends is very openly gay and her and her gf raised 2 very well adjusted tolerant and thoughful young men, they respect women, are heterosexual themselves, both have excellent degrees and are well rounded contributers to society

Both of them put this down to the parenting skills of their mothers

Oh and one of them is now studying to be a vicar

Tolerance and respect are what gels people into a functioning society and as far as I am concerned as long as its between consenting adults anything goes.

Being a christian doesnt automatically make you a good person

Being gay/bi/transgendered etc doesnt make you a bad person

I know assholes from all walks of life and amazingly warm and loving people from all walks of life, how you live your life, how you treat others and the choices you make are what defines you, not some potentially mythical all knowing being

re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Cotillion on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm

First of all: I bow to no one! I bow to none! We are all equals and it doesn't matter what, where, who or something else.

Anybody (gods or men and everything in between) that asks submission to give you the right to pass into something better is in my honest opinion a lesser being. There is no just cause getting people into submission.

Furthermore i really live life through learning from life itself, not from what a book dictates me how to live. That is not the trough meaning of learning.

And last but not least: what to **** is this hate against homo or bi sexuals? Are the priest that sexually frustrated? Are they in fact jealous? What is wrong about it? I have a fair amount of homo and bi sexual friends and i couldn't care less that they are homo or bi sexual, it's all about the personality. To be honest, if God really existed and really hated homosexuals, why the hell are they even here then? and what to hell of a Hitler would he be. If this god is that full of hatred against all people that doesn't get in to his submission or do his willings, i will go the hell on a voluntary base. I really couldn't live in such a lie and with such a dictator.
your personal ignis fatuus
Cotillion
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Cotillion \m/
STEAM_0:1:32290831

Postby Templar+ on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Cotillion wrote:First of all: I bow to no one!

I like this mentality! +1 for you!
Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Nothing wrong with a little submission, as i said between consenting adults ;)

re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Templar+ on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Well if it involves fun then that's different then isn't it :P ;)
Templar+
Old Timer

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Still those sinful thoughts! :p

re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Templar+ on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Oh my..... Forgot what topic this was haha shame on me! It's ok though ima blaming you for this one :)
Templar+
Old Timer

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 pm

I blame Kan tbh

re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby coldandtired on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm

The only sexual abnormality is abstinence.
coldandtired
UKCS Admin

Player: coldandtired
STEAM_0:0:27915503

PreviousNext

Return to Thinkers Topics